Loose Button US

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memberships and the beauty advent calendar lol.. let's hope they open a few US slots again. Dang, sorry I missed out on the Eyeko! I'm really loving the two liners I have by them.

Do you think the advent calendar is worth it? I was considering getting it, but it does have a hefty price tag. That being said, I do know what samples I will be getting - and they are pretty good sizes. What do you girls think?

Originally Posted by Margo Julianna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think the advent calendar is worth it? I was considering getting it, but it does have a hefty price tag. That being said, I do know what samples I will be getting - and they are pretty good sizes. What do you girls think?
I think if it was available in the US I would own it 
smilehappyyes.gif

What products specifically do you think makes the calendar worth it? Or is it just the whole thing in general?

A lot of the value seems to be in lots of bottles of perfume, which I wouldn't wear. I don't think I would buy it even if I could.

I think that part of why people want the Advent calendar so much is because there are several brands in it that do not generally present themselves in the run-of-the-mill subscription boxes. Yes, the bulk of the value may be from perfume samples, but there are also several color items from brands that one doesn't see in the average sub.

Perfume, skincare, makeup items by Armani, YSL, Lancome..etc.. interesting brands and products that could be further broken down into super luxe gift bags! Or keep all for yourself...what's not to like?

Yeah, I usually don't see brands like Lancome, YSL, etc. in beauty boxes - I was also specifically interested in the armani eyes to kill, lancome doll lashes and YSL faux cils, but not so much in the perfume. Hmmm. I'm also thinking I could just get mini-versions of the products I'm interested in at Sephora. 

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine has lasted fairly well in the summer heat and me sweating myself to death.
I meant the pen itself. I love this Eyeko pen because it lasts longer than my cream or gel liners do without the icky feeling of liquid liners! How long does it take for it to dry out if you use it on a daily basis? 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine has lasted fairly well in the summer heat and me sweating myself to death.
I meant the pen itself. I love this Eyeko pen because it lasts longer than my cream or gel liners do without the icky feeling of liquid liners! How long does it take for it to dry out if you use it on a daily basis? 
wub.gif

I have three...I have had them for about 4 months and the black and turquoise ones have not dried out at all...the olive one was actually a little dry when I got it so it's harder to use.

Everyone keeps talking about how awesome the Eyeko is. I didn't really find it so. I found that it goes on as more of a grey than a black, it really isn't that dark. Especially when compared with other liquid black liners. It also does indeed smudge. I tend to tear up and wipe the corners of my eyes and with my usual mac fluid line, it stays just fine. While when I wore this stuff it was all over my face.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have three...I have had them for about 4 months and the black and turquoise ones have not dried out at all...the olive one was actually a little dry when I got it so it's harder to use.
Gasp...and they still work as well as you did when you purchased them? For the black and turquoise anyways!

Originally Posted by Rachel Liane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everyone keeps talking about how awesome the Eyeko is. I didn't really find it so. I found that it goes on as more of a grey than a black, it really isn't that dark. Especially when compared with other liquid black liners. It also does indeed smudge. I tend to tear up and wipe the corners of my eyes and with my usual mac fluid line, it stays just fine. While when I wore this stuff it was all over my face.
Maybe you got a defective one. Mine goes on perfectly pitch black and does not smudge at all. I can actually go on the whole day without a single smudge on the corner of my eyes. But then again, I have a good habit of not rubbing the corner of my eyes - I only rub the middle bottom part of my eye with my ring finger lightly if some dust got into my eye. My cream or gel liners general do not smudge unless I tear up. Then there's the usually small smudge on the corners of my eye. 

With this Eyeko liner, I haven't had that problem at all. I'm guilty of sleeping with my eyeliner on and usually, my cream or gel liners would go crazy when I do. When I fell asleep with the Eyeko liner on, I couldn't find even a single smudge. It was as perfect as the moment I put it on. It doesn't harden up on my lids and also doesn't peel like some liquid liners do. I've never had such a reliable eyeliner even among brand named eyeliners.

This is definitely my favorite item in my Luxe box and probably going to be one of my favorite liners too.

Mine haven't dried out so far. I used them probably 4 times a week or so without problem. Mine are very black on me.

I finally remembered to use the eyeko liner before going out saturday night and was surprised at how well it stayed on. My eyes get extremely watery, so I usually forgo any kind of eye makeup, but this stuff is fantastic!

Maybe you got a defective one. Mine goes on perfectly pitch black and does not smudge at all. I can actually go on the whole day without a single smudge on the corner of my eyes. But then again, I have a good habit of not rubbing the corner of my eyes - I only rub the middle bottom part of my eye with my ring finger lightly if some dust got into my eye. My cream or gel liners general do not smudge unless I tear up. Then there's the usually small smudge on the corners of my eye.  With this Eyeko liner, I haven't had that problem at all. I'm guilty of sleeping with my eyeliner on and usually, my cream or gel liners would go crazy when I do. When I fell asleep with the Eyeko liner on, I couldn't find even a single smudge. It was as perfect as the moment I put it on. It doesn't harden up on my lids and also doesn't peel like some liquid liners do. I've never had such a reliable eyeliner even among brand named eyeliners. This is definitely my favorite item in my Luxe box and probably going to be one of my favorite liners too.
This is my experience too, and I own 2 blacks and one olive. Very black, lasts all day and never smudges.

Back