Limited Edition: MOTHER'S DAY GLOSSYBOX 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my tracking again and apparently my box was only handed over to newgistics about an hour ago ... So much for claiming my box was shipped on Monday. And, since it's still in KY .. it won't get here till Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was quite optimistic I would see my Mom box today.  But, with no updates and an apparent stall at the newgistics facilities, I would say today will not be my day.  Anyone else seeing signs of life? 

Update:  GB is still claiming all have been shipped and should arrive on time.  Not sure about that.  This is not a gift so, no harm done for me.  Just plain ole excited to rip into it.  So, would love to see it soon.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is in the next state over.  An unusal path but, I will take it.  I think I am getting this before Mother's Day!

So I contacted Glossybox about the "return to sender" issue with my glossybox.. I got this response.

Dear Lauren,

You may have heard that we have been experiencing shipping problems as of late and wanted to clear the air. As part of an ongoing effort to improve our shipping and packing processes, we switched warehouses from our New Jersey location to one in Kentucky. We are hoping that this way, customers from both the East and West Coast of the country will receive the box at the same time in the future, thus making for a better overall customer experience. However, the transition was not as smooth as we have hoped, which resulted in shipping delays for both the April and Mother’s Day boxes.

This is a serious blunder on our part. We know that most of these boxes were purchased as gifts and we are truly sorry that they will not arrive in time. Attached to this email is a custom-designed note that you can send to the gift recipient as our apology for not delivering the Mother’s Day GLOSSYBOX on time. 

Furthermore, we will credit your account with 500 GLOSSYDots to compensate for our mistake. 

We know this will not be able to fully make up for our blunder, but we hope it provides some measure of comfort. 

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

I contacted them as well, but all I got as a response was something along the line that they are sorry, ups returned the box to them, but it is now safely on its way. Thank you for your understanding. No offer of any compensation or anything. (And I've read on FB that someone else was offered 1000dots = a free monthly box).

Based on that, I am actually considering to simply refuse the shipment and request a refund. They should contact anyone whose box will be late, apologize and offer the same compensation to everyone.

Well, it may yet get here on time if their shipment is going straight to CA and doing no stops along the way or waste time at any sorting centers, but it does seem a little bit unrealistic. It left IN this afternoon ..

Um...wow. Can you post the "custom designed note?" IMO, 500 points is not an acceptable apology for a "blunder" of this magnitude. I don't remember when they last delivered a box in a timely fashion, but these were guaranteed to arrive by a certain date. I think Glossy needs to take a month or three off and get their business together before they run it straight into the ground.

I think I'll contact them.  I want glossydots!

@
2ury1xu.png

I still haven't received my box and it doesn't look like UPS even has it yet. I totally agree that they should offer EVERYONE the same compensation, not just to those that complain or complain the loudest. I was one of the people who didn't get the resort edition PopSugar box until way later than everyone else and I'm pleased that they responded by giving everyone a freebie (not sure those who got theirs on time should get it as well, but whatever). I just sent in a gripe to GB via their web contact form, we'll see what I hear back.

Yeah, I just got the same expletive deleted answer that @@sylarana got, with what looks like a new tracking number from USPS that says it's departed their facility in IN. LAMER THAN LAME. And definitely a crap way to run a business, especially in the age of social media.

They must have a person employed at GB whose sole purpose is to write boilerplate apology letters, given the amount they send out. Amazing.

Well, that stinks!  They didnt offer me ANYTHING!  Just said sorry and BLAMED IT ON UPS!!!  When its not UPS' fault at all!

*grumpy*

I'm just lucky that wasn't actually for mothers day.

My box arrived today!  Definitely not USPS to blame for tardiness.  As soon as it got in their hot little hands, it was here lickity-split.   I am going with the Newgistics shuffle as the problem. 

Edit:  Always a spelling issue.

Grrr I still haven't received my 500 glossydots, nor have I gotten a new shipping notice!
Email 'em again, if you don't hear soon.  My account hasnt updated but they did give me the new tracking number when they responded to my complaint.  I'm still grumpy they didn't even send it any kind of fast mail.  Package services. Humpf.  Which means, if I'm lucky, I'll get it at the end of next week but more likely the week after.  Pfft.

Well, that stinks!  They didnt offer me ANYTHING!  Just said sorry and BLAMED IT ON UPS!!!  When its not UPS' fault at all!

*grumpy*

I'm just lucky that wasn't actually for mothers day.
Lol I'd be so pissed if mine were for mother's day.  Of course that's what I told CS ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is still on the east coast and isn't going to arrive until May 13th to 15th.  What the hey!!  I've heard other people have problems with Glossybox shipping, but this is my first sour experience.  I feel bad for those of you who expected it to reach your loved ones before Mother's Day and I hope that Glossybox does something to make up it up to everyone.  

Another weird thing is that I received my April Glossybox on the 30th, but didn't get the shipping email until May 5th.   I haven't received a shipping email for the May BG box.  

Latest posts

Back