Limited Edition Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Vault

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Smart. I would not really want to break up the set but maybe I could sell a couple of the travel size pencils if there are repeats. I bought 2 Smoked sets bc I bought the second set when it was on clearance and it hasn't been used. I wonder if this will be available for Sephora's Chic Week, probably not. It would be nice to buy from sephora for ebates.
I did the same with the Smoked set.  LOL.

That would be amazing to be able to get it on Sephora's Chic Week: price reduction, eBates, and points.  I'm not holding my breath.  Seems to be more buzz about this than the UD shadow vault that came out around Christmas (Sephora exclusive).  And that sold out really quickly!  They make very limited amounts when the price point is that high.

I'm wondering if they'll be releasing more into the permanent line.  It makes sense (well to my non-business mind at least) to produce a lot of inventory if you have to go into production for new shades for the vault.  May as well make enough to release into your permanent mind at the full price where you really make more money back per unit.  Who knows, wait until Tues/Weds or whenever it's released.

i keep going back and forth on this.  and my husband never says no.

UD pencils are the only eye liners i buy so i have a relatively healthy stash but not all of them.

but this is the cost of a plane ticket and my wanderlust is in high gear these days so i'm not sure. 

I would totally split the bottom row with you for the other hundred fifty. I love bright colors, the only thing is that I would want the case if that is possible?

I'll pass, there are better things to spend that much on. I probably won't use a some of the colors and I'm too lazy to sell on ebay (plus the seller fees!).

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i keep going back and forth on this.  and my husband never says no.

UD pencils are the only eye liners i buy so i have a relatively healthy stash but not all of them.

but this is the cost of a plane ticket and my wanderlust is in high gear these days so i'm not sure. 
we're so on the same boat... haha 40 eyeliners is a bit way too much, no?

but omg, if they made a vault with their liquid eyeliners! ;]

If they made a vault with the liquid liners then I have no power against them and will throw my hands up in the air...and money. It's like the magical powers of UD will *make* me buy it because they know I'm such a sucker for liquid liners. Any other practical use for that money will go out the window and will then be allocated to a vault of liquid liners. My eyes are wide just thinking about it! I dont want the pencil vault at all - probably because I don't use pencils but it looks so pretty arranged in that picture!

we're so on the same boat... haha 40 eyeliners is a bit way too much, no? but omg, if they made a vault with their liquid eyeliners! ;]

If they made a vault with the liquid liners then I have no power against them and will throw my hands up in the air...and money. It's like the magical powers of UD will *make* me buy it because they know I'm such a sucker for liquid liners. Any other practical use for that money will go out the window and will then be allocated to a vault of liquid liners. My eyes are wide just thinking about it! I dont want the pencil vault at all - probably because I don't use pencils but it looks so pretty arranged in that picture!
I'm more of a liquid liner person myseld ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but the pencil vault looks so pretty! I'm hoping for swatches from Kelly at vampyvarnish or Temptalia to help me make my decision!

Kelly from VV posted up the new shades. I think I can just pass on this since the only colors I would want are Smoke, Desperation, Invasion, Chaos, Freak & Roach.

Kelly posted up swatches and Temptalia just made a new product alert post! She said that it'll be sold at Sephora! I'll definitely wait until it hit Sephora then so I can get points.

Did she mean just the individual pencils? I wonder if the permanent colors that are now discontinued will go on sale, it might be better for me to just pick up a few of those since I have a lot of the previously exclusive colors.

I'm thinking that it's the individual pencils only at Sephora, Ulta, and select Macys.. Eh, i'll just order the vault off Urbandecay.com then.. & if the discontinued pencils are on sale then I'll get those too.. Wah no El Dorado or Stray dog?! My favorites!

Did she mean just the individual pencils? I wonder if the permanent colors that are now discontinued will go on sale, it might be better for me to just pick up a few of those since I have a lot of the previously exclusive colors.

The vault is also less attractive now bc there are no exclusive shades, those 40 are the current selection. Still a good value to get them all though.

Seeing the swatches made me realize I already have most of the ones I would have wanted from the set.  Yay!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing Eldorado is now discontinued.
Yes, any of the shades not in the vault are being discontinued.  Temptalia has the list of colors up, although no swatches.  Sad that Stray Dog is going away. 

While I would love to have this cannot justify the price tag! Decided to go through my UD 24/7 stash and see what I have.  I have 16 of the colors in the vault.
I have 7 other colors that are now discontinued and found I have 2 Ransom's!  One has never been used so that will be off to the trade list!
I hope they come out with some smaller sets (similar to Smoked and whatever the one was that had Woodstock, Radium, Junkie, Ransom and some other color).

I have most of the colors in the vault other than the new ones. I was more excited before I knew all the colors would now be permanent. I thought it would be colors that were exclusive to other sets and 13 new exclusives. I'm really on the fence now bc I want it, but there will be a lot of repeats. Plus UD always puts out a couple eyeliner sets a year like Smoked, Ocho Loco, Foxy Fourway, and Naked and Electric from last year.

Not sure about the vault now, although the value is there.  I wish we knew if it'd hit Sephora like their eye-shadow vault did.  There are enough new shades that getting them at less than $8/piece is worth it and the dups can go on eBay.

That means the discontinued shades will be:

• Lucky
  • Binge
  • Covet
  • Crash
  • Deviant
  • Flipside
  • Graffiti 
  • Gunmetal
  • Lust
  • Ransom
  • El Dorado

I'm glad to see Uzi "replace" Gunmetal.  It also looks like they traded Flipside for Deep End, Crash for Delinquent, and Deviant for Chaos. I'm guessing you could add Lust/Vice to this list also.  I'm assuming these won't be true dups, but very similar overall.  I feel like they need to revamp the line to name more recent eyeshadows from their palettes (or from future palettes).  

I'm very sad to see Lucky and Covet go - both are unique and beautiful and I'll need a back-up. I don't think Goldmine will compare to El Dorado, so not sure that was a good one to cull off in the line.  I may pay full-price for a backup Lucky, but for the others I am missing or want back-ups I will wait until they go on sale or go to a wholesaler site like AllCosmetics.

Scorch and Cuff remind me a lot of the old pencils in Baked and Dime respectively.

Of the "new" shades, I'm happy to see Delinquent in this size factor; it is a shadow pencil already and an absolutely fantastic color.  I think Freak, while sheer, will be pretty for spring and summer. LSD is my favorite from Ocho Loco so hallejuah it's permanent - I wore it today actually! The Chaos shadow from the Vice palette was so popular, this addition makes sense but I question how different it'll be from Deviant (disc).  I love Empire and Psy Sister so glad to see those permanent, too - and Vice looks cool, too. Ether looks like it could be unique. Mushroom is fab and close enough to Stray Dog (which is somewhat hard to fine but very popular) to make people happy.

So, like the eye-shadow change up last year...this is bittersweet.  I already have many of the "new" shades, and the truly new shades are not as good as the ones disappearing IMO.  Ho hum.

Back