Le Parcel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't get this either. i can get 50 tampons on subscribe & save for less than 9 dollars. i don't need a gift with my period. i have also ordered tampons on amazon prime because they didn't have the kind that i liked at costco and i forgot about them and needed them because i FINALLY ran out of tampons. (which seemed nearly impossible)

i'd rather save the money and apply it elsewhere.

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i don't get this either. i can get 50 tampons on subscribe & save for less than 9 dollars. i don't need a gift with my period. i have also ordered tampons on amazon prime because they didn't have the kind that i liked at costco and i forgot about them and needed them because i FINALLY ran out of tampons. (which seemed nearly impossible)

i'd rather save the money and apply it elsewhere.
I agree about Amazon Subscribe and Save   You can choose the exact product that you want and the delivery schedule.  If you really need a treat, you can subscribe to something sweet as well and have it delivered on the same schedule.

I use subscribe and save for tampons, panty liners, toothpaste, anti-perspirant, and my husband's hair product.  We used to get coffee also, but they stopped carrying our brand.

I actually reached out to le parcel and my cotton bunny to do some research and comparisons for my tiny blog and le parcel still hasn't gotten back to me while my cotton bunny did (+1 for bunny) and there are some interesting aspects to their operations. I can't deny that I'd maybe try them out because it does seem like fun to get a surprise. I'd link the post but I know that's against the rules so if anyone wants to read it for any reason, pm me? I don't know if that's the right protocol but I don't want to make a mistake :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I talked to the CEO and I'm trying to set up a more in depth interview with her because I want to know why this idea is taking off. Any questions you ladies want me to ask?

i think that MCB has the best value. although i think they just put a box of product in instead of allowing you to select what you need. i would let my kid sign up for something like that when it's that time (not for many many many years i hope). as someone that has had two kids, i am just so over period pampering. it may be a life phase difference.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually reached out to le parcel and my cotton bunny to do some research and comparisons for my tiny blog and le parcel still hasn't gotten back to me while my cotton bunny did (+1 for bunny) and there are some interesting aspects to their operations. I can't deny that I'd maybe try them out because it does seem like fun to get a surprise. I'd link the post but I know that's against the rules so if anyone wants to read it for any reason, pm me? I don't know if that's the right protocol but I don't want to make a mistake
smile.gif
I talked to the CEO and I'm trying to set up a more in depth interview with her because I want to know why this idea is taking off. Any questions you ladies want me to ask?
It just seems like you'll be swimming in product every month.  Can you really use all they provide in a month?  And the products are nothing special and (1)Lindt chocolate? All of these "Time of the Month" subs are cheap with the amount of chocolates they share and that's when you need it the most.  The have no problem giving you (4) teas though.

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(1)Lindt chocolate? All of these "Time of the Month" subs are cheap with the amount of chocolates they share and that's when you need it the most.
i thought the same thing! i can buy a giant bag of lindt at costco for 9 bucks or so. 6 when they have a coupon for it. how about 4 or 5 chocolates? or a whole bar? now i'm fantasizing about chuao firecracker. SIGH.

Lol,

I'm actually NOT a fan of Lindt and Godiva chocolates- can't stand most of what they make....strange I know.

I actually live near a Lindt outlet and always get coupons for there, but am not tempted by their chocolates.

For fancy chocolates I like Valrhona- milk chocolate w caramelized pecans, Cote D'or bars 

cheaper stuff Ritter Sport bars- chocolate w rum raisins, white chocolate w rice crisps n hazelnuts- Ritter bars are also around $2 at the grocery store near me for a 100 gram bar.....

I also like Hershey's Stuff, Nestle- Baci chocolates.

Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought the same thing! i can buy a giant bag of lindt at costco for 9 bucks or so. 6 when they have a coupon for it. how about 4 or 5 chocolates? or a whole bar? now i'm fantasizing about chuao firecracker. SIGH.

It just seems like you'll be swimming in product every month.  Can you really use all they provide in a month?  And the products are nothing special and (1)Lindt chocolate? All of these "Time of the Month" subs are cheap with the amount of chocolates they share and that's when you need it the most.  The have no problem giving you (4) teas though.
Good question. I'll definitely ask this because chocolate is essential. ESSENTIAL!!! Seriously, I even bought a little bag of lindor chocolates and stashed it away for that upcoming time of the month ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lol, I'm actually NOT a fan of Lindt and Godiva chocolates- can't stand most of what they make....strange I know. I actually live near a Lindt outlet and always get coupons for there, but am not tempted by their chocolates. For fancy chocolates I like Valrhona- milk chocolate w caramelized pecans, Cote D'or bars  cheaper stuff Ritter Sport bars- chocolate w rum raisins, white chocolate w rice crisps n hazelnuts- Ritter bars are also around $2 at the grocery store near me for a 100 gram bar..... I also like Hershey's Stuff, Nestle- Baci chocolates.
I'm also particular about my chocolates and the best I've ever had was on a pastry (it was dipped like really dipped in chocolate) in a little bakery in Spain. Oh how I wish I could taste that magical chocolate again....

I'm also particular about my chocolates and the best I've ever had was on a pastry (it was dipped like really dipped in chocolate) in a little bakery in Spain. Oh how I wish I could taste that magical chocolate again....
Best truffles ever:  XOX Truffles on Columbus Avenue in San Francisco.  There are a couple of other locations, and I think they sell them at places like Whole Foods, but I somehow always end up at this (teeny tiny) location.  I dragged some friends who live in the Bay Area there one year about seven years ago when I was on vacation there (I had gone there a few times on previous trips, so it had become part of my standard routine when I visited, but that was the first year I convinced them to go with me), and they rolled their eyes at the idea of hauling *all the way to North Beach le sigh* just for some chocolate.  And $24 (or something like that) for a pound of *chocolate* that is just packed in a Chinese takeout box, not even fancy gift packaging?  Outrageous!  Then they tried them, and then their eyes rolled backwards in their heads, and now they insist on trekking out there whenever I'm in town.  Hmm.  I think I still have some in the freezer...

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best truffles ever:  XOX Truffles on Columbus Avenue in San Francisco.  There are a couple of other locations, and I think they sell them at places like Whole Foods, but I somehow always end up at this (teeny tiny) location.  I dragged some friends who live in the Bay Area there one year about seven years ago when I was on vacation there (I had gone there a few times on previous trips, so it had become part of my standard routine when I visited, but that was the first year I convinced them to go with me), and they rolled their eyes at the idea of hauling *all the way to North Beach le sigh* just for some chocolate.  And $24 (or something like that) for a pound of *chocolate* that is just packed in a Chinese takeout box, not even fancy gift packaging?  Outrageous!  Then they tried them, and then their eyes rolled backwards in their heads, and now they insist on trekking out there whenever I'm in town.  Hmm.  I think I still have some in the freezer...
Another good one I like is cocoa bella, its in the westfield mall in SF. Love their little chocolate cups. Mmmmm. I want some now lol

You can get Valor chocolate in the US and that is Spanish and apparently great!

I have not had the chance to try it,but I buy it for my stepfather online as he does not really shop online.

It is $8 a bar around for 100 g.

Good question. I'll definitely ask this because chocolate is essential. ESSENTIAL!!! Seriously, I even bought a little bag of lindor chocolates and stashed it away for that upcoming time of the month
wink.gif
You're so funny; but absolutely correct!!  Chocolate is the last thing they should skimp on.   It is ESSENTIAL!!

I'm thinking of taking weekend mini-vacation to San Fran and this might've just sealed the deal lolll

You can get Valor chocolate in the US and that is Spanish and apparently great! I have not had the chance to try it,but I buy it for my stepfather online as he does not really shop online. It is $8 a bar around for 100 g.
Omg I'm going to search for it right now, I swear they put some sort of magical ingredient in the chocolate is tasted because no other has measured up.

The reason I'm exited for Le Parcel is because *overshare maybe* I have really heavy periods and need to use overnight pads... which they have as a choice.  For the same amount of pads if I have to run out to Walgreens because I fail even if I track it at remembering when I'll be needing that stuff... it costs me the same, sometimes more, and the most they come in a pack is 28 so I actually am getting 2 more.  I have a 4 month old now and I am doing it all on my own so anytime I can save a trip AND get a little something extra... I jump at the opportunity. Le Parcel was the only one of these companies with my brand and type.  This will save me the "surprise your bleeding!" 3 am trip which now would involve getting the baby up, dressed, bundled up (because brrrrr Chicago), into the car and out to the store...reverse to get home and back to sleep.  For people in my situation this is the best box yet.  It's something I actually NEED every month as opposed to things it is just nice to have.

Would it be somewhat easier maybe to stock up on stuff like for 2 months or so?

I know I do not have a car and in winter it can be -30C or even -40C here and no bus after 11:30pm and no stores open after 9pm around here...so for me who lives on my own, no car, not near any 24 hour stores I get a couple months of stuff like toilet paper,cleaning stuff.

I also only buy things on sale,but I guess if it is better to just buy things a month at a time??

Originally Posted by PoisonMegz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The reason I'm exited for Le Parcel is because *overshare maybe* I have really heavy periods and need to use overnight pads... which they have as a choice.  For the same amount of pads if I have to run out to Walgreens because I fail even if I track it at remembering when I'll be needing that stuff... it costs me the same, sometimes more, and the most they come in a pack is 28 so I actually am getting 2 more.  I have a 4 month old now and I am doing it all on my own so anytime I can save a trip AND get a little something extra... I jump at the opportunity. Le Parcel was the only one of these companies with my brand and type.  This will save me the "surprise your bleeding!" 3 am trip which now would involve getting the baby up, dressed, bundled up (because brrrrr Chicago), into the car and out to the store...reverse to get home and back to sleep.  For people in my situation this is the best box yet.  It's something I actually NEED every month as opposed to things it is just nice to have.

Yet another one, this makes 4 of these subs!!  Really?
There is also one called the PMS pro kit from the same people who do the 28dayhug- and there are a few that just send tampons. 

Let us know what you think of Junper box.  They're so pricey.  Hope it's worth it.
Juniper is great! I have tried all 4 boxes from my blog and Juniper was fantastic and their customer service is great!

Honestly only Le Parcel was bad. I got a chapstick and 2 Lindor truffles in my $18 box! Feel like I was robbed.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so subbing! Any chance to get lindor truffles makes it all worth it to me! :) *I know it will probably change next month, but still maybe in the future they'll have them again*
I got 2 truffles and a chapstick in my box- $4 of stuff- sooo not worth the price. 

Back