Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use it every day, but when I do I put it on my entire face as a moisturizer. It does work great and it absorbs quickly. hth

Quick update:

I am currently using coconut oil mixed with shea butter, lavender essential oil, rose hip seed oil. I mixed all these together to cut down on application time.

My skin used to be really really bad with lots of acne scars, cysts and various ish. its not perfect yet but I can brag about it and the progress i have made using coconut oil and shea butter.

Attachment 37164

Its not perfect but like I said, its better..way better.

Ps: not wearing foundation or any of that jazz. Just eyeshadow and lipstick.

What type of shea butter do you use? Is it pure? What kind of store do you buy it from?

Me too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pure coconut oil is so great though, I cook with it, put it in my hair as a conditioner, put it it on my face and body, it keeps you incredibly soft and smooth... it is just nature's miracle :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> like aloe vera.

It is great to hear other people are trying it and finding wonderful results :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You look fantastic! (also WITHOUT makeup :rockwoot:)

this vco its really work on my scar, my nasty scar is slowly fade away

thanks for the tips

I use pure(raw) 100% shea butter. I buy mine from an African store but you get can it from local vendors. Let me show you my shea butter stash so you can see what it looks like and maybe it will guide you. This season (winter) is also the perfect time to buy it because your skin tends to be chapped during the winter so massage it into your skin while its still damp (this permits easy permeability) and use your makeup. Oh and you can also use it on your lips..make its uber soft and ultra moisturized.

here are the pictures:

Attachment 37372

Attachment 37373

Attachment 37374

Attachment 37375

the last picture is what i currently use which contains coconut oil, shea butter, lavender oil, rose hip seed oil and hemp seed oil.

i agree, it's absolutely great for the lips. check also in healthfood stores. mine is unrefined, so it has a grainy texture, you have to massage it just a bit between your fingers before applying.

i also apply a good amount on my cheeks, and it does wonders against the cold.

Sorry it didn't work for you! I'm a little confused though. Did you ingest it? I don't know much about that, but I think most of the information in this thread is related to using it topically on your face/body. Try that and hopefully you'll have better luck!

EmpericalBeauty,

Thanks for posting these picutres. What size container is the shea butter?

Mine is the 16 ounce container and It was originally 13 dollars but i got it for 8. you can bu a ziplock bag full of raw shea butter at african store for 5 dollars (at least thats where i now get mine!)

I've used this a couple of times. Has anyone tried the oil cleansing method using coconut oil (as opposed to the standard olive oil or whatever)?

I don't know, I liked it, but it never really absorbed. Maybe I'll try mixing it with some aloe vera gel or something.. hmm

has anyone tried drinking spoon of coconut oil as well? I heard that works wonders for the skin

Coconut oil and blemishes.....I am a believer!!!!!

I started applying coconut oil directly to my blemishes after using the oil cleansing method and the blemishes have already begun fading away. This is great. Thanks so much EmpiricalBeauty for answering my many questions. I'm still on the look out for the African Shea butter, but for now I am very happy using these oils for my face care. Thanks to everyone who has given their feedback on coconut oil and the OCM method.

coconut oil is so great. i've it cheaper in indian stores in Paris, but i'm not sure the quality is the same. i'll probably have to try some day.

I use pure coconut oil for my body and I have to say I don't think I'll ever use lotion again. It is so moisturizing and it gives my skin such a beautiful glow. Now, as for the face... I don't know! I have oily skin that is prone to cystic acne. I'm scared to try anything super greasy on my face because it results in more breakouts.

Latest posts

Back