Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting!! I have a couple of cystic acne scars that have been trying everything I can think of to get rid of.........hope this works!

I just googled coconut oil and it sounds like it has numerous dietary benefits as well! I am definately getting some tomorrow!

Great information! I'm going to look for some too! Thanks for posting!

This post is AWESOME, i will give it a try too, i have to call the health food store to see if they have some here, i really want to see how it works on my face too! and well, maybe other areas of my body :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I went to the health food store yesterday it was in a tub but it was labeled Shea butter is this the same thing?

Great ! another thing i have to buy, my acne scars won't win the war!

cracka : it's different. don't get me wrong, shea butter is also great, it moisturises your skin and hair, and it's a common ingredient in lipbalms. get it, you will find it useful.

I think coconut oil and shea butter aren't the same :study: If I've never seen them be4 I wouldn't know the different, no worries Cracka.

What is Shea Butter?

Shea butter originates from the Karite Nut tree, also called the Mangifolia tree, found in the semi-arid savannahs of West and Central Africa. The women of West Africa have been using shea butter for centuries. The Karite Nut tree, which can live for 300 years, is often dubbed the “tree of life†by African women who make this precious butter by hand. Almost all parts of the tree have some practical use. The bark is an ingredient in traditional medicines against certain childhood illnesses and minor scrapes and cuts. The shell of the nuts can repel mosquitoes. Above all, because it is completely non-toxic and gentle, the fruity part of the nut, when crushed, yields a vegetable oil that can be used in soap-making, cooking, and skin and hair care

Shea Butter - What is it - How is it made

shea butter is quite different than coconut oil. shea butter is also great, but i don't think i'd try it on my face. i do love shea butter as a body moisturizer, though.

Thanks for sharing this! I must revisit this stuff again! I used to use it on my hair but it reeeeally weighed it down. I think I over did it.

I'd really like to try this stuff on my old scars......

Does it matter if it's organic or not? I bought mine in the same section as other cooking oils (at the grocery). Does that matter? The brand I use is MR. GOUDA'S coconut oil (in solid form).

as long as it is pure virgin coconut oil, you should be fine. you want the pure straight up stuff not the one mixed with chemicals.

I can highly recommend coconut oil

it has some extremely healing properties, stronger than tea tree.

it works well on foot infections/fungus/athletes foot etc as it has antiseptic properties. as well as burns, bruises, and scars.

because of its non greasy quality you can also put it raw on your hair.

(note its a bit of a myth that oils are all greasy some are actually drying)

you can buy it very cheaply from chemists or health food shops, usually in the fridge. don't buy it as an oil as its been refined. you need the hard stuff in a tub.

it comes hard and waxy. what i do is melt a little in an aromatherapy pot and mix in a little bit of essential oil

it is a bit smelly to be honest lovely stuff though and really quite cheap.

After making coconut oil, here's the shell usage:laughing:

coconut.jpg

loooool ! but somebody has to explain me how to cut a coconut in two equal parts, because last time we tried in my family, it was like coconut purée for everyone.

I had some of this when I was low-carbing and tossed it! Grrrr. I will have to get some more. My little girl has eczema and I bet I could slather her down with this and it would be great!

Thanks for the post, my cosuin actually bought a jar for me to try on the other day and I was like, I'm not putting that on my face it's gonna clog my pores and make me break out! Well, since it worked for you I might as well give it a try.

Back