Limited Edition: MOTHER'S DAY GLOSSYBOX 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay now I'm grumpy too - my tracking that was posted on Monday never worked...contacted GB and was given someone else's tracking that was going to a completely different state...finally got tracking that works but I can't see where it is going so i'm still not certain its correct...and after so many calls etc...I got NO apology and no points...

My tracking has been up forever and has never worked. I just sent GB a message through FB, hopefully I get some compensation for this screw up. I love this sub but someone is running it into the ground. They need an internal shake up, some new competent people!

I just got my Glossybox today, surprisingly. I'm very excited to try what I got. Everything except for the dry conditioner is full size, including the face serum which retails for $135.

I think the first thing I'm going to try is the Redken styling spray, since it says "pillow proof". I wonder if that'll mean that I can blow dry my hair at night and not have any funky waves to it in the morning. That'd be nice!

Love, Love, Love the lipstick!  I thought the color in the photos looked too dark for me.  I think I found the one! 

I just got my Glossybox today, surprisingly. I'm very excited to try what I got. Everything except for the dry conditioner is full size, including the face serum which retails for $135.

I think the first thing I'm going to try is the Redken styling spray, since it says "pillow proof". I wonder if that'll mean that I can blow dry my hair at night and not have any funky waves to it in the morning. That'd be nice!
is there an ingredient list for the serum?

is there an ingredient list for the serum?
Unfortunately I can't find a list on the website for this exact product, but I can find individual lists for the components of the serum, I think. It's a custom-blend for Glossybox that says it's comprised of three serums: Vitamin A, Chlorella, and Hyaluronic Acid. I found the individual ingredient lists for two of the serums by looking at the travel size serums, so it might not be entirely accurate, but here's the best I could find:

Hyaluronic Acid: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Algin, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Polysorbate 80, Titanium Dioxide, Cobalt Aluminium Oxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol

Vitamin A: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate, Corn (Zea Mays) Oil, Carbomer, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Algin, Phenoxyethanol

As far as the chlorella component, no such luck for me. It does mention that their serums are fragrance and paraben free on the trial size page.

https://www.iloveskininc.com/my-daily-dose-love-all-serums.html#.U27KUfldXNk

Surprisingly, I got a response today to my question about someone being offered the Glossydots and why I wasn't.  They gave me 1000 Glossydots, however, the reshipment of my package after the UPS 2-day air mishap STILL has not taken place.  I wonder how long it will be now before I see this box.  I'm happy with the compensation though because now I can grab my next $21 box for free using the points and that makes up for half the price of the delayed Mother's Box.  It's sad that I had to ask for it and they didn't offer it up front but oh well... I'll get my free June box and then cancel.

Unfortunately I can't find a list on the website for this exact product, but I can find individual lists for the components of the serum, I think. It's a custom-blend for Glossybox that says it's comprised of three serums: Vitamin A, Chlorella, and Hyaluronic Acid. I found the individual ingredient lists for two of the serums by looking at the travel size serums, so it might not be entirely accurate, but here's the best I could find:

Hyaluronic Acid: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Algin, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Polysorbate 80, Titanium Dioxide, Cobalt Aluminium Oxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol

Vitamin A: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate, Corn (Zea Mays) Oil, Carbomer, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Algin, Phenoxyethanol

As far as the chlorella component, no such luck for me. It does mention that their serums are fragrance and paraben free on the trial size page.

https://www.iloveskininc.com/my-daily-dose-love-all-serums.html#.U27KUfldXNk
Oh, thank you!!  I emailed them, too, but no response.  Still, this looks like a GREAT serum!  Hyaluronic acid AND Retinol! Yay!

Surprisingly, I got a response today to my question about someone being offered the Glossydots and why I wasn't.  They gave me 1000 Glossydots, however, the reshipment of my package after the UPS 2-day air mishap STILL has not taken place.  I wonder how long it will be now before I see this box.  I'm happy with the compensation though because now I can grab my next $21 box for free using the points and that makes up for half the price of the delayed Mother's Box.  It's sad that I had to ask for it and they didn't offer it up front but oh well... I'll get my free June box and then cancel.
Now why didn't I get 1000 and only 500? lol. What is wrong with their CS.  Does it show your bonus glossydots on your account yet?

Now why didn't I get 1000 and only 500? lol. What is wrong with their CS.  Does it show your bonus glossydots on your account yet?
They must have done it before they sent me the email because I checked right away and they are there.  I already redeemed them for a free June box.  I'm going to cancel as soon as that box ships - plus my CC expires next month so even if they try to charge me for July before I get the June box, I'm ok.

BAM! 1000 glossydots added to my account!  I'm glad I emailed again :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They're already in my account and are called Mother's Day Box Comp.  @@Laurlaur if yours aren't in your account now you should email again like you hadn't emailed before or anything.  

Last edited by a moderator:
A little mini review.  I love the lipstick because its a good color for me.  The mascara passes my simple test ~ it stays on my lashes and doesn't end up under my eyes.  The lotion is nice but, I like the body wash more.  I just ordered the full size body wash ($18.00) and perhaps the two together will create something special. 

I have been using the serum for about 5 days.  I am kinda blobbing it all over and smoothing it in before moisturizer.   My skin feels a bit tight and I end up with the need for a little more moisturizer.  Side note:  I am not in love with my moisturizer so perhaps I need something stronger (hint to GLOSSYBOX for my next box).

The Redken product seems to do the trick.  I was worried that it would give me hay hair.  I have fine hair and some products give me a crispy mess.  This product may be giving my hair an additional boost and it does dry quickly.  I am using the Alterna Strand Expand that came in the March box.  I also purchased that full size.  So, all I need is a good hairspray and my hair styling routine will be complete. (another hint).

I am not sure I will use the Pureology.  I wash my hair every day.  So, I don't think it would need dry conditioner.  If anyone has used it, I would be curious as to what it does.  I think I may be giving this to my son's girlfriend who has beautiful hair.

One more note - The Redken product smells like Black Licorice to me.   There are two camps with Black Licorice - love it or hate it.  I do not love it. 

okay - they finally offered me 500 points - but still no box - how did you guys get 1000 points?  also did anyone who orignally got 500 points get bumped to 1000?

I'm still waiting on the dang box and my tracking doesn't work.  Glossybox cs gave me another USPS number but I can't actually see where that is going so I have no idea if it is actually my box!

Back