Long hair haters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know when my hair is short I'm not picky at all about who touches it but when it's long I am so afraid of someone getting scissor happy on it.

I have a friend that doesn't believe in cutting her hair and she had the hardest time finding a stylist that would perm her hair and not pester her to cut it.

okay so i just want to say that i had no idea so many of u ladies would respond to this forum in so many ways. im so glad im not the only one out there that has had these experiences and that has concerns. i think we take too much care and spend to much time on our hair to have someone jus chop all our hard work off just to be mean and hateful. i think we should start taking action and start being firm with what we want.

LETS HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
wink.gif
You said it sista!

Wooooow@this topic! I never ever would have thought about hair stylists hating on ones hair. And thinking about it now, last time I got a haircut which was back in umm, I think Nov. my hair was waaaay long and beautiful. So I walk into a salon and ask for something not too short and not too long. I got exactly what I wanted. It was pretty short though, =. I just remember the stylist saying before I got my haircut, "Yeah, long hair isn't good nowadays." I, of course, believing it said, "Really? Than let's cut it off!" After a week I soooooo regreted. It's now July and my hair lengeth is almost getting there!
rockwoot.gif

Arggghhh this has happened to me for years, i hardly used to go the hairdressers because they just like to snip 5inches extra off when i want a trim! but the other month i found a hairdressers that gave me what i wanted and asked me questions step by step yayyy. Iv had long hair mostly all my life and when i was 14 it was to the top of my bum and i fancied a change, i decided i wanted it shorter so i asked for it to be a few inches below my shoulders but it was was cut a few inches above my shoulders
bawling.gif
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

Wow these stories are really freaking me out I need a trim and my hair is longer now than ever. I am pretty blunt though tell the lady what you ant and make sure she's doing it. I tell them I don't want a certain scissor cut or whatever they are doing but it bothers me when they just start thinning your hair or razoring it without even asking you! People always want what they can't have.

The Dominican Republic was under Haitian rule for a while so that is why there is a mixture of hair textures. I can't believe some of these stories. Don't let any hair dresser treat you that way. I would never go back if I was treated badly or felt embarrased.

I had my hair chopped off by a hair dresser even though I brought a friend with me to watch. My hair curls up and gets springy when wet so some hair dressers have too much fun cutting it and making it fuller. I cut my own hair now and had people ask where I have it cut.

Wow, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had horrible luck with this! I've always liked keeping my hair long, but when I'd go to the hair dresser for "just a little trim" they'd go scissor happy and cut off tons of hair. I'd leave in tears sometimes because I was so upset by the drastic change.

I'm afraid to get trims at home too because my mom will accidentally cut off too much sometimes. I haven't had a trim in over 6 months because I'm afraid of too much getting snipped off.

yeah, i've seen that happen. not to that extreme, but i've seen it. it is quite awful! i don't get it either! lots of celebs use it and no one says anything.

Back