Little Lace Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How on earth did you get the bracelet on? Mine won't open and there is No way it will fit over my hand. Am I missing sometjing? Or should I just Christmas wish for tiny hands? Lol

*whoops. Responded to wrong comment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I slipped it on on. I have tiny hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the monthly sub is out of stock.  I waited too long again.  I love Downton Abbey.  Can't wait to see those contents. 

Maybe I'm just being moody (VERY possible) but the commenters on MSA seem ruthless (mean) about the age thing. It's no different than the tech snobs proclaiming that no one uses lowly devices such as GASP! paper planners anymore. Come on people. A cute planner is a cute planner and a comment about a demographic is just a comment about a demographic.

I feel partly responsible since I brought up the disclaimer. I didn't think it would turn into that though

Maybe I missed a post, but I didn't notice a mean comment.

@@raisin I saw the same thing on their site but didn't think too much of it. Certainly didn't dissuade  me from purchasing the annual subscription. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I'm curious what others think of their box. And I'm so excited about the January theme!!! Any thoughts as to what will be in the next box??

Does anyone know and/or maybe they will reply to my email since they haven't and they clearly read here... If January is sold out, if I order a year now, will that start with January or February because the annual isn't sold out?

Any pictures of the jewelry on?  I would love to see how it looks especially the bracelet.

I think some tea will be in the Downton Abbey/Dining Car box.

The monthly subscription is definitely sold out.  I am not sure it means the January box is.  They probably only commit to so many January/monthly's with the remaining going for annuals.  Just a hunch. 

Got the LLB box, no variations. Emailed to cancel it because this is a huge drop in style and curation from November. I would have loved to purchase November's box but alas I’m stuck with December’s.

I’m also sooo sick of gold jewelry. I swear 90% of the jewelry we get in boxes is gold and that's not representative of what's being sold in the US right now. Surprisingly my FFF box has the silver version of the necklace, as I had assumed I’d be getting the gold version from them too.

The majority of my jewelry is platinum or silver, because silver tones look better against my skin, but I think daintier pieces are better in gold tones, especially something with a lot of chain. I don't think I'd like this bracelet near as well in silver. It would remind me of headgear. (I'll be happy to explain what headgear was to all y'all right after you get off my lawn! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I"d imagine sold out means sold out completely and you'd start in February, but that's a darn good question.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]@@raisin I don't think you need to feel responsible for other people's witchy [/SIZE]behavior[SIZE=14.3999996185303px], not that I noticed any here.[/SIZE]

Got the LLB box, no variations. Emailed to cancel it because this is a huge drop in style and curation from November. I would have loved to purchase November's box but alas I’m stuck with December’s.

I’m also sooo sick of gold jewelry. I swear 90% of the jewelry we get in boxes is gold and that's not representative of what's being sold in the US right now. Surprisingly my FFF box has the silver version of the necklace, as I had assumed I’d be getting the gold version from them too.
I am not a gold person, but surprisingly

don't mind this gold bracelet. What I do mind is that I must have "man hands" Bc I cannot get it over my apparently giant hands...sad face. Oh well, off to swaps it shall go....

Any pictures of the jewelry on? I would love to see how it looks especially the bracelet.

I think some tea will be in the Downton Abbey/Dining Car box.

The monthly subscription is definitely sold out. I am not sure it means the January box is. They probably only commit to so many January/monthly's with the remaining going for annuals. Just a hunch.
Both pieces are stunning! Simple, classic, elegant but also modern at the same time. I love gold so perfect fit for me!You can see its quality pieces not some crap :) I simply love this box!

20141218_194503.jpg

20141218_194630.jpg

I received my box today and I really like all of the items in it. I thought that the personal touches in the letter were really nice. I'm glad that the letter noted that December would be the "most disconnected curation" that we would see. I liked their explanation and it gives me hope for great boxes going forward.

Does anyone know and/or maybe they will reply to my email since they haven't and they clearly read here... If January is sold out, if I order a year now, will that start with January or February because the annual isn't sold out?
I ordered my annual sub when December was "sold out", and I received it, to my surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if you would get a January box.

I m so bummed for the 2nd month in a row my box did not arrive on the expected delivery date.  The last tracking info I have says it left florida on the 16th and no updates sine (still says expected delivery date is the 18th) . Grrrr I m very annoyed and want my box!  I m trying so hard to avoid spoilers.  I m very jealous of all you ladies with your boxes lol.  Enjoy!

I'm usually not one for lifestyle boxes, since I'm really picky about what I like, but I do like the regency theme of January's box. Too bad by the time I made up my mind about wanting it, it's sold out.

Figures.

I got my box today and I'm torn.  I loved the letter - first off.  Super personal and cute.  The day planner is great... I really like that.  However, I don't wear gold and the soap I got is apple cider smelling... YUCK.  I don't want to smell like someone dumped apple cider all over me.  This box doesn't make me want to unsubscribe though... there's just something in the letter that really touches me.  

I feel the same way. The jewelry is really pretty, it's just a bit... twee... for my tastes (and I am hardly some cutting edge stylish person). And the soap seemed like a weird inclusion because it wasn't really even full size or particularly luxurious. And also, besides the day planner, I didn't see how anything else in the box had to do with new beginnings or starting over.

And yet, I'm not canceling so fast, because there was just something I liked about it overall, even though I didn't like the individual items that much?

I got my box today and I'm torn.  I loved the letter - first off.  Super personal and cute.  The day planner is great... I really like that.  However, I don't wear gold and the soap I got is apple cider smelling... YUCK.  I don't want to smell like someone dumped apple cider all over me.  This box doesn't make me want to unsubscribe though... there's just something in the letter that really touches me.  

Thank you Zadi. I was wondering if the rules had changed while I was away for a few months. This is one of the few "safe" places where we can freely discuss subs without self censoring (which many feel forced to do to avoid offending sub box employees/owners).

@@Curator@LLB account has had their posting abilities restricted. As a reminder, commercial accounts created by company reps or owners are currently not allowed. If you have any questions please use the support link at the bottom of the site to contact @Director.
@@Curator@LLB account has had their posting abilities restricted. As a reminder, commercial accounts created by company reps or owners are currently not allowed. If you have any questions please use the support link at the bottom of the site to contact @Director.

Actually mine WON'T open. As in at all. Regardless of force used. I think I got a dud.

I had no trouble getting the bracelet on. Just push, you ain't gonna break it, it's a wire! I do have smallish hands, but my ring size is 6, so not REALLY small, though. (Wedding band is a 5)

And it WILL unclasp, but you will most likely have to have help getting it back on. (I didn't but I am a big ol' bracelet ho, so I have had plenty of practice )

Edited to add I was going to give the bracelet to my niece, because I thought it would not be my taste, but I adore it!

Now I have to decide whether to give her the necklace ( which is definitely more suitable for a smooth, wrinkle-and-skin tag free 20-30 year old neck than the 51 year old model I'm sporting these days) or convert it to another bracelet. Because it would stack beeyoootifuly with the bracelet we got. (As well as the shotgun shell end cap bangle I have)

Outstanding box. LOVE!

I'm not personally offended but can understand why women of a certain age could be. From a purely business perspective, it just doesn't seem necessary. It's not like they're sending metallic tattoos and hair feathers that might appeal more to a teenager (thankfully my teen likes neither, lol). More than helping shape expectations about the sub, for those who found it odd and/or offensive, the disclaimer could make the difference between a potential customer hitting "subscribe" or not. Because frankly to me it gives an inaccurate impression, never mind the fact that 35 is a rather arbitrary age to set. My nearer to 40 than 35 year old ass liked all the LLB boxes, even though I'm apparently outside the target demo. The disclaimer just incites controversy that could be completely avoided by eliminating reference to specific ages. I tend not to take things personally when it comes to business, which is something that's a necessity in the business world to be successful while not feeling like jumping off a nearby bridge. Or maybe I just don't have a heart. Nah, I'm not the grinch, lol

Maybe I missed a post, but I didn't notice a mean comment.

@@raisin I saw the same thing on their site but didn't think too much of it. Certainly didn't dissuade me from purchasing the annual subscription. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway, I'm curious what others think of their box. And I'm so excited about the January theme!!! Any thoughts as to what will be in the next box??

Latest posts

Back