Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use coconut oil on my hair. I bought a big jar of it at an asian market for 7 bucks.

I use coconut oil on my hair for a deep conditioning treatment (make sure you rinse it all out though or else your hair will be seriously oily!).... also you can rub a little on your ends if you have dry and brittle split ends, especially before straightening hair. It also works great on my cuticles and lips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Remember a thread like this a year back. I ran and bought it....and loved it! Uses it after my microdermabrasion and acne scars does deffo fade!!!

Thank you for all your testimonials.

This is my supler plan:

Morning and Night I'll use "The most Magical Skin Recipe" posted by MissLovely.

For the shower: A mix of olive oil, sugar and coconut oil to exfoliate this awesome body.

And...........

Before bed: Coconut Oil for the face.

Tomorrow I'll go and hunt all the ingredients.

Thank you for this great post!

Does it have to be virgin coconut oil? i have an all natural one from the health food store but its not virgin. the same company makes a virgin one too but its $20.00!!

Wow I just bought some for cooking, I didn't know it had such rave reviews for skincare too. I'll def give it a try!

wow! thanks for sharing this. we actually have one here at home but no one is using it. i want to try putting it on tonight.

Update:

I used coconut oil on my cousin's hair and she couldnt stop singing praises. She is very picky about products so at first she was sketched out. but now she wants it on her hair everytime.

I've heard this before. It was a craze like a decade ago back home. Coconut oil and Indian Hemp for hair growth and lustre. But thanks for the info on skin!

I HAVE THAT EXACT SAME ONE!!!! GOT IT IN HARLEM LAST YR!! WOO HOO!!!

Hmm, I just purchased some coconut oil, however it doesn't say virgin or extra virgin on it. It's by Shashi, and it says 100% natural coconut oil. :unsure: Can this be a problem? I'm not quite sure if I should attempt applying this on my face if it doesn't state virgin/pure on the label. Grarg. Ideas? Comments? Advice?

I use the same face wash you do. It does take a few days and then the clogged pores come to the surface. Try exfoliating with a washcloth and mixing the coconut oil with aloe gel for your face. Also, apply a fine layer of aloe gel to the bumps after moisturizing. It does clear them up.

Back