Limited Edition: MOTHER'S DAY GLOSSYBOX 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if mine will say that too!

Bother.  It's the Pureology, isn't it?  You can't ship aerosol by air, it has to go ground.  Which means mine probably will end up with the same status as yours soon.  Well.  I have my doubts now about whether this can arrive for Mothers Day.  I wonder what they will do about it...

As for people complaining about their April box in May...  I had no idea when I signed up that it was any different!  So I think it's easier for me to accept the fact that they come in the next month.

HOWEVER,  what they need to do is change their payment schedule.  They shouldn't charge for the next month if the previous months hasn't been delivered.  They should switch from charging on the 5th to charging on the 10th or something.  At least until they figure out how to ship better.

Has it always been like this or is that new?  Not getting your box til the next month, I mean?  I signed up in January and its been like that every month since.
You're probably right.  You would think they would look into this considering the box was promised to be here by Mother's Day... you know since that's what the box is for and all..

But alas they pulled a typical glossybox move and shipped out right before it was supposed to be here with a method that wouldn't work.

If you can't tell I am very pissed lol.  I am also one of the people who hasn't received their April box as well.  It's not even like I was one of the last people to order the box, I ordered it the day they announced the limited edition box.

I just received a message on Facebook about the Mother's Day box being returned. They said "It looks like it's being returned to us for some reason.  The box will be on it's way but I do apologize that it appears it will no longer arrive by Sunday.  I do apologize and if there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask"

Seriously WTF?!  I ordered this box a MONTH ago and they didn't ship it until the last minute only to find out that they can't ship it via air due to "hazardous material".  Worst customer service ever.  This is why I cancelled my subscription with them for the monthly box.  I'm not sure why I thought getting the Mother's Day box would be any different.  

I just received a message on Facebook about the Mother's Day box being returned. They said "It looks like it's being returned to us for some reason.  The box will be on it's way but I do apologize that it appears it will no longer arrive by Sunday.  I do apologize and if there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask"

Seriously WTF?!  I ordered this box a MONTH ago and they didn't ship it until the last minute only to find out that they can't ship it via air due to "hazardous material".  Worst customer service ever.  This is why I cancelled my subscription with them for the monthly box.  I'm not sure why I thought getting the Mother's Day box would be any different.
What??? Why don't they email this? Not everyone checks their Facebook and many are giving these as gifts. What can they do to help other than get their act together?

What??? Why don't they email this? Not everyone checks their Facebook and many are giving these as gifts. What can they do to help other than get their act together?
I had to reach out to THEM about it and that's the only reason why I received any sort of response from them.  Just wait until all the other people who purchased this box find out the issue... whoa! It's bad enough that Glossybox ships so late (people haven't even received their April box yet and it's MAY already... geez) but to now find out that the Mother's Day box isn't even going to arrive by this weekend is horrible.

Mine was shipped Monday night and has been in Indiana for a day... somewhere I saw they were doing two day air, so it should have been delivered today. This makes sense of why it hasn't moved.

I got a tracking note which just gives me an error message ...

So, I guess I will just wait for it to appear somehow ... without air there is now way it will get here (west coast) by the weekend. Personally, I dont mind as it is for myself anyways ... But they must expect a lot of demands for returns.

I'm soooooo mad right now.  The lady on FB (Tracy) just tried to tell me that my box was delivered yesterday at 7:04pm.  She gave me the RETURN TO SENDER tracking number, showing that it was RETURNED to them and signed for by THEM at 7:04pm last night.  What a total joke of a company.  I'm so frustrated with them right now and told her the entire company needs to take some "customer service" classes.  

Whoever is in charge of shipping the boxes needs to be removed from that position.  They should KNOW that aerosols can't go via air!

They need a serious shaking up in management, too.

So, getting my monthly box late is actually not a big deal.  I don't mind.  BUT if you have a TIME SENSITIVE box that you've already advertised as being a gift (for someone else) to receive on a certain day.  You better have your money where your mouth is!

*I* am not giving this to my mother (thankfully) but I'm SURE there are MANY who are and this really is unacceptable.

I'm curious to see how they plan to compensate for this.  Do you think they will?  Have they ever?

Last edited by a moderator:
My box is following its regular route, regular shipping method with similar time stamps.  If it follows the same pattern, it should be here tomorrow.  However, tracking is showing 5/12-5/13 as the delivery date.  I don't know why this package would take longer than normal so, I am still thinking it looks good for tomorrow.  I think when its in the clutches of that Newgistics Network, tracking progress and updates are very slow.  I think my package has been freed from whatever goes on there and will make good time now.

@@Justine1988 - My tracking was stuck in Indiana for awhile too.

@@Saffyra ~ I am starting to wonder if its the shipping method/company.  Newgistics.  It seems like the company is responsible for picking up the packages, sending them to warehouses to be sorted before they end up with the USPS.   Its just a hunch but, I see this as the only difference with GLOSSYBOX and the million other things I order.  If its not them, I apologize to this lovely company.  Glossy needs to get Sassy and take charge. 

My box is following its regular route, regular shipping method with similar time stamps.  If it follows the same pattern, it should be here tomorrow.  However, tracking is showing 5/12-5/13 as the delivery date.  I don't know why this package would take longer than normal so, I am still thinking it looks good for tomorrow.  I think when its in the clutches of that Newgistics Network, tracking progress and updates are very slow.  I think my package has been freed from whatever goes on there and will make good time now.

@@Justine1988 - My tracking was stuck in Indiana for awhile too.
For the Mother's Day box or for your regular April box?  If it's the Mother's Day box then I'm curious as to why some shipped via Newlogistics and others they tried to ship via 2-day UPS....

For the Mother's Day box or for your regular April box?  If it's the Mother's Day box then I'm curious as to why some shipped via Newlogistics and others they tried to ship via 2-day UPS....
I'm in Seattle.  There's no other way besides an airplane to get it here in that short amount of time.  My usual Glossybox seems like it takes ten days to get here from NJ (I think it's NJ, Elizabethtown or something? Might be another box).

I think Newgistics has to work with what Glossybox gives them.  If Glossy doesn't have their boxes packed and ready....  

I'm wondering if they (whoever "they" are) were thinking they could pull one over on UPS and tried to send it anyway, knowing there was aerosol...  Which might explain why the earlier boxes are out and about?  Maybe UPS didn't catch it right away.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Its the Mother's Day box and it was definitely put through the Newgistics network with carrier listed as the United States Postal Service.   It went from KY, IN to NJ which is all the Newgistics sorting.  I suspect today, it was delivered to US Postal and taken from there.   The mail truck should be delivering it tomorrow.   

Not sure why I was kept on the regular route.   Only guess I have is that I only need 5 days to get the box through the shipping process they use.   That would get this box to me on time based on when it went out the door. 

Its the Mother's Day box and it was definitely put through the Newgistics network with carrier listed as the United States Postal Service.   It went from KY, IN to NJ which is all the Newgistics sorting.  I suspect today, it was delivered to US Postal and taken from there.   The mail truck should be delivering it tomorrow.   

Not sure why I was kept on the regular route.   Only guess I have is that I only need 5 days to get the box through the shipping process they use.   That would get this box to me on time based on when it went out the door. 
I bet you are right!  I'm so glad you are getting yours! On time, too.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm happy to know that others probably will also get theirs on time.  

I think us West Coasties always have to wait the longest for most boxes.  Glossybox, Birchbox, BeautyDNA., even Sample Society ships from the East Coast.  Popsugar always gets to me in two days, though, bec they ship from CA :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

People in Facebook are NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW WITH GB. Worst shipping ever. I'd say worst customer service but they've always taken care of me...

Glossybox is being awfully quiet on Facebook.  I'm wondering if all the April boxes were late because they were packing up the Mother's Day Boxes.  I didn't get April and I'm glad :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super mad but I think it's because I cancelled my subscription with them in December/January because I got my November box and the black eyeshadow was completely broken apart and got ALL over everything else in the box.  They kept telling me that they would send me a replacement and then 2 weeks later, I would ask again and they would say "Oops sorry.  We are sending it out this week" and then another 2 weeks and nothing.  FInally, I asked for a refund for the box and while I did finally get a refund, I had to fight like crazy.  I took pictures and everything so it's not like I was lying but they totally made me feel that way.  I decided to grab this Mother's Day box, thinking that MAYBE they changed since December/January and BOY was I completely wrong.  Customer service is WORSE than it was and I'm soooo mad that I decided to try another box with them.

Back