Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have really been researching the uses of coconut oil. It is like the all purpose miracle worker is what it seems like. I am going to try and start incorporating it into my diet. I read that you should work your way up to about 1 tablespoon with each meal. It seems like it will be an aquired taste.

i jus picked some of this up yesterday..ill have to post results in a week or so

I just have to share with you all that I found some coconut oil at a new store and it is totally cheaper. Today I got mine at a global food market for $3.29 and i paid $7.99 at the health food store. How fabulous is that!!! The brand from the health food store has a more coconut smell but not real strong. I put some of the new kind on my hands this afternoon and it smells almost like a bonfire or like something burnt on my hands. Does anyone else's have a weird smell?

Mine doesn't have a weird smell, it just has like...no smell. It doesn't smell like coconut or anything. It might have something to do with the fact that I bought refined coconut oil. I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, my first jar I bought didnt really have a whole lot of smell just a hint of coconut, but this new jar has a strong smell. Both are unrefined, but the newest one I bought was like from the foods from India in the global grocery store. I would assume it is ok to use still. I might save this new one strictly for my hair since my shampoo can wash the smell out. It is really strange though.

i guess you just have to check the labels. my bottle has a good smell of coconut, but i bought it in a health food store, so maybe it's the way the oil is made that changes the smell?

For you girls that use coconut oil on your hair, how often do you use it to condition your hair? I used it the other night, but I don't want to use it too often.

OK, I bought a jar of this stuff and would like to use it as a conditioner for my hair. Question: what is the best way to do that? Liquify it first (if so, how?). Do you put it on wet hair after shampooing?

How long should you leave it in??? does it rinse out easily?

Thanks! Looking forward to your replies so I can use this tomorrow!

Cass

i wanted to use it like a hot oil treatment is that a bad idea? does anyone use it as a daily hair dressing?

OK, ladies...someone please reply!!!! I have a jar of this stuff I want to use as a hair conditioner, but I can't find directions regarding how to use it, how long it needs to stay on, do I apply before or after shampoo, how much to apply, etc.

Any ideas?????

Try searching the Hair Care forum and if you don't find anything start a new thread THERE. hth :policeman: :g:

Has anyone ever tried Parachute coconut oil? It's multipurpose oil, hair, skin and it's edible.

I have Parachute coconut oil and currently use it on my hair and body, it's ok but it smells like dessicated coconut, I prefer Virgin Coconut Oil personally it's not only less greasy but it also smells nicer and probably tastes nicer (never tasted Parachute).

my mom bought a coconut (lol) shower gel last week at a cheap store. well i checked the label and it didn't contain anything coming from the fruit, only chemicals (it even gave me eczema ! WTF ?!). i just prefer the natural smell of coconut.

I use conconut oil on my hair as tinkerbellz does I never thought to put it on my skin :S I might try it though...

definitely try it trinkets, i've used it on my face and body, you really feel the difference.

For those who found success with coconut oil.... do you put it only on scar areas or do you put it all over your face like a moisturizer?

I have thyroid problems and also had read about coconut oil but it did not work at all for me, I actually broke out in a huge walking pimple, I was unable to metabolize it and my 2 doctors from Mayo Clinic explained that all those things that coconut oil was being advertised for was just that advertising in terms of the thyroid and health issues.It could work for face though.Don't mean to be negative on it just it really did not help me at all.

Latest posts

Back