List your shades in MMU

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update:

MAC - NC 30

Monave - Hyeyeon (Concealer Foundation)

Lauress - Pure Gold (Minimalist) - best match

Hy HG was Archetype Cosmetics Pink Beige lev 1

Arch+pink+beige+foundi.JPG (image)

Mad Minerals: Fair and the lightest concealer with kaolin clay;

Ocean Mist: Silk, in the summer Vanilla

EDM: the fair intensive concealer, Sandy Fair, Fair Neutral, Ivory

Signature Minerals Porcelain

MAC does not carry light enough foundations for me, perhaps NW15 in the summer.

MAC NC 35

Clinique Superfit Honey

Monave: Hyeon Hyeon

BE 2.3

B101: Tanya/Leann

Cory: Just Beige or Absolute Cream

Still testing out Meow and BFM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MAC NC 35

Clinique Superfit Honey

Monave: Hyeon Hyeon

BE 2.3

B101: Tanya/Leann

Cory: Just Beige or Absolute Cream

Still testing out Meow and BFM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MAC NC35-40 depending on which foundation

Monave Saturnina

EGMinerals Lollie

BFM G3

UGlogirl Pecan

EDM Medium Summer Tanned

BE Medium Bg

Lumiere Medium Golden or Medium Tan

Joppa Medium Tan

Oceanmist Sandstone

EDM- Golden Medium(perfect match)

pure luxe - Sultan(little bit beige and a bit too dark for me)

estee lauder double wear light - intensity 3

mac - NC42

I use "light cool" mineral foundation from Sheer Miracle. It works well with my pale skin / rosey cheeks complextion.

I forgot to add that my friend with pretty dark skin (she's Haitian) uses the "Dark Warm" foundation from Sheer Miracle. She swears by it!

I didn't want to start a new thread but here goes.

I'm trying to find a MMU match and I know that it's forgiving but I've still not found THE one. I am very pale with slight yellow/warm undertones. I'll list what I have and why they aren't quite right (but some are close):

-Nature's Minerals Foundation in 01 - I really like the finish of this foundation but it's a bit too dark/orange. This is the only one I have a full size of.

-Bare Escentuals in Fair - Almost exactly the same colour as above and same problem.

-Everyday Minerals Original Glo in Golden Fair - Too yellow but I'd say it's probably light enough, but I'm not convinced that it doesn't darken throughout the day either.

-Earthen Glow Minerals in Callie - Darker than the EDM Golden Fair in the jar but they look identical on the skin. I haven't tried this one yet but I see it having the same problem.

Earthern Glow Minerals in Christeen - Too dark.

Lily Lolo in Porcelain - Looks darker than the EDM in the jar but goes on lighter. The best match so far but I'm worried it's slightly too pink for me. If I do a generous stripe of it next to a generous stripe of the EDM it will blend in well whereas the EDM will just look like a line of yellow no matter how much blending I do. Maybe that says more about the blendability of the foundation than anything else though. :/

I have however ordered some Aromaleigh samples since I remember Girly_Geek being able to get a match mixing Alabaster with another colour. Maybe I can lighten the EDM, NM or something. The LL Porcelain is the best match but I'd rather not have anything slightly cool-toned on myself. I will wear this though until I find the perfect one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: I forgot to add, ignore my avatar. I look really pink in it. o.0

Hi,

It sounds like I have a similar colouring to yours, probably slightly darker perhaps slightly more yellow but, I've had really great luck with Signature Minerals. I use foundation 4.0 so, 2.0 (or a blend might be your best match) and the angel wings veil (for some that can be a good match on its own too). They are very helpful with advice and the samples are free so, nothing lost by trying.

Mineral Foundation - Loose Mineral Foundation - Signature Minerals

Good luck with your search!

Thank you very much! I will try out Signature Minerals I think.

I did however use a mix of EG Callie and LL Porcelain today (not mixed together but the Callie all over and the Porcelain for more coverage in redder areas) and it's looking like a really good match. I think Callie on its own should be OK too. I did just put it on though so it may darken but I used a primer so that should help. I think I was maybe being too picky about the Porcelain being slightly cool-toned as it's a good match too. I'm lookng forward to seeing the Aromaleigh stuff I ordered and seeing how that matches. This sampling is lots of fun! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: I have some Signature Minerals stuff in my shopping cart- should I go for it? It would be about £5.40 for the six samples. They are:

0 Porcelain Foundation

1.0 Ivory Foundation

Seashell - Matte Blush

Taupe - Matte Eye Color

Driftwood - Pearl Eye Color

Angel Wings Veil

I already have two other orders I recently placed that I'm waiting on (EDM and Aromaleigh). Maybe I should show some restraint since my income is so little. :blush:

Everyday Minerals: Fair Cool

J. Lynne: Fair Neutral 0.7 + a tiny bit of Porcelain Neutral 0.3

Buff'd: Fair

Alima: Chiffon - N1

Pure Luxe: Creamy Natural [both cream & powder]

Buff’d: Between Biscuit and Bisque

Lily Lolo: mix of Blondie, Porcelain and Warm Peach

LaurEss: Gentle Ivory or Subtle Tan with a bit of Subtle Gold

Ocean Mist: Vanilla

Lumiere: Light medium neutral (flawless face), Light Neutral (Veena Velvet), Fairly light neutral (Cashmere)

Earthen Glow: Paige

Signature: Could not find a match

EDM: Not sure yet

I use J.Lynne foundation. I am a medium neutral in the winter. In the summer when I have more color, I use medium neutral mixed with tan warm. The warmth from the tan balances out my face perfectly.

I've tried "a few" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have been MMU addict for several years now.

-Alima Neutral 2/3

-Pureluxe Buff

-Lily Lolo Blondie/In The Buff

-Lumiere Light beige Luminesse or Casmere

-Elemental Beauty Barley healing or soft focus

-Everyday minerals Fairly Light (beige) semi-matte

-Crimaluxe Orchidee neutral

-Ocean Mist Linen

-Aubrey Nicole Light neutral

-Meow 2-Frisky Mau or 2-Frisky Sphynx

-LaurEss Subtle Neutral/Radiant Neutral

-MAD Minerals Natural Light

-The Body Shop 2

-Dreamworld Inanna

-LaurEss Subtle Neutral

-Aromaleigh 2N

-Beautiful Girl Minerals light neutral/medium neutral

-Bare Escentuals Light

(-Dior Diorskin fluide/ Diorskin pure light, 200

-Exuviance skin caring foundation Blush beige)

I have light neutral skin and I can wear both slightly yellow and pink ones. The darker color is my summer shade.

(MAC NC40, summer; MAC NC30, winter)

I have a good match with BE in Golden Medium (summer), and Light (winter).

I would like to try Everyday Minerals foundation, can anyone suggest or know what color should I get.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back