Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say if you like it and can afford it, then why not. If that means buying a fake, then so be it.

I'm from a fairly small town and there is nowhere to get a real LV, Gucci, or Dior bag unless I want to drive three hours one way to do so (to get to Nashville, TN). I won't buy any on eBay that say "Authentic" because a lot of the time the seller is either lying or just doesn't know the truth.

I have a copy-cat LV one that I never use any more. I bought it on eBay and the person selling it was very honest about it and had several pics. It wasn't made to be an LV fake, just based on the designs. I bought it because it was cute (in color and design) and it was the mini backpack style, which I needed for a trip to an amusement park. I paid $10 for it (plus $5 for shipping). It is still in good condition, but I don't use it anymore, just because I don't like the backpack style unless I'm out at an amusement park or at the beach.

Now, if someone said to me, "Here is a fake LV/Gucci/Dior" and it looked absolutely identical to a real one, that doesn't mean I would buy it. I would buy it if it was cute in color and design, but for those reasons only, not because it is a "cheap Gucci/LV/Dior".

You can buy authentic bags on very legitimate sites and they will ship to you. I bought this Gucci cause i loved it and was not willing to pay $1800 for one that looked almost exactly the same when i could pay $150. The bag does not scream Gucci either. i plan on buying another one in the next few weeks from the same company. They make different flavors for a reason. Not everyone is going to agree on everything, some like chocolate and some like vanillia.

I agree with this. By buying fakes, you're supporting the illegal copying of a logo or whatever. There's a difference between an inspired bag and a fake knock off.

I don't care enough about purses to get a fake. I do like shopping outlet stores though (for make-up and clothing mostly) but on my last trip down to Manchester, VT I got a $400 coach bag at the outlet for $125. To me it's a compromise between blowing tons of money on a bag and buying a fake. There was also a burberry outlet that I would have bought one at, but they closed kinda early.

I don't think a fake is a sound investment for any girl. Just hear me out, I know not everyone wants to spend $1000 on a bag, BUT if you spend $50 on a fake, most likely it will fall apart in 3 months, after doing that a few hundred times, you already paid for an authentic bag, PLUS louis vuitton and chanels go up in price and value every year, so that is why I am not for faux purses.

I bought my sister a Fendi (lookalike) Detective Spy bag on Ebay for $30. She showed it to me and said how cute it was and that she wanted it. I, of course, bought it for her, and here it sits in my closet until she visits next weekend and gets it.

She didn't have a CLUE that it was a Fendi look-a-like, just really loved that bag. I immediately recognized it.

I, personally, can't bring myself to wear it. It is cute though, with all the compartments! It makes me want to see and feel a real one. Drool*

In the box I recieved from the company that makes all these knock-offs, came a little paper slip that said they can't legally sell on Ebay anymore and directed to a separate website! If I had known it was illegal to sell them I wouldn't have bought it.

I agree not to mention it's totally lame. I see people who buy fakes as trying to buy an image they can't obtain. There are so many nice bags at reasonable prices.Plus it's really easy to spot fakes even if you don't think it is.

To add: You can reply to me and say how amazing your fakes are but it's still ILLEGAL and insanely tacky.

:laughing: I can afford to buy any purse I please. I am not a child and why buy the real thing when it will get thrown in the back of a closet or given away when I can get an exact replica that no one in the world except maybe an expert could tell. Since I have voiced my opinion on this subject I have recieved so many emails wanting to know where to get them, I am not a dealer but have great resourses from mirror image to just a copy. Ignorance is bliss, there are so many other issues we need to concern ourselves with in the world today. Why should I buy 1 authentic bag every 4 months when I can buy 2-3 mirror images a month?

Hey to each their own I suppose. I'm not the one trying to justify my illegal activities here. :laughing: This thread is seriously hilarious. :rotfl:

I-Can-Tell-Your-Purse-Is-Fake-Magnet-C12220900.jpeg

I need one of these shirts. :laughing: :moa:

That made absolutely no sense but I see what your trying to say. It is not illegal :policeman:to buy a fake purse, did you know that? It is illegal to manufacture them plus I think there are more important issues going on in the world right now to worry about silly purses don't you think? :laughing:

You can not tell my purses are fake and i think only a young teenager would wear something like that. I have recieved so many requests in private because they are afraid they will be attacked by someone like you. Have a nice day and try to concentrate on more important things in the world. I have a life that i must attend too.

Ciao

That is why they make vanilla and chocolate sweetie. :rotfl:

:add_wegbrech: It just keeps getting better with every post. It's pretty obvious you have been trying to justify why fake purses are great for pages. It's just very amusing to me. Of course it's not illegal to purchase them but you are knowingly supporting highly illegal activities, I guess thats ok to some people.

Guess you have to get back to buying more fakes.:add_wegbrech:

It's hilarious that this thread is about what you think of knock off purses and I get attacked for stating my opinion.To end this, stick a fork in me i'm done. This thread was an interesting read though.

:rockwoot: I know I said I was done, I just love this smiley.And I edit too much.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No not this week I had plastic surgery on my eyes and I'm too buy spending all my DH's mony on Sephora.com but it has been a pleasure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You are the same age as my oldest and i understand your state of mind. I'm sure you won't be upset if I do not respond but I do have things to do. You keep taking me away from the Sephora site. :rotfl:

Well it's good to know you don't buy knockoffs of Makeup. I hope when i'm old I can be as mature as you are.

I'm definately not against other people buying fakes, but I prefer to save up the money and buy a real one because it would be a lot more special to me. And plus if I was to buy a fake I just would't feel comfortable wearing it out.

I will not purchase fake louis because the straps dont change color and thats a dead giveaway that its fake...

Anyone who does their research will be able to tell when it's a fake. Personally I wouldn't buy one. I had a friend who would not stop buying fakes bc each one tore up quickly or the clasp would break off. They're made cheaply and personally I go through purses way to quickly to even buy a fake.

Edit:

And another thing, I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing some ppl around could tell I have a fake. It ruins the whole reason for a having a fake (not being able to tell it is!)

Latest posts

Back