Lost - May Contain Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure, I think this season started in mid-late Sept. That is a LOOOONNNNG time to wait! The Lost forum that I read is so busy that I can't even read the posts with everyone's theories and it's driving me nuts LOL

I'm just so in awe right now of all that happened!

HQ

Originally Posted by ilafa I don't have enough selfdiscipline to stop myself and not read spoilers, but man, this show is so full of stories and hints that only epi recaps can ruin the experience. I've read a lot of spoilers for the last epi and they were an atom compared to the whole epi.

LOL You sound exactly like me. For almost the whole season I've been reading an entire play by play of each epi before it airs. For the finale though, I did not allow myself to even go to the forum where I read them, because I know I don't have the self control to go there and not read the spoiler! I really wanted this week to be a surprise, because I often find myself thinking at the end of a show, that it would have been so much better if I hadn't seen it coming. I was right, I LOVED tonight with the element of surprise in there. WEE!!

Originally Posted by HarleyQuin I'm not sure, I think this season started in mid-late Sept. That is a LOOOONNNNG time to wait! The Lost forum that I read is so busy that I can't even read the posts with everyone's theories and it's driving me nuts LOL
I'm just so in awe right now of all that happened!

HQ

Dang!!! That's too long to wait!
sadno.gif

Holy chit! I was so tense for the past two hours. I was sooooooo glad that they did this season finale in two hours rather than breaking it into two episodes. There is so much to talk about...

Libby - she came back! Well, its a flash back but she came back which I think means that we will learn more about her. Why was she in a mental hospital with Hurley? At first, I didnt recognize her because of her funky hair do.

Charlie- I was so glad he had more screen time. I miss his silly ways. I am so glad he and Claire kissed. Hopefully it means something because we all know he cares for her and her child.

Locke & Eko - WTF! Are they alive? I don't know whose side to pick since I think that they are both right in what they are thinking. I thought for sure that Eko had died when the dynomite when off. I am glad that he didn't. I wonder is his Jesus stick is safe? lol

Desmond - he is back too! Wow, it seems like he has gone through a lot. I wonder if not pressing the button really caused the plane to crash. And I couldnt believe his girl friend is still looking for him. What a way to end the episode!

Hurley - why do you think he was spared? Why did they choose to send him back? I am so curious.

Jack/Kate/Sawyer - what is going to happen to them?!?!?!?! I hope they don't make Kate choose one or the other cause that would be really lame.

Micheal & Walt - I am glad that they are reunited. I wonder if they will indeed find their way back to civilization. I still want to know why they took Walt in the first place.

Sayid/Sun/Jin - What happened with them?

Henry Gale - what a creepy mofo!

All I gotta say is that its going to be a looooooooooooong summer!

OMG!!! That was SOOO good last night!!!!

All the twists and some answers, but even more questions now.
11dh.gif

How do they expect us to wait until the fall to see a new episode? That's going to drive me mad! I need to watch LOST! I feel like an addict going through withdrawal!
wassatt.gif

Maybe I'll rent the first season on DVD and watch it again! Heee Hee!

I really hope Lock and Eko are alive! They are fantastic characters.

Originally Posted by Marisol Holy chit! I was so tense for the past two hours. I was sooooooo glad that they did this season finale in two hours rather than breaking it into two episodes. There is so much to talk about...
Libby - she came back! Well, its a flash back but she came back which I think means that we will learn more about her. Why was she in a mental hospital with Hurley? At first, I didnt recognize her because of her funky hair do.

Charlie- I was so glad he had more screen time. I miss his silly ways. I am so glad he and Claire kissed. Hopefully it means something because we all know he cares for her and her child.

Locke & Eko - WTF! Are they alive? I don't know whose side to pick since I think that they are both right in what they are thinking. I thought for sure that Eko had died when the dynomite when off. I am glad that he didn't. I wonder is his Jesus stick is safe? lol

Desmond - he is back too! Wow, it seems like he has gone through a lot. I wonder if not pressing the button really caused the plane to crash. And I couldnt believe his girl friend is still looking for him. What a way to end the episode!

Hurley - why do you think he was spared? Why did they choose to send him back? I am so curious.

Jack/Kate/Sawyer - what is going to happen to them?!?!?!?! I hope they don't make Kate choose one or the other cause that would be really lame.

Micheal & Walt - I am glad that they are reunited. I wonder if they will indeed find their way back to civilization. I still want to know why they took Walt in the first place.

Sayid/Sun/Jin - What happened with them?

Henry Gale - what a creepy mofo!

All I gotta say is that its going to be a looooooooooooong summer!

LOL Very well said!

My mind was totally blown through the whole episode.

Things that I'm wondering are:

Libby said her dead husbands name was David. We know that NOTHING on Lost is a coincidence. So is this the same Dave that Hurley was having visions of?

What is with the guy monitoring the electromagnetism for Penelope looking SO much like Jack. Could be just my eyes imagining things, but this guy really looks like Matthew Fox! http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7403/russian3hz.jpg

Sadly, I think Desmond is dead. Didn't he take his book with him that was pretty much what he had saved for the moment of his death? It was like he went down there with the key, knowing he wouldn't be coming back.

Ugh, what am I going to watch all summer?

HQ

the first episode of season 3 is on october 4th.

i really don't think they would kill off Locke and Desmond. If they would, I think killing off Locke is much more possible as he in a way fulfilled his destiny with finding out what happens when you don't push the button. Desmond couldn't be killed off because of the ending with Pen Widmore looking for him IMHO. i really don't know. The ending was a clear hint that they WILL be found someday and if not rescued, there will be fresh new characters - Pen and her crew maybe
biggrin.gif

i hope it's not just my emotions speaking, as I really like Locke and Desmond (I'm not fond of Eko and his fanatism, it creeps me out), but I'm almost certain that they survived. I just can't fit Charlies reaction in all this stuff - why was he so careless about Locke, Desmond and Eko? He didn't even bother going back and checking on them! Is it because Eko pushed him off? He showed us how selfish he is in previous epis, so this could be possible.

I liked the fake Henry Gale though. He seemed so cool and like he had everything under control. I also think that Walt and Michael will never get away. Did anyone notice the look Jack gave to Kate before the other covered their heads? what do you think it meant? I first thought that they will start shooting
smile.gif

What about that foot with 4 toes? wasn't that a "what the heck" moment or what
smile.gif

I love lost!
inlove.gif

I admit I skipped to the last page of this post so if this has already been brought up...sorry. BUT...did anyone notice that the guy that pushed the button before Desmond was the army captain or whatever that paid Sayid to torture his army friend??? (and also Brother Justin from Carnivale, another show (HBO) I am waiting to come back!!) AND...I hope they do not kill off Mr. Eko...that is a fine a** man that I would climb like a tree....whew lawd...is it hot in here?

Originally Posted by Quiana I admit I skipped to the last page of this post so if this has already been brought up...sorry. BUT...did anyone notice that the guy that pushed the button before Desmond was the army captain or whatever that paid Sayid to torture his army friend??? I didn't realize that. I'll have to go back and watch that episode.

Quote:
AND...I hope they do not kill off Mr. Eko...that is a fine a** man that I would climb like a tree....whew lawd...is it hot in here? LMAO! I like Eko too and hope he's alive! I love the way he talks!
Did anyone notice the hot girl on girl action between Kate and Alex? Hahaha!

Check it out...

e61bf228aa.gif

I bet Sawyer would like to be "caught in a net" with them. lol I thought it was cute and funny how that he really thought "caught in a net" was sexual innuendo.

Originally Posted by Quiana I admit I skipped to the last page of this post so if this has already been brought up...sorry. BUT...did anyone notice that the guy that pushed the button before Desmond was the army captain or whatever that paid Sayid to torture his army friend??? OMG, I didn't notice that. Good catch!
I liked the little moment Kate and Jack shared before the "system failure", and Sawyer looking like a very bitter third wheel.

And this whole Pen Widmore thing has me all befuddled - does she know Desmond has been on the Island all this time, or has she just been looking for him all these years, or is her involvement not related to Desmond at all but with what's going on at the Island and she has no clue he's there?

Originally Posted by HarleyQuin What is with the guy monitoring the electromagnetism for Penelope looking SO much like Jack. Could be just my eyes imagining things, but this guy really looks like Matthew Fox! That's exactly what I thought! I wonder if that's just a random coincidence, or if it has some bearing on the plot. I feel dumb for even writing that, because when is anything just a 'random coincidence' on Lost?
I can't wait until October!

And what was up with that big fake looking bird that said Hurley's name?! Creepy! Wasn't that same bird in the last season?

OMG. Wikipedia had a great write up on the final episode and ties up tons of literary references that I wouldn't have picked up... ever. Here are some of my thoughts:

Libby: How weird is that coinsidense? Not that I believe it is. It a little too weird that she would pay for Desmonds coffee, sit down with this strange man for a bit, and then give away a gorgeous boat that her husband named after her. I think something's up. And it is a little too weird that her husband shares the same name name as Hurley's "imaginary friend" and that she first met him in an institution.

Henry Gale: Yeah, he is a creepy little twerp. Part of my wanted to punt him over the four-toed statue for being such a little twit.

Did anyone get chills when Siayid and Jack were hatching their plan to burn the special leaves that create black smoke?

J: Black smoke, huh?

S: Yes. This time they will know it means we are coming.

Penelope's Father: Call me crazy, but isn't he the same guy Jack was seeing in Season One when he thought he saw his father on the island? I'm almost positive that it is.

Kate: OMG. Sawyer or Jack!! Just pick one. *sigh*

Charlie and Claire: Yay!!!!! I love that they finally kissed.

No, Penelope's dad and Jack's dad are definitely different people. I just checked the Tivo recordings because you had piqued my interest lol

Different actors visually and in the credits. I was trying to dig up some screen caps online but my 15 mo. old is on a mission to destroy the world, so I'll look when I get back on later LOL

Originally Posted by HarleyQuin No, Penelope's dad and Jack's dad are definitely different people. I just checked the Tivo recordings because you had piqued my interest lol
Different actors visually and in the credits. I was trying to dig up some screen caps online but my 15 mo. old is on a mission to destroy the world, so I'll look when I get back on later LOL

No no no. LOL!! I totally get that they are two different people. What I was saying is the episode where Jack thinks that he's seeing his dad on the island... but its not his dad. I thought the person/image he did see was the person who played Penelope's dad. I could have totally been confused during the episode when he was seeing his dad though. I wasn't as addicted at the time. I'll have to grab Season 1 and double check now.

Plus, I had a big OC addiction at the time, so I might be mistaking Calen Nichol (same actor who played Penelope's dad) with scenes from Lost.

Ooooh! The obsession begins
scream3.gif
(But in a good way)

Lost connections will keep me entertained all summer
laughing.gif

I am so glad that there are so many Lost fans. Now I am going to have to dig up my season 1 DVD and watch it again. Hopedfully season 2 DVD will come out before the 3rd season starts.

I have a few questions:

Remember when they originally found the TNT, how come it was soooooooo easy for Eko to get it this time around?

What was the deal with the statue? Do you think that the smoke signal was Sayid & Co?

What happened with Bernard and Rose? They seem to feature everyone in this final episode except them.

I have a few questions:

Remember when they originally found the TNT, how come it was soooooooo easy for Eko to get it this time around?

They moved it from the French lady's boat, remember. I think that's how that guy blew himself up. And since Charlie was there when it happened, he knew where to find it.

What happened with Bernard and Rose? They seem to feature everyone in this final episode except them.

I don't know about Rose, but Bernard saved Claire and Aaron from the projectile hatch door

I want to know what's up with the statue too!

Back