Limited Edition Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Vault

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by acostakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dupes in color, or in formula? UD is the only one I've found that stays where I put it.
I like the NYX slide-ons a lot, but I love the Rimmel waterproof Scandaleyes even more!  The nude pencil actually DOES stay on my waterline!  The navy pencil is great, too.  And SnowLeopard, I want to try the Milani pencils but haven't yet!  Don't get me wrong, I love the UD 24/7s-- their Smoked set was awesome!

I think if I compared this to MUFE's 25 year eyeliner set, which has 25 of their eyeliners & sold at $425, this is definitely the better value since you get 40 for $295. I don't want this because I know I can not use it up, but the hoarder in me kind of wants it to "collect". My boyfriend said that he would get it for me, but for $300, I think I would want something I would use more out of, or a good meal with him, lol.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have 2 nyx glide ons and they're pretty good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> try setting your eyeliner with a shadow and it'll last way longer.. nyx comes up close with urban decay's ;]

...the more I look at this the more I want it... but how in the world will someone ever finish this >.< my bf surprisingly said yes and that he would pay but I'm kinda backing out of it; yet of course I still want it..

it would be so so so much easier if I found someone to split the whole set with but everyone thinks that I'm crazy for even considering to buy it..

what do yall think? is anyone going to get it? if so, will you be splitting the set and price with someone else?
If he said yes, then girl, for crying out loud, DO IT lol! My hubby took one look at it, looked at me like this:
blink.gif
....then walked away. When I said it was limited edition and I didn't know if it was coming back, he just:
madno.gif
. Alas.....lol

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the NYX slide-ons a lot, but I love the Rimmel waterproof Scandaleyes even more!  The nude pencil actually DOES stay on my waterline!  The navy pencil is great, too.  And SnowLeopard, I want to try the Milani pencils but haven't yet!  Don't get me wrong, I love the UD 24/7s-- their Smoked set was awesome!
I'm having good success with the Rimmel Scandaleyes as well, and think they are very comparable to the UD 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencils, which have a different formula than the 24/7 pencil liners.  I don't tend to line my waterline, however, so can't comment on that.

I haven't found a cheaper alternative to the UD 24/7 liners yet.  I like Tarina Tarintino's Eye Dream Hyperliners and Stila smudgesticks, but they are comparable in price.  UD has the best color range, IMO. 

If he said yes, then girl, for crying out loud, DO IT lol! My hubby took one look at it, looked at me like this: :blink: ....then walked away. When I said it was limited edition and I didn't know if it was coming back, he just: :madno: . Alas.....lol
He just said that he knows how it feels like to want something really bad. I was actually quite surprise! I just want more details before it releases and then I'll make my decision :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i'll sneak some money into his bank account if he does get it for me though since $300 is quite a little bit too much for a $#!+ load of eyeliners in one whole purchase. IF I do get it then I'll most likely put the shades of eyeliners that I already have from the vault on my blog sale or trade list (if I ever get it up).

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having good success with the Rimmel Scandaleyes as well, and think they are very comparable to the UD 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencils, which have a different formula than the 24/7 pencil liners.  I don't tend to line my waterline, however, so can't comment on that.

I haven't found a cheaper alternative to the UD 24/7 liners yet.  I like Tarina Tarintino's Eye Dream Hyperliners and Stila smudgesticks, but they are comparable in price.  UD has the best color range, IMO. 
Absolutely agree with you in regards to the color range.  UD's colors are incredible!

First thought, "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS" second thought, "It's a car payment, I'll pass". .

Thanks! I've been wanting a dark blue pencil, and the Walmart we're going to today supposedly has the Rimmel one in stock. Assuming my husband doesn't tackle me when I head for the makeup aisles, I'm gonna give it a shot! (Of course that means I can't roll my eyes when he heads to the Nerf aisle. If I also voluntarily occupy little girl in the princess aisle while he has a nerf-gasm, I should be able to get anything I want)

If I could only give up a year of makeup purchase in exchange of this, I would splurge on it.  Whenever I want to buy makeup, my mantra is "IMATS NY" is just a few weeks away. $300 of different makeup purchase is gonna be better than this.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...the more I look at this the more I want it... but how in the world will someone ever finish this >.< my bf surprisingly said yes and that he would pay but I'm kinda backing out of it; yet of course I still want it..

it would be so so so much easier if I found someone to split the whole set with but everyone thinks that I'm crazy for even considering to buy it..

what do yall think? is anyone going to get it? if so, will you be splitting the set and price with someone else?
You are SO lucky!  What a good boyfriend you have.  I wouldn't even dare show my husband this he would not be a happy camper, he would immediately go in to his speech about how I need to go to therapy for my ridiculous makeup addiction (he doesn't even know the half of it!)

For me I would definitely split this with someone, I think it's totally worth $150 for 20 UD eyeliners.  However, I would only want the top row, the lower row as pretty as it is I would just not use.  I never find myself reaching for bold eyeliner colors, I actually have several UD 24/7 Glide on Pencils in vibrant colors that came in sets that I have never ever used.  Which is why I could not justify getting this... Unless they sold the top row separately.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are SO lucky!  What a good boyfriend you have.  I wouldn't even dare show my husband this he would not be a happy camper, he would immediately go in to his speech about how I need to go to therapy for my ridiculous makeup addiction (he doesn't even know the half of it!)

For me I would definitely split this with someone, I think it's totally worth $150 for 20 UD eyeliners.  However, I would only want the top row, the lower row as pretty as it is I would just not use.  I never find myself reaching for bold eyeliner colors, I actually have several UD 24/7 Glide on Pencils in vibrant colors that came in sets that I have never ever used.  Which is why I could not justify getting this... Unless they sold the top row separately.
Thanks! I truly am lucky to have him but like the rest of us, my boyfriend does tell me to not spend so much on makeup and to spend it on something else. I'm not really eyeing the top row so much since I already have a lot of browns but I do want to keep the ones that I don't have. I really want to split this with someone.. but I'm pretty sure that other person would want the case too.. haha oh geez.

Hmmm... The hoarder collector in me is interested in the new shades.  The ones I have I guess I could slowly sell on eBay but I have a small pile of UD to list already. I had seen the banner on their website saying something about 40 colors coming soon so I was waiting to hear more.  I was hoping they were going to release new shades in their normal line.  Sigh.

But, full disclosure - I just counted my UD liners and I have 37!!! different shades of UD liners already (below list).  Many of the LE shades have back-up duplicates never used as if I'll ever need them...

I'm only missing 4 from their regular line (Lust, Graffiti, Deviant, and 1999) and have tried to get all the full-size or travel-sized LE ones that come out. So far, I have passed the LE double-ended pencils - for some reason I dislike those so I still don't have Sabbath for example and was going to see if the new shades in Foxy Four-Way found their way out to the public later in another set.

1. Asphyxia (Light purple-blue shift)
  2. Baked (Metallic bronze)
  3. Binge (Royal blue)
  4. Bourbon (Bronze with gold sparkle)
  5. Corrupt (Dark brown w/sparkle)
  6. Covet (Emerald green)
  7. Crash (Sparkly purple)
  8. Dime (Metallic silver) - DISC
  9. El Dorado (Gold)
  10. Electric (Bright blue/teal)
  11. Empire (Matte purple)
  12. Flipside (Teal)
  13. Gunmetal (Lighter sparkly gray)
  14. Honey (Gold) - DISC
  15. Hustle (Metallic brown)
  16. Junkie (Emerald green? w/sparkle)
  17. LSD (Dark blue with sparkle)
  18. Lucky (Copper)
  19. Mainline (Dark matte blue)
  20. Midnight Cowboy (Light tan)
  21. Mildew (Light metallic green)
  22. Mushroom (Taupe)
  23. Oil Slick (Sparkly Black)
  24. Perversion (Black)
  25. Psychedelic Sister (Bright purple)
  26. Radium (Bright blue)
  27. Ransom (Purple)
  28. Rockstar (Dark purple)
  29. Smog (Brown)
  30. Stash (Metallic green w/gold shift)
  31. Stray Dog (Gray/brown taupe)
  32. Underground (Metallic brown with pink undertones)
  33. Uzi (Darker Sparkly gray)
  34. Whiskey (Matte red-brown)
  35. Woodstock (Hot pink)
  36. Yeyo (Creamy white)
  37. Zero (Black)

As much as I'd love to buy these, I already have a ton of the Urban Decay eyeliners and I guess I don't really need more, especially for the price. They are totally pretty though.

@LAtPoly you made me compare all my pencils to the permanent collection and it turns out most of mine are limited editions and I only have about half the colors in the permanent collection. Now I really want it. I regret buying the Foxy Fourway last week, but I like double-ended pencils and always say I wish they more of them.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@LAtPoly you made me compare all my pencils to the permanent collection and it turns out most of mine are limited editions and I only have about half the colors in the permanent collection. Now I really want it. I regret buying the Foxy Fourway last week, but I like double-ended pencils and always say I wish they more of them.
If you're not set on keeping the whole collection, the already released LE shades sell well on eBay.  You could keep the permanent collection and any new shades and sell the duplicates.

I'm tempted to do this myself.  

-L

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, man, I wish I had a spare $150 for this right now to split with someone like you:  I want just the bottom row!  All of those blues, greens, and purples are are totally my colors.  I'm hoping for another set chock full of bold colors at the holidays since I wasn't able to get Ocho Loco last year and not in makeup mode for several years before that, so I missed out on a *lot* of great sets.  (I picked up the tarte shadow pencil set and the stila smudge stick set, so I didn't miss out on *all* of the holiday pencil sets, but I'm still very bummed I missed out on the UD set.  I'm definitely going to work harder at remembering to save money for *all* of the holiday sets this year.)

If you're not set on keeping the whole collection, the already released LE shades sell well on eBay.  You could keep the permanent collection and any new shades and sell the duplicates. I'm tempted to do this myself.   -L
Smart. I would not really want to break up the set but maybe I could sell a couple of the travel size pencils if there are repeats. I bought 2 Smoked sets bc I bought the second set when it was on clearance and it hasn't been used. I wonder if this will be available for Sephora's Chic Week, probably not. It would be nice to buy from sephora for ebates.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, man, I wish I had a spare $150 for this right now to split with someone like you:  I want just the bottom row!  All of those blues, greens, and purples are are totally my colors.  
We're like a match made in eyeliner heaven!

I just did a count of my UD 24/7 Eye Pencils and discovered I have 11 different colors with just a couple of duplicates (except Zero which I have many duplicates of since it comes in so many UD sets).  Most of my colors are browns and taupe's with a few purples, a pink, and a green.  Eyeliner is probably the last thing I need, but sets like this are so tempting.

I counted my eyeliners and I've got 52, and 26 of them are UD liners.  About half of those are travel size or mini's though. 

Back