Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. I was charged on the 25th, but no email or tracking yet. Mine is the cool toned box. Maybe they sent warm first?

Mine might have come faster because of my credit card problem and me having to call them. They put the order in right there on the phone. I also live pretty close to their location so they told me I was going to get it pretty fast. Since my box was kind of a separate order from all the other boxes it came so fast. I wonder if the boxes are being sent as a group to all the subscribers at once and mine left early because of the situation.

For the past 2 boxes, I never received a tracking email.  They just randomly showed up on my doorstep.  I'm used to it at this point...
I think it has something to do with their really crappy website. Seriously. It's terrible. I managed to sign up for Le Matchbox without making a Jouer account. That meant they didn't have my email address in order to send me tracking. I contacted them about connecting my Le Matchbox account to my email and that fixed the problem of not getting tracking.

But really, how silly is it not to ask for an email address when someone is signing up for a recurring subscription!? I'm not sure if they fixed that issue yet but they rrreally need to upgrade their site.

Okay, so Christine from Jouer and her daughter Amelie started a YouTube channel together (Jouergirls) and it's basically the most adorable thing I have ever seen.  I have two little girls and got the tiniest bit misty watching the videos because it made me imagine what mine will be like at that age.  Also because I am a big sap. 

I got the warm box this time and the palette is just gorgeous. All of the spoilers that I've seen make the darkest eyeshadow look black but it's actually a very rich sparkly brown. Very pretty! The lipgloss is great too, I just wish it was full size and not such a teeny tiny sample.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box yesterday! Mine is cool-toned and with the "brows" tote bag. My husband and I were going out to an art show after work, so I had a great reason to use all my new goodies. In my opinion, the standout item is the eye primer. I used the primer, then did the middle of the three suggested looks from the palette, a sort of plum smokey eye. I used the sparkly black shadow (applied with a damp angled brush) as liner, and it didn't smudge/flake/drop sparkles at all. Big thumbs up. The blush/bronzer/highlighter are all subtle and coordinate nicely.

The only thing I didn't use yet was the liquid liner. I tested it on the back of my hand, though. After letting it set for about 15 minutes, I washed it off. It came off really easily with soap and water, so I'll be interested in seeing how it holds up all day on my eyes. My current fave is the Clio Kill Black Liquid Liner- pretty much the most perfect black liquid liner I've ever used.

Got my box yesterday! Mine is cool-toned and with the "brows" tote bag. My husband and I were going out to an art show after work, so I had a great reason to use all my new goodies. In my opinion, the standout item is the eye primer. I used the primer, then did the middle of the three suggested looks from the palette, a sort of plum smokey eye. I used the sparkly black shadow (applied with a damp angled brush) as liner, and it didn't smudge/flake/drop sparkles at all. Big thumbs up. The blush/bronzer/highlighter are all subtle and coordinate nicely.

The only thing I didn't use yet was the liquid liner. I tested it on the back of my hand, though. After letting it set for about 15 minutes, I washed it off. It came off really easily with soap and water, so I'll be interested in seeing how it holds up all day on my eyes. My current fave is the Clio Kill Black Liquid Liner- pretty much the most perfect black liquid liner I've ever used.
My box arrived yesterday and I tore into it. . haha.  I'm usually skeptical of palettes because it seems the quality is never the same as individual products.   This one is beautiful though - the shadows are so pigmented and buttery.  I also used the black shadow as a liner and it went on like a breeze.  I haven't tried the pen liner yet, but the primer is excellent.  

The lipgloss is pretty, though I can't imagine it would cost much more to send a full size out (surely most of the cost is for packaging).  It's a nice gloss though and I'm happy to have it.  

Okay, I used the liner and I love it. I'm not super familiar with liquid liners so it may be that it's normal but I love the precision and super tiny point that it comes to. And it lasts. And lasts. I had a super long day, black tie event that went well into the night. It was hot, there was dancing and when I got to bed, I basically fell into it, not even removing my makeup.

This morning, while my eyeshadow and the useless UrbanDecay eyeshadow primer (it creased after six hours of wear) was totally gone, my Kitten liner was still perfect like i had just applied it, even the wings. I was impressed.

I got my box yesterday and I cannot wait to play with the pretties!! My bag has a that saying 'friends don't let  friends have bad eyebrows" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WHAAA?  Sorry, but that saying is not me - I don't really care about brow products!  haha.  It will go on the swap list - I would love to get another bag with a different saying, but thems the breaks.  It is a nice tote bag, I wish I could remove that saying.  

I got my box yesterday and I cannot wait to play with the pretties!! My bag has a that saying 'friends don't let  friends have bad eyebrows" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WHAAA?  Sorry, but that saying is not me - I don't really care about brow products!  haha.  It will go on the swap list - I would love to get another bag with a different saying, but thems the breaks.  It is a nice tote bag, I wish I could remove that saying.  
Yeah I got that one too and it's also not me.  But whatever, I'm sure my girls would end up using it for teddy bear and trinket transport regardless of the saying.  Little bag thieves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Yeah I got that one too and it's also not me.  But whatever, I'm sure my girls would end up using it for teddy bear and trinket transport regardless of the saying.  Little bag thieves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's exactly what happened to mine! My daughters loved the Golden Tote bags that I used to receive for the same reasons. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

For some reason I am always confused about the shipping schedule of this box.  They billed us in September but shipped in October.  So was that the last box of the year (quarterly)?  Or is there one in December?  I thought I read somewhere that we got one in December but I am doubting my memory.

Back