Limited Edition: MOTHER'S DAY GLOSSYBOX 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have no box and am emailing for a second time. No estimated delivery date when I check USPS either. This time I'm emailing the contact address instead of going through the web form. Will report back...

Last edited by a moderator:
They gave me tracking too but it hasn't moved in four days.  Which I guess would make sense if it was on a truck driving from Kentucky to Washington State.  I'm hoping that's what it is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think Laurlaur was originally 500 but she got 1000.  I was offered nothing and then I emailed again (separate from my other email) and then I got 1000.

Oops, I lied.  It just updated and says its in Nevada.  Thank goodness it's moving!  

Yeah, mine showed up in Sparks, NV this morning. First time it's moved since they sent me a new tracking number last week though.

I'm going to be pretty irritated if they don't offer me any glossydots this time around. They haven't offered me squat thus far.

okay - got another 500 points now...feel better that I now have the same 1000 points other got - but still no box...grrrrrr....

No response to my last email and no points either. ANGRY! Contacted them for a third time and mentioned compensation others have received and that I'm considering canceling my subscription. GRRR!

So, I contacted Glossybox via facebook. They got back to me pretty promptly, but didn't really offer any explanation, just said that it got returned to them and would be shipped out again as soon as possible. I waited a few days and asked about a new tracking number. They replied that they didn't have one yet. Waited another few days and asked again, and asked if there was any compensation for the problems. They refunded my money and said to enjoy the box when it shows up. But now my info about the box on Glossybox is now blank. I guess I'm not out anything if I don't get it, but I was looking forward to most of the products in this box.

Just got my box and I LOVE the lotion smell! They did compensate 1000 glossy dots after I complained, so that was nice, wish the box would've been on time though.

So, I contacted Glossybox via facebook. They got back to me pretty promptly, but didn't really offer any explanation, just said that it got returned to them and would be shipped out again as soon as possible. I waited a few days and asked about a new tracking number. They replied that they didn't have one yet. Waited another few days and asked again, and asked if there was any compensation for the problems. They refunded my money and said to enjoy the box when it shows up. But now my info about the box on Glossybox is now blank. I guess I'm not out anything if I don't get it, but I was looking forward to most of the products in this box.
I got the same excuse from Victoria about the box being returned to them and re-shipped, and then sent me the same tracking number. The fact is that the box arrived on Monday, and the tracking shows it was not returned, just late. No compensation offer.

Ugh.  Just got my box and four of the items arrived damaged, not to mention the actual box itself.  The lipstick was melted and in three pieces, the lotion and mascara were both really scratched and scuffed, and the dry shampoo is missing about half, from what I can tell. Super disappointed.  Really can't give it as a gift now (not to mention the fact it's already late).

Does other people serums have little pink and blue dots in it?  Looks strange to me, but I'm just assuming it's supposed to be that way. 

@@kristab94 ~ Sorry about the box and contents being a wreck.   I hope they fix that for you.   My serum has the dots in it as well.  When I saw those, I looked at the website to see if it was normal.   The serum pictures show those little buggers are part of the formula. 

@@kristab94 ~ Sorry about the box and contents being a wreck.   I hope they fix that for you.   My serum has the dots in it as well.  When I saw those, I looked at the website to see if it was normal.   The serum pictures show those little buggers are part of the formula. 
Thank you!

My box finally arrived yesterday. My lipstick was also melted a bit into the top of the cap. I would have swapped it if it hadn't melted, but oh well. And I did finally hear back from GB - they gave me 1,000 glossydots, so I'm somewhat pacified at this point.

Still nothing for me... sigh.  I had to email them three times to finally get a tracking number and the package is still sitting in KY.  Who knows when it will finally show up here in AZ.  So over it.  If the items arrive messed up, I'm going to make 100% sure they refund me for this box.  I don't even want Glossydots at this point.

I finally received my box and have had a bit of time to play around with the goodies inside.  I'll email Glossybox and see if they'll add dots to my account, given that I received it a full four days after Mother's Day.  

*I like the color of the Bella Pierre lipstick, it's a "your lips but better" kind of mauve pink and has a nice vanilla flavor (though it comes off a bit strong at first).  My gripe with the Bella Pierre, as with the gloss I received last month is that packaging.  Seriously, if you're charging $24 for al lipstick you should put it in a nice, heavy case.  $3 Elf lipsticks are packed with better quality materials.  

*I've been using Pillow Proof for the last few weeks that I purchased from my salon and I enjoy it.  I don't think it extends the life of my hair style, but it's nice and I think it makes my hair dry a bit faster. 

*The Modelco mascara. . . worthless.  I got one in another box and hated it.  I tried this one hoping for a different outcome but nope. . .it doesn't lengthen or volumize and flakes.   I threw it away (I don't know if it's cool to give mascara away after using it even once?)

*The serum is interesting with the little pastel balls floating about. I'm not sure what they do, but I like that it's different.  I'm not sure if the serum is working since it's only been two days, but it feels good going on and doesn't break me out.  

*The Pureology - I'm not sure about it.  I don't care for the smell much and I don't know if did much for my hair. I'll keep trying it though. 

*the Caldrea - Love it.   

So happy I got my box!

I love love love the Caldrea!

That serum has excellent ingredients.  Seriously excellent.  I checked it out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Retinol Palmitate (second "strongest" version of retinol/vitamin A) and the titanium dioxide as a sunscreen to go with that.  Hyaluronic acid, one of the best moisturizers naturally produced in the body, and something strange called Chlorella.  Which is an algae with tons of antioxidants in it!  Yay!  All very good things that I want in a serum!

The bella pierre is pretty.  However that is the cheapest packaging ever, ever.  Mine fell apart when I opened it!  Now I know how they make lipstick tubes.  Luckily the actual lipstick was still all the way down so that didn't get hurt when it all popped apart.

Looking forward to using the Pillow Proof.  I like the Redken brand.

Mascara will have to wait to get used until I get through the one I'm using now.

Pureology will likely go up for swaps since I just don't understand dry shampoo and already have TONS of it.

I'm happy I got my box and I'm happy I got the glossydots, too.  My problem with Glossybox is that their products are too good to not want more of :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box today FINALLY. Too late for a gift and my lipstick also fell out in 3 pieces with the top of the lipstick smashed. I'm actually glad it was late because if I had given that as a gift and that happened to the lipstick, I'd be so embarrassed! I emailed GB, hope they'll help.

I hadn't been paying attention obviously when I realized I hadn't received my box yet.  Apparently it is not scheduled to arrive until 5/20-5/22?!  WTH?

Status
InTransit 
Destination
KIRKLAND, WA 98034
Carrier
United States Postal Service - Parcel Select Delivery Confirmation 

Estimated Delivery Date
05/20/14-05/22/14
Date Time Description Location 5/15/2014 04:21 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 5/15/2014 01:30 AM Departing Newgistics Facility Hebron, KY 41048 5/14/2014 10:20 PM Inducted into Newgistics Network Hebron, KY 41048
Also, I would like to point out that I received the shipping notification on 5/5....but it didn't leave the warehouse until 9 days later?

Soooooo irritated.  I emailed them.  Lets see what happens.

I hadn't been paying attention obviously when I realized I hadn't received my box yet.  Apparently it is not scheduled to arrive until 5/20-5/22?!  WTH?

Status
InTransit 
Destination
KIRKLAND, WA 98034
Carrier
United States Postal Service - Parcel Select Delivery Confirmation 

Estimated Delivery Date
05/20/14-05/22/14
Date Time Description Location 5/15/2014 04:21 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 5/15/2014 01:30 AM Departing Newgistics Facility Hebron, KY 41048 5/14/2014 10:20 PM Inducted into Newgistics Network Hebron, KY 41048
Also, I would like to point out that I received the shipping notification on 5/5....but it didn't leave the warehouse until 9 days later?

Soooooo irritated.  I emailed them.  Lets see what happens.
You should receive 1000 Glossydots, if you haven't already.  I think we all got our shipping notices on the 5th.  They tried to ship it 2nd day Air UPS but UPS said hell no, youve got aerosol in there!  So the boxes were all returned and then resent using slowpokey mail.

I'm a little horrified at how long its taken you to get yours.  Especially considering I live 30 minutes away from you and I got mine on Wednesday.

I finally got my mother's day box today AND my april box. They overnighted both of them to me.  They told me that USPS lost BOTH boxes.  Total BS.  My lipstick came in 3 pieces and was all over the box. It was just awful!  This box is horrifying!  All of the products look beat up and as for the serum, does anyone else's have a "Sample Not for Sale" sticker on the back like this? 

MDGB Sample.JPG

Sorry the picture is sideways. It was not like that before I uploaded it. 

Back