Korean Makeup Trend - BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first reply disappeared
frown.gif
so type again

i got the "Oriental BB Cream" purple bottle from skin79.us

very good coverage since it also suits my Indian friend's skin tone

they are the first manufacture brought BB cream from Germany to Korea !!

I'd really like to use BB cream.

But I've never wore make-up before so I have no idea what shade I am.

I guess I should go to a MAC store and see what my shade is.

When I do is BB Cream shades close to MACs ? I'm scared to buy online and end up with the wrong shade >_>;

Can you please post more reviews on BB cream? I have heard of it, but I still don't know much. I have acne-prone skin and I just want a solid, reliable regimen for my skin. I'm already in my mid-20's and getting serious about anti-aging products. I just want good, healthy skin, not necessarily makeup-covered skin. Please post more info and do you know where to good good deals to get BB cream? Where to purchase them?

I love BB Cream so much and I still prefer it for everyday use than foundation. I did a review on my blog on the Tony Moly bb cream today with some swatches. I have tried quite a few brands already and my favorites so far are skin 79, skin food, and danahan but I am yet to do a review on them soon. They don't break me out and they are good at preventing oils. There are a few available bb creams for oil/acne-prone skin and you can purchase them from ebay

I tried BB cream for the first time after it was suggested by a couple of ladies on here when I was looking for suggestions for a better foundation.  This is my first day using it, but I must say I am really impressed.  It improves the tone and texture of my skin while feeling like I have nothing on.  I definitely plan to get a full size.

Here's a link to the sample that I got from Skin79.  I'd definitely recommend getting this sample if you're interested, because it's only $1, shipping is free, you get to try two of their creams, and included with the sample they sent me a $5 coupon code.

I wouldn't say this product is for everyone, though.  Here are some cons:

It seems to be only for fairer skin tones.  It does adjust somewhat to your skin tone, but that only goes so far.  I still have a hint of a tan left over from the summer, and while the shade looks perfect on my skin indoors, it looks a little too pale in outdoor light.  I plan to experiment with a little bronzer to warm it up.  

This brand is also geared towards skin tones with neutral/yellow/golden undertones.  I wouldn't get it for pink undertoned skin. 

If you've got acne prone skin I personally wouldn't touch the stuff. I had the opportunity to try several out in an Asian mall here in Canada. AFAIK all BB creams have silicone in them. Silicones are a nightmare for acne prone skin.

For those of you that might be a little wary about buying asian BB creams, Garnier Fructis actually just came out with one. You can find it at Walgreens now:

I don't think the ingredients would be any better, but I don't think they'd be any worse either. imo I wouldn't be worried if you have acne-prone skin, since a lot of people rave about how it controls their acne--a lot of have sebum control.

Back