Limited Edition Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Vault

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried out Ether yesterday, and I really like it!  The pictures don't really capture the micro-glitter well, but I liked the combo of the sheer gray and fuschia/purple glitter.  I used the peach, pink, purple and pinky gold duotone shadows from the UD Glinda palette for this ETOD.

Very pretty!

Yesterday's ETOD was a gold and blue combo.  I used UD Goldmine on the inner lashlines, UD Baked on the lower, and Deep Ocean by Rimmel on the upper.  I'm impressed with the Rimmel liner, it wore all day with no smudging or fading.  Wish there were more colors, as they are a great economical option.

Yesterday's ETOD was a gold and blue combo.  I used UD Goldmine on the inner lashlines, UD Baked on the lower, and Deep Ocean by Rimmel on the upper.  I'm impressed with the Rimmel liner, it wore all day with no smudging or fading.  Wish there were more colors, as they are a great economical option.
I love the contrast blue/gold!

When I first saw this, I was dying to have it! But the price tag is just not in my budget right now 
frown.gif
 I feel a little like the odd one out, since it seems most are lusting after the top row of shades. I however, am craving the brights! I love bright makeup, liners especially, and UD makes some of the best and brightest. This would've been a good investment for me, though, as the neutral shades could round out my stash.

On another note, I'm getting really annoyed with Urban Decay. First with them discontinuing their shadow range and replacing it, then the liners... have they ever heard "if it's not broke, don't fix it"? :/ 1999 looked like an awesome liner, very unique color. I'm sad to see it go. 

About discontinuing stuff: I saw a post on the Pretty & Cute blog that explained why some do it: Counterfeiting. They change formulas, colors, and packaging when fakes start catching up with authentic in part as a way for customers know that something is questionable, whether that means old or fake.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About discontinuing stuff: I saw a post on the Pretty & Cute blog that explained why some do it: Counterfeiting. They change formulas, colors, and packaging when fakes start catching up with authentic in part as a way for customers know that something is questionable, whether that means old or fake.
That makes sense. I still find it incredibly disappointing, though. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like counterfeit products are really hitting Urban Decay hard where they do business. I understand knockoffs in countries where they don't sell, such as in China, but you'd think most consumers would buy their products from a reputable source (the brand's site or Sephora, for example). Perhaps they just got bored of the old formula/color range?  

Either way, I imagine the former shades will fetch a pretty penny on sites like ebay.

That makes sense. I still find it incredibly disappointing, though. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like counterfeit products are really hitting Urban Decay hard where they do business. I understand knockoffs in countries where they don't sell, such as in China, but you'd think most consumers would buy their products from a reputable source (the brand's site or Sephora, for example). Perhaps they just got bored of the old formula/color range?   Either way, I imagine the former shades will fetch a pretty penny on sites like ebay.
You might be surprised. I don't think the vast people in UDs market pays much attention or cares what shades are discontinued. I don't find they sell that well on eBay really...a few do when they are super hard to find (think 3 years later) but overall, most disappear with a whimper... I've gotten some old eyeshadows for next to nothing on eBay. I don't use them since they're quite old but I want them for my vintage container UD collection.

If anyone is looking for discontinued UD 24/7 colors, beauty.com has some of  them.  I'd like to get Grafitti before it disappears. 

If anyone is looking for discontinued UD 24/7 colors, beauty.com has some of  them.  I'd like to get Grafitti before it disappears. 
Some of them are on the UD site for $11 a pop now.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of them are on the UD site for $11 a pop now.
I'm not seeing any on sale - do you have a direct link?  And thanks!

Lol, Meaganola you got me excited. But those are the shadow pencils on sale, not the liners. I have those shadow pencils and I'm not that found of them really.. =( Or any creamy shadow.. Lol. >.< Im waiting for them to put the liners in the sale section. once they do I'm buying every one of them.

Lol, Meaganola you got me excited. But those are the shadow pencils on sale, not the liners. I have those shadow pencils and I'm not that found of them really.. =( Or any creamy shadow.. Lol. >.< Im waiting for them to put the liners in the sale section. once they do I'm buying every one of them.
Oh, crap, you're right. I saw the double-ended set and had that stuck in my mind. I do like shadow pencils, and there were some specific shades on my shopping list, but I'm on a no-buy for two weeks (I'm finding that I buy so much stuff nowadays that even this tiny no-buy is hard!), so I'll just have to sigh at them and use the GDE stuff I just received instead.

Pretty sure the discounted SHADOW pencils (not the normal eyeliners) will be around for awhile.  I do need Mercury, but I'm not feeling pressed to purchase today on those.  They aren't that popular...

I'd wait to buy the discontinued pencils. UD will discount the vintage pencils soon.  Graffiti isn't a popular option, so I'm sure it'll be available when they do. It's colors like Lucky and Covet that have a slim chance of selling out before they are discounted because they're so unique.

Don't pay full price on Beauty.com! Wait it out!!!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty sure the discounted SHADOW pencils (not the normal eyeliners) will be around for awhile.  I do need Mercury, but I'm not feeling pressed to purchase today on those.  They aren't that popular...

I'd wait to buy the discontinued pencils. UD will discount the vintage pencils soon.  Graffiti isn't a popular option, so I'm sure it'll be available when they do. It's colors like Lucky and Covet that have a slim chance of selling out before they are discounted because they're so unique.

Don't pay full price on Beauty.com! Wait it out!!!
I'll wait!  For some reason I thought UD had pulled the vintage colors from their site.  Now that I know they are still there, I'll cross my fingers for a sale.

I'm waiting it our. I hope they post it may1st when I'm allowed to buy again. Since I've been on a no buy all month.

[/img]
EOTD -- Uzi on brow bone, free love under that. Psychedelic sister in crease and fishnet on the lid. The liners I chose today was yeyo in tearduct and mainline on the lash line and bottom lash line

[/img]
EOTD -- Uzi on brow bone, free love under that. Psychedelic sister in crease and fishnet on the lid. The liners I chose today was yeyo in tearduct and mainline on the lash line and bottom lash line
Those colors look amazing on you!

Today's ETOD featured Mally's Firework eyeshadow stick as base shadow, theBalm's Shameless Shauna in crease, and Caught in the Act Courtney as a liner over UD's Smog 24/7 liner.  I like the sparkle that Firework gives.

Back