Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm older and have had my share of authentic bags but I'm so fickle and get bored of things so easy I now buy fakes and I sometimes buy 3-4 a weekend, mostly coach and LV, I get bored and put them for swap or sell them. My friend took 4 bags to her job and they were snatched up and I have money to buy more. The most I spent was $150 on a leather chloe paddington. I am on the fence whether to buy a fake fendi spy bag for $60 or a leather one for $150. It is illegal to sell them but not buy them if that makes any sense. My friend who is chinese was arrested along with 27 other people at a flea market in NJ. I helped her get a lawyer and just spoke with the prosecutor yesterday cause she needed a letter for her insurance company that her vehicle was turned over to the state of NJ. I jokingly said to her how she took my bags and she said you can still buy them just not sell them. I know it makes no sense but that is what she said. I did ask what happens if I was there buying them and a raid happened and she said nothing.

Phillygirl I am with you on the not spending tons of money on bags. I do have my fair share of authentic Coach, Gucci and LV but they are also bags that were purchased in the 80s and 90s when I was making tons of money. They are all packed in a box in the closet now, they are all well used and worn but I just can't make myself part with them, The "knockoffs, fakes or whatever" are real easy to get and give up. lol

I agree with Liz on this one... also I think that if you cannot afford to have the real designer bags, you shouldn't really want to be carrying around a fake monogrammed bag that (if someone knows what to look for) can be identified as fake because that just seems tacky IMO (though some fakes are better than others!!). If the bag is NOT monogrammed and you just like it because of its color, shape, or whatever, then I think that is fine... but why have a bunch of logos all over your bag if they aren't really by the designer they are advertising. It just seems unfair to the designers and is very much discrediting to their work.

I say to each their own.

I personally would never spend $2000 on a purse. I'm also not the type of person who follows trends either.

I would rather buy a good fake than a real one at that price tag, but that's just me.

I don't have anything against fakes as long as they don't have the label on them. Look alike or copy cats are fine and I have and would buy them.

theres alot of good fakes out there, one of my friends was on the waiting list on the color lv when it 1st came out,, she spend over 1,000 on it then bought one for $150 and they look just alike you sould never tell the diffrence.

but they are some that look so ugly! like its very abvious its fake! but if you find a bag that looks really real i say go for it! but dont pay 10 bucks for a fake LV cause you know your not fooling anyone.

I'm not trying to fool anyone. I am confident enough in myself that I could care less what others think. I buy what I like and wear it.

Sorry if I sounded rude but I'm just trying to explain I'm not a young girl anymore and I have had my share of authentic bags. I'm not out to impress anyone. I enjoy my knockoffs and can't wait for the weekends when I'm out 6 am in the morning looking for more to buy. You'd be suprised the amount of knock offs I have cp'd for members so I can say I'm certainly not alone.

At the end of the day, if I want a real LV, or Fendi or Gucci purse, I can go out and but it, but I'd rather save my money for more valuable things. In my opinion I'm coming out the winner in the end if I'm holding a fake LV that looks exactly like a girls real one. At least I'm not making a dent in my bank account, and the quality of the fake purse I'm holding is just as good as the real one.

I bought my authentic bags before I had kids. I feel very guilty buying anything that expensive when I could be buying my sons things they want. I almost ordered an LV Noe bag,not the small one and decided not to. This is my favorite bag cause of the comfort and the amount it holds, I paid $40 for my fake and love it.

My friend who sells all the bags does sell the LV's that do have the leather straps and do oxidize but they are about $100 more a bag.

I am sporting my LV multicolor alma knock off right now and loving it. There is no way anyone would mistake it for the real thing either. I like the size, shape, colors and especially the price, it was 20.00 at our little oriental dollar store.

I think it tough on deisngers tho because they make them and price them and ppl go and make the same but with a slight twist and a hell of a lot cheeper, they do price themself outa the market but some knock offs are awful and some can be great.

i supose it depends on wat u dont mind buying and displaying as you own!!

I like the Alma but it is too heavy for me and wheb I use it as a shoulder bag it hits my knee. My sister in law is married to an established doctor and had me get her the brown Alma and the keepall. They spend thier money on traveling around the world.

Well...im not really into LV or all that stuff but It's nothing new ..you see everyone carrying around fake ones evrywhere here. It's pretty normal . Now a days any handbag you buy seems to be a knock off because whatever you buy is some type of version of another deisgners handbag cuz no one makes their own nemore.

I aggree. It is 5:12 am here and I'm headed out the door for coffee and then on my quest for new styles of fakes. This is my time without children and I enjoy it.

Phillygirl, in my thrift shopping quest yesterday I found the coolest alma style handbag, its not leather and its black with muted gold trim, and the front has designs like patchwork that almost looks hand painted. Its hard to explain but I really like it and the price was 4.00 so I can't complain at all. lol Good luck on your quest for new bags. :clap

Back