Lumiere shipping?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cynthia,

You sound just like me. Seems like everytime I find something I really love, they stop making it, so now I am the queen of backups. I gave away all my BE face products (kept the eye stuff since they don't seem to have too much Bis. O) and it was sad to see a full back up go! I will definitely keep you posted on the latest haul of e/s

Above is what i wrote last week. 3 hours ago i received an email from them saying that my orders are completed and has been shipped. :scared: That's three weeks since i ordered..

Lumiere has a delphi forum, you can reach Kim directly there. She's been having some slow shipping problems as she is moving her office to another location. You can also check out other Lumiere customers' comments here. You have to register though but the information you get as a Lumiere customer is very helpful.

OK, edited this to copy-paste what Kim wrote on her Delphi forum:

"Hi Everyone!

I wanted to write to you and ask that for ANYONE that has not heard back from me in the past couple of weeks to please write again. I experienced alot of emails and must honestly say that with NO computers for 2 weeks, I know that some were missed, so PLEASE do ask again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have just finished searching around a little on another forum (one that I do not write on) and read posts from some that are very upset that I have not written them back or that it took 2 weeks to get their products when OTHER companies are sending faster.

I apologize that we have had a bumpy ride, especially with new customers the past few weeks but most ALL were out of our control.

I am very sorry that alot of you had to wait on an email, or on an order. This is NOT the way that we usually operate, as some of you know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My #1 priority is great customer service and it has killed me that I have not been able to extend that to each and every one of you on every order.

I ask of you girls if you are part of other forums to let others know that we are pretty much back to our regular business and if an email was left unanswered by me to PLEASE ask again.

Now, I know that I have upset a few because of this and I do apologize but at the same time, we are trying our best and have tried to keep everyone updated as we go along.

For those of you (and this is all of you wonderful girls here:) Thank YOU for understanding that we are trying to make things better and doing all we can!

Kim :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />"

Kim also mentioned in a different post over at delphi that the move is almost done, the FIVE feet of snow that fell is melting (WHEW!) and that they also have some new employees. She thinks things may be back to normal by the end of the week!

I think all those things, combined with not having the computers and the MAJOR influx of new orders they had really put the poor company in over it's head for a bit. But they are still an awesome company making awesome products at a great price, so I haven't minded waiting on my order...it is sooo hard, though, when you're so excited to get it!

Everything seems back on track because one of my orders arrived and friends have either gotten shipping notices or recieved their orders recently. I think the stuff is worth the wait!

Well it doesnt appear ill be getting the shadows I ordered. Right before I ordered from Lumiere, my credit card was stolen and instead of waiting for the replacement one I ordered and sent them a money order , well now they say they never got it ! I sent out other money orders, to Oceanmist and a couple other places and they got it no problem.I sent it on feb 2nd .

And to trace the money order would be more than the shadows!

So Im just going to stick with Oceanmist and Lily lolo , I really liked Raspberry margarita but there is no way im ordering from Lumiere again.

I had the same experience as another girl before me. I emailed Kim to check on the status of my order since it had been a few days and she sent me an email reply back that she had shipped my order. Obviously, this was not true since that was 2 weeks ago and I did not place a large order to begin with. I really liked Lumiere's products and their wide selection of foundation colors, however i believe that there was a better way to handle their building change. By the time a notice was put up I think that the move was already underway. If I had known before that Lumiere was moving and would not be able to process orders in a timely fashion I would not have ordered anything at that time, which is probably why advance notice was not given. I doubt that I will be ordering from this company again which is a shame because it seems like they had alot of potential. :frown:

I hate that some will be missing out on how great Lumiere is due to it's recent growing pains. If I had based my opinion of Monave on my first order, it wouldn't have been good. They didn't even process my order until I called after a week of hearing nothing. They said it would ship the next day and I'd get a shipping notice but had to call again because never received the shipping notice but they confirmed that it was shipped at least.

I ordered from Val and she had a long delay before processing my order and shipping too. With both companies, I have been happy with the products so I would have missed out greatly if I just quit them because of the shipping taking longer than usual.

Cynthia,

I feel for you especially because you lost the money through money order but honestly it could be the mail rather than Lumiere. At the last place we lived, the mail service was HORRIBLE! I routinely got mail for the same number several streets over that also had "Green" in the street name- and vice versa. One evening someone was at my door with a package- they were in a completely different neighborhood and didn't even have a street name even close to mine.

I distinctly remember having to get stuff resent from BE (QVC orders) a few times because I never received them because of the mail. Doesn't make me trust the mail service so much. I spent over $100 sending in tax forms this year to make sure they were certified and I got confirmation because I have so little trust in the mail system! I feel so badly that you are missing out on the Lumiere e/s you ordered. Send me a PM and I will share my latest order with you!! I could never use the colors up and feel you should get something!! Dayna

What a nice thing to do! I have reordered samples from Lumiere....and Monave...I just can't decide.

I just wanted to second all that Hoozy said. Lumiere is a wonderful company, and Kim provides excellent, personal customer service. It has been a little bumpy lately....it's taken much longer to get orders, and she hasn't been able to answer her emails quite as often.

She is also asking that if anyone on any forum that a Lumiere customer frequents knows of someone who has been trying to email her and they got no response, or if you placed an order and didn't recieve it yet, she really wants you to email her personally. You can get to her email from her website under the "contact us" tab.

I can't speak for Kim, but she will do anything she can to make you happy. Just explain to her about the money order. She may be able to send you something.

Anyway, don't give up on Lumiere if you really want to try it. It is currently my HG and that is after sampling more than a dozen other companies.

I agree with Hoozey and Christy. I'm just letting Kim fix the kinks in her system then I'm gonna be up and ready to order again! I'm ordering next month, so excited to try the Lumiere kabuki, more veena blushes (my HG blushes!), and silk powder.

Just wanted to say I got Honey brown e/s and love it! The blush was pretty good too, but I have only wore the foundation 2 times. It wasn't as great the second time as the first. I will however be ordering some e/s and blush from them again. I think I'll stick with my liquid foundation for now.

I ordered more samples from Lumiere on the 19th.I got an email yesterday saying they had been shipped. No word from Valerie though..but that was just 2 days ago.I ordered from Oceanmist last night and got an email today saying that it had shipped.

Wow! Email from Val today.Samples ship on Monday. :rockwoot:

Got my Lumiere order today...I'm glad they seem to be getting caught up, they've just got great stuff!

When did you place your order? I'm only at the one week mark. I admit, I'm impatient. Right now I have 2 Lumiere orders, littlestuff4u, Colorful Sprinkles and Mad all hopefully on their way to my mailbox soon. We were out of town today and when we came back home, my husband told me that I got a makeup order. I did the happy jig, but unfortunately, it turned out to be some business books he ordered. Darn. I let my girls order about 10 eyeshadows from the varying companies, then I ordered about 45 empty jars so they can share. I think I'm more excited for them to get some fun stuff than for my own stuff to arrive.

I placed my order on the 10th, which was well after the computer glitch they had, but before they didn't have computers for a few days during the move and the major snowstorm they had, so I kinda figured mine was going to take a while.

I know, I'm so impatient for the new stuff, too! Kim had posted on the delphi forums that things should be back to normal this week. They are having to catch up on the orders that put behind, but I'm sure it will settle down and they'll be able to go back to normal processing and shipping times! Until the move, I always got Lumiere orders within a week!

Thanks mnemosyne. I hope with all my outstanding orders that something fun arrives this week. This is what happens when you don't have a Sephora close by. You pace the floors waiting for the mailman.

Back