Little Lace Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think I would but I'm going to chime in here but make a general statement overall. Sub boxes are supposed to be fun and exciting! They are my entertainment and I have learned which ones I really enjoy over the past two years. If you're not enjoying a sub box anymore for any reason then forget about it! This is supposed to be fun! Personally, I have had only wonderful correspondence with LLB. I'm sad others haven't had the great experience I have had because it really has been my best sub experience to date and I've tried pretty much all of them. I have a feeling that Darth was getting defensive over his business and family and had taken negative comments to heart. I would too if I was in business with my family so maybe that's why I'm not in business with my family! Anyway, most of my correspondence via email has been with Kat Taylor and she's been great. So many people have complained on multiple forums about general automated email responses from sub companies when they have a problem (cough cough, popsugar October debacle) but complain when they get an actual response from a living person, no matter what it may be...
So how do you defend them telling customers out of the blue in an email that their subscribers are of subpar IQ? 

The LLB family are operating from a very negative, insecure place to behave in such a way. I am at a point in my life where I have no tolerance for bullying and certainly will not support it with my money. These karmicly bankrupt sort of folk always spiral downward and I prefer to steer clear.

"So how do you defend them telling customers out of the blue in an email that their subscribers are of subpar IQ?

The LLB family are operating from a very negative, insecure place to behave in such a way. I am at a point in my life where I have no tolerance for bullying and certainly will not support it with my money. These karmicly bankrupt sort of folk always spiral downward and I prefer to steer clear."

Yeah, I definitely can't defend them from a business standpoint. They'd be much better off sending short and too the point emails. Canceling people out of the blue is obviously not great business behavior either. I'm just trying to say that there are some people who have had really positive experiences with them. I know the negativity and backlash is deserved after reading some of their responses, but trying to let people know that they don't seem all bad. I've had a couple of terrible, out of the blue, customer service experiences over the years and I simply stopped buying the product. I do realize that the one negative and nasty response from one customer service rep that I received does not represent the whole Company though. However in this case it seems like it was the head of it... They all seem to like to write, viewing their description letters so I think an explanation statement would serve them well at this point.

@@fancyfarmer Thank you for letting me know. I do hope my choice ships. My sister picked out a few items that she wants for her birthday which I need to order from LLB. I want to be sure that I am receiving my oil before placing an order with them. I can't see it being a problem, but you never know.

My sister used her points to purchase the FHF Whoopie Pie candle for my birthday last month. I received it the other day. It smells delicious.

I can understand the dilemma for those that are continuing their subscription. LLB has always gone above and beyond for me. I've never experienced anything remotely negative. I can see why people want to continue if they have experienced the same type of service.

Edit to add that I placed my order for my sister's birthday and used up my points. We'll see what happens. I really do like their curation and will miss this sub.

Edited again that I received notice that I received a shipping confirmation for my item on 5/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@All the Lippies Let me be clear.... I don't know what's happening with cancelation of annual subs. I would assume they would do a pro-rated refund, but I've yet to hear from anyone with an annual sub that has cancelled. I have asked the question and have not received a response. It was not my intention to make a “borderline libelous comment”

That being said, I agree with much of your post.
@@NotTelling, just saw this...I wanted to be clear that I didn't mean you were making the comment..I meant Browning when she said she thought they were covering up....and I don't even believe SHE meant it as libel, just that LLB could see it as such!

I definitely didn't mean for it to be libelous at all. For it to be libel, it would have to be false...where is the glazed version of this dish? No one received it and it's not for sale in their website. I truly believe there was some kind of mix-up or miscommunication with the artist. My guess is the dish with the smooth top was supposed to be glazed, hence them describing it as the "modern" version in their letter sent out with the box.

@ I bought the lace on top jewelry dish on the LLB site for my mom and it came glazed. I'm not sure why they don't mention it on their site, maybe they all come glazed? But I do find it odd that there is so much different variations of this dish. Lace on top, lace on bottom, glazed, unglazed. Weird. The dish is lovely glazed though.

This is probably a stupid question, but, if you wanted it shiny and less porous could you spray paint it with clear shiny-finish paint?

It's interesting to me - more on the MSA post than here - to see what people consider to be threatening a company's brand and therefore, warranting the company flipping out..

Posting all over "don't order x box. It's assembled by four year olds in Guatemala who only earn ten cents a week." - if false, malicious threat to brand

"The items in Xx box are made from murdered kittens AND after they murder fuzzball, they dump toxic waste in flipper's magical ocean home." - again, if false, malicious threat to brand.

"X business is just a shell front for an international prostitution ring and the CFO blew through all of last quarter's profits snorting lines of coke off a hooker's bare ass." If false, threat to brand

"I really like Xx box but this one thing in the box, well I'm pretty sure there had to be a manufacturing issue. It's just terrible and I'm not a fan. I think the manufacture over promised and under delivered" -so not even a threat to the brand. Obviously opinion and in no way slanderous or deserving of being stalked and cancelled by the company.

When you say you believe a company is covering something up,  (a direct quote per the email Browning herself posted) you are in fact implying that something illegal/unethical/dishonest was done that needs to be covered up. 

Does it meet the legal standard for libel? I have no clue. I doubt it. But it is more than just saying you didn't care for a product.

I think she just meant they were making up a story to cover their asses, but Papa Bear took it as am accusation that they were cheating their customers, and I can see why he'd think that.

Do I think they overreacted? Hell yes. Do I think she even said anything wrong? Hell no. But I can see where people would be offended at being accused of covering something up, because there are definite implication that go along with that particular phrase.

Do I think they overreacted? Hell yes. Do I think she even said anything wrong? Hell no. But I can see where people would be offended at being accused of covering something up, because there are definite implication that go along with that particular phrase.
If you're that thin-skinned and sensitive, you should not be running a business. There will be plenty of people who will say FAR worse. Ignore the comment, or reply dispassionately and professionally, but don't let an emotional reaction dictate an absurd customer service response such as the one we've seen here.

I took Browning's comment that it wasn't LLB that was covering, but the artist was covering up.

If you're that thin-skinned and sensitive, you should not be running a business. There will be plenty of people who will say FAR worse. Ignore the comment, or reply dispassionately and professionally, but don't let an emotional reaction dictate an absurd customer service response such as the one we've seen here.
Agreed.

I just cancelled a sub recently because they had offered me certain choices & now when I had an issue, they acted as if I asked them for those things, which I didn't.   If it is a hardship, don't offer it to the customer and certainly, don't throw that back into their face as if they demanded those things (ie special treatment).

Actually, good news, I got my shipping notice today. So, I would guess everyone will be getting it soon.
I got my oil and vinegars today (I purchased 3 in addition to my "free" one). They were shipped Thursday, and arrived today. The shipping is so fast. I am looking forward to making many dressings, and marinades.

1. We recieved our Blood Orange Olive oil and Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar today.... Very excited to experiment with them!

2. My personnel experience with LLB customer service has been very positive, Kat Taylor has handled my questions and several problems, frustrations over the website and billing changeover. I was given the option to cancel my years prepaid sub and have money refunded... Since I had expressed HERE on MUT that I was frustrated with the resignup/info transfer and account info missing. I was a bit disconcerted at first, but

feel that If customer service is popping in to and looking to take care/address problems posted here... Thats better than ignoring the issue.

3. I don't fully understand the cancelation issue..... I feel that is unfortunate for Browning and anyone else who this has happened to. I suspect that possibly the website changeover/billing may have been a small

possible factor in that happening.

4. I recieved the dish with the design on the bottom (disappointing yes), my daughter recieved one with the print on top. Yes it would have been nice to have both pieces w/design on the top and glazed, but it was, a really great box with useful items and if it was not something you felt was your thing, it was gift-able.

5. I hope that folks here can MOVE on........

I love the oil dipping bowls.... I generally do not eat bread... So I've not used them for that, but they are just the perfect size for other dipping sauces, a side of horseradish sauce, sour cream, or chives. I am so looking forward

to June's LLB.... It looks to be what subscribers need, a transition out of past issues, and on to something new and fabulous.

3. I don't fully understand the cancelation issue..... I feel that is unfortunate for Browning and anyone else who this has happened to. I suspect that possibly the website changeover/billing may have been a small

possible factor in that happening.
Except they are telling people that they have cancelled them because of negative things they said about the box. They also have insulted their customers' intelligence and have been downright rude and hostile. Not to mention flat out creepy by tracking down people who commented on other blogs.

I moved on fine by cancelling my subscription. I don't care if the items in a box are great, a company that mistreats its customers doesn't deserve my money. And others having positive customer service experiences doesn't make up for the terrible things they've said.

Will I miss Little Lace Box? Yeah, I kind of will, I enjoyed my boxes. But no amount of awesome justifies giving those people my money.

Except they are telling people that they have cancelled them because of negative things they said about the box. They also have insulted their customers' intelligence and have been downright rude and hostile. Not to mention flat out creepy by tracking down people who commented on other blogs.

I moved on fine by cancelling my subscription. I don't care if the items in a box are great, a

company that mistreats its customers doesn't deserve my money. And others having positive customer service experiences doesn't make up for the terrible things they've said.

Will I miss Little Lace Box? Yeah, I kind of will, I enjoyed my boxes. But no amount of awesome justifies giving those people my money.
What needs to be remembered, there are many, (what my friends refer to as)TROLLS on chat hubs like this, FB groups, etc. They go around making up stories, causing drama.... Just to watch the fervor of conversation. Also I would imagine there is an element of competition amongst Sub boxes..... Who's to say a competitor hasn't come on and posted negative posts here and on MSA to hinder people's attitudes towards this box.

I don't KNOW anyone personally in this discussion group. I have more knowledge and interaction, in my experiences with LLB. This comes down to posts from individuals who feel wronged...,you've had your say... If anyone else doesn't like what they've read in the posts here and feels that they need to support another's complaint and cancel or not subscribe then that is your choice. It's a choice.

As an adult.... You take information and evaluate it and make choices and move beyond. People have conveyed they feel slighted, have voiced their stories as well as their opinion on LLB popping in and reading posts. But nobody has died from it all. At least I haven't read a post that told me that!

What needs to be remembered, there are many, (what my friends refer to as)TROLLS on chat hubs like this, FB groups, etc. They go around making up

stories, causing drama.... Just to watch the fervor of conversation. Also I would imagine there is an element of competition amongst Sub boxes..... Who's to say a competitor hasn't come on and posted negative posts here and on MSA to hinder people's attitudes towards this box.

I don't KNOW anyone personally in this discussion group. I have more knowledge and interaction, in my experiences with LLB. This comes down to posts from individuals who feel wronged...,you've had your say... If anyone else doesn't like what they've read in the posts here and feels that they need to support another's complaint and cancel or not subscribe then that is your choice. It's a choice.

As an adult.... You take information and evaluate it and make choices and move beyond. People have conveyed they feel slighted, have voiced their stories as well as their opinion on LLB popping in and reading posts. But nobody has died from it all. At least I haven't read a post that told me that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back