Long Wearing Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's been said a number of times but I definitely agree that MAC Fluidline is great. It lasts all day long and it's very versatile. You can create so many different looks with it. Once it dries it won't smudge or smear and there are plenty of colour options. Fluidline in Blacktrack is one of my HG products.

vesna, with fluidline(and other gel eyeliners) is it safe to apply it to both the top and bottom waterlines as long as you allow it to dry before taking the pressure of the lid?

I use a matte black e/s along my waterline, and then I apply Styli-Style 24-7 Line & Seal over it (I don't even need to since the e/s lasts all day). I really do like Smashbox Jet Set in Midnight Black for both my upper lashline and lower lashline.

REVLON COLORSTAY!

I have MAC Fluidline too...I only use eyeliner on my waterline aka underneath my eye, and eek, it gets into my eye, maybe I am doing it wrong?

Anyway, I just think Revlon Colorstay is easier--no brush, just a liner that doesn't require a sharpener! It lasts soo long for me, has a great color-payoff, and I don't have to worry about a thing!

After reading the positive reviews, I bought the UD 24/7 in Zero. The first time I used it, it smudged and disappeared fairly quickly. I haven't used it since, but I might give it another try in hopes of a different result this time!

I also have to say I love the Revlon Colourstay eyeliner pencils.

For liquid eyeliners, I LOVE Shiseido and Mac liquidlast.

I haven't got a Mac Fluidline of my own, but I've used it before and it's amazing. <3

I tried MAC Fluidlines and Revlon Colorstay recently for my waterline, and the Fluidline disappeared within an hour of putting it on. The Revlon Colorstay stayed on my waterline much longer than any other eyeliner I've tried, though it did smudge a bit.

I have used all of the ones mentioned below and like them all.
smile.gif

Pencil--- Revlon Colorstay

Gel--- MAC Fluidline

Liquid-- MAC Liquid Last

Yet another vote for REVLON COLORSTAY right here! I agree with everyone, it is the best long wearing eyeliner ever made. Especially for the waterline, where everything else wears off within an hour on me, this one will last 6 hours sometimes more before needing a touch up.

For a more defined look MAC FLUIDLINE all the way. But I dont like it on my waterline because I wear contact lens and pieces of it easily get on my lens. I don't have this problem with Revlon.

Originally Posted by alikastyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC liquidlast (liquid liner that comes w/ brush) or fluidline (which is a gel liner) I agree, though if you do not want ot to come off what so ever, I'd go for the Liquidlast...that stuff does not come off rain or shine! It's ridiculously long lasting!
As for pencil liner, I use the black liner pencils they sell at the Hot Topic stores [i guess it's their house cosmetic brand]. They last all day, don't run or smudge and only cost $1.99!
smile.gif

Never used ColorStay by Revlon, but it these ladies say it's good, I trust them

I have both the Revlon colorstay liners and Styli Style liners and they're both budge proof
smile.gif
Stylie Style's cheaper i think ($4.99?) but i think its made in Paris? I usually see it at CVS along with Prestige Liners

Hi,
I need an eyeliner (any price range) that will simply stay where I put it. That's all I ask, no smudging below my eyelids, no double-line on my upper eyelid.

I use BabeCake by Benefit. It is a old fashioned cake eyeliner I put on with the get bent eye liner brush. It stays.
icon7.gif
You sort of look dated. Think Audrey Hepburn. I tone it down by mixing brown and black. Get the cake good and wet and make a kind of paste with the brush. One quick swipe on the eye lids does the trick.

I got so sick of buying eyeliners which went on too sheer, which ended up under my waterline and which were too hard; dragged my lids!!!

So i went on a rampage lol i bought about 7 different eyeliners in the space of a week!!!

One i tried urban decay 24/7 i knew i'd found my ultimate eyeliner.

It goes on very easily, no going back and forward over your waterline making your eyes sore and watery, it goes on quite thick which i think helps to stop water from my eyes penetrating it and sliding below my lashline, it is quite soft so i would advise you to be prepared to "tidy up" below the lashline as when you're applying it, the tip tends to flatten making a thick line.

For staying power, ease of use and for instantly black, black liner i would highly recommend it.

M.A.C. Fliudline and liquidlast are excellent however i have not as yet tried them on my waterline!!!!!

Pencil - Urban decay 24/7

Gel - M.A.C. Fluidline

Liquid - M.A.C. Liquidlast

*****ALSO best way to REMOVE M.A.C. liquidlast*****

Took me ages to find a way to get it off without irritating my eyes by constant rubbing OR without resorting to using eyeshadow over it til it wore off itself (takes DAYS!!!!!)

Simple and cheap:

BABY OIL - practically slides off!!!!!! It's a god send i use it to remove my eye makeup all the time now!!!!!!!

i use the MAC liquidlast.. it stays on FOREVER!

I put it on in the day and it doesnt smudge or rub off until i take it off at night

Right now I'm using a Wet N Wild waterproof liquid liner. I like it because it's got the felt tip point on it.

And as far as lasting....this stuff doesn't go anywhere. I have to use oil to take it off, because my makeup remover doesn't work, lol.

I prolly paid $3 for the eyeliner at Target.

I have heard that Maybelline's define-a-line is good! Especially if your on a budget
smile.gif
only $6! Or mark's hook up liquid eyeliner thingy. I've never tried it, but I've heard ravin' reviews about it and I really want it. Only $5 on their site!

Back