Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with the gift card, this one seems light. The cream shadows look beautiful though; I'll use the card to get whichever one I don't get in the box (the champagne one, I assume). Or maybe that cute leopard makeup bag they sent to bloggers for the first box...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can hardly believe it's time for the next box already  :blink:  !

I agree that it looks kind of light, but at $45 I still think it's a good deal. But only getting 3 makeup items...come on, Jouer people. Even a mini-highligher to go along with the sparkly theme.

Do you think this will get to us before Christmas? The description on the gift card says you can even use it on holiday gift sets.

This box started out *so* strong and seems to be on a slow decline.  I realize that each box can't have $150 value like the first one, but it seems like with every month the products and value decrease just a little bit more.  I hate it when subs offer an amazing first box and then get skimpy after snagging a lot of subscribers.      I saw the spoiler and wasn't very happy with the products (too much sparkle for my taste, plus the value isn't very high compared to past boxes).  I went to cancel and realized I was billed for this box almost two months ago.  

Does anyone know if there's a way to cancel on the website, or do we have to call it in?   

Seriously thinking about canceling. they have really messed up shipping on my last 2 boxes. so much so that I just received my fall box about 2 weeks ago. I've had to call them with every shipment because its always delayed or never shipped. I've changed my info on their website for them to only ignore it. Has anyone canceled with them and how did you do it?

I am pretty good with the quarter - I did call them to switch from warm to cool as the cool colors (which I can wear) are more of interest to me (I am on a gold/brown overload here).  

They are shipping out next week (and early) because of the holidays.  I hope they continue to spoil the boxes like this, cause then I can decide if I want the warm or cool palette.    That eyeliner and eyeshadow look fantastic!! I could have done without the lip gloss...sigh...  Too sparkly.  They have such nice lipsticks too.

I think I'll pass on this one. Since the last two times I've had to call them due to credit card number change, I'm just going to let it go and not call this time. I think the spoiler is pretty but I'm not a huge fan of their lipglosses.  A little too much glitter for me. I'm also on a total product overload right now.

They cancelled my account ten seconds after I emailed so that's an improvement! However, I think I actually was never subscribed because I've had to email every single time to figure out why my account never updates to say I've got one. haha! Oh, well! 

I'm actually glad I didn't want this one because that leaves more budget for other things... Like the PSLE :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seriously thinking about canceling. they have really messed up shipping on my last 2 boxes. so much so that I just received my fall box about 2 weeks ago. I've had to call them with every shipment because its always delayed or never shipped. I've changed my info on their website for them to only ignore it. Has anyone canceled with them and how did you do it?
I think I am going to cancel. I am so angry with them right now. Cannot access my account. Was just charged and I am not sure if it is for the Winter box or the Fall box. I just came on the board today and realized by looking at the posts that I never received a Fall Box. So not sure what I am getting billed for. Have to look at old bank statements to see if I was even charged for Fall. I know I never got it , that is for sure. They need to get it together! Horrible cs!

This box started out *so* strong and seems to be on a slow decline.  I realize that each box can't have $150 value like the first one, but it seems like with every month the products and value decrease just a little bit more.  I hate it when subs offer an amazing first box and then get skimpy after snagging a lot of subscribers.      I saw the spoiler and wasn't very happy with the products (too much sparkle for my taste, plus the value isn't very high compared to past boxes).  I went to cancel and realized I was billed for this box almost two months ago.  

Does anyone know if there's a way to cancel on the website, or do we have to call it in?   
I canceled before the Fall box and at that time I was able to just cancel my subscription online, I didn't have to call in. 

I got mine today. The eye shadow is very pretty. My eyeliner though is only 3/4 full, there is a big empty space at the top, must be real thick as I tried shaking it.

Should I be concerned if I haven't received this box by now?  I don't appear to have received tracking...

Update: Credit card issue, totally my fault.  Got a new card with a chip and this one slipped through the cracks when I updated things. 

they sent me the wrong shade box..sigh.  They are shipping out a new one.  @@LoveSkinCare, the eyeshadow was like that in my box too.  How does it wear?
I only opened the eye shadow to look at the color but haven't tried it yet.  It may be a little to sparkly for me though.  The eyeliner I haven't tried either, I got the bronze color.  I just thought it was weird that the eye liner was only 3/4 full and so thick that it doesn't move in the tube container

I think I am going to cancel. I am so angry with them right now. Cannot access my account. Was just charged and I am not sure if it is for the Winter box or the Fall box. I just came on the board today and realized by looking at the posts that I never received a Fall Box. So not sure what I am getting billed for. Have to look at old bank statements to see if I was even charged for Fall. I know I never got it , that is for sure. They need to get it together! Horrible cs!
Canceled with no regrets. E-mailed them I was canceling and called to make sure I was canceled. No charges on my card. I've had to call on every box to get it shipped months after boxes were sent out. Like their MU, the people are nice on the phone but they have a useless website (hard to change info and they never check changes) and their shipping is messed up. If they make improvements would consider joining them again but not until they make a lot of changes.

I dont know who works there but they are apparently do not have it together. I cancelled in January and now have  2 charges of 45.00 taken out of my bank. So 90.00. That really hurts. Not happy at all with them ! :angry:   Keep an eye out . Not sure if this is random or what!

Ooh, I'm okay with them skipping one since I'm on a no buy.  I missed winter because my credit card wasn't updated, but I do love Jouer so I feel like I would have been really tempted to fix that if the box was good.  I'm hoping that they are taking a break to make the next box extra special, so I'll probably sign back on next time (or ask for it for my birthday!)

Has anyone kept track of when the next box should be?  I know Spring was cancelled but wonder if they consider Summer to be June or July.  Interested to see what it will be.

Back