Lumiere's shipping costs and MMU companies' responsibility for lost items

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake, mut of been for us US customers only. Either way I think she offers grat choices for shipping. Something to fit everyones needs.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif i don't think i've ever heard of a company paying for free international shipping...it's just too expensive. i have seen it, but mostly it's offered after a certain amount in your purchase, or it's only during a short period of time. but i've never seen a makeup company doing it year round and for all international orders. for a small order of eye pigments or samples, it's quite affordable because i know in my country under 200g you just need a special enveloppe (those with bubble wrap inside) and pay the price of an international letter.but above you need a package and even the smallest will cost more money. let's not even talk of tracked mail, with the insurance and signature options.

There are just too many good large and small MMU companies to bother dealing with the ones who make ordering difficult. I've always felt that Lumiere and Aromaleigh [and there are probably others] make the color choices too complicated, with their dozens of choices.

Originally Posted by JoyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are just too many good large and small MMU companies to bother dealing with the ones who make ordering difficult. I've always felt that Lumiere and Aromaleigh [and there are probably others] make the color choices too complicated, with their dozens of choices. I like having lots of choices. I first started with BE and never got the right match even mixing. So once I cam to Lumiere I loved that I had so many choices. Not everyones skin fits into a nice 6 color area. Some of us need more choices. I am thankful for the companies that give lots of choice.

AHEM, let's not make this thread about color choices! Please? Thanks!
smile.gif

I am not making this into a thread about color choices. I was only making a comment to the OP's comment. I like companies with lots of choices. I certinley don't see how I am changing this thread.

I am not making this into a thread about color choices. I was only making a comment to the OP's comment. I like companies with lots of choices. I certinley don't see how I am changing this thread.

Ah I must have read wrong.. I could have sworn there were at least 4 different posts about colors.. Oh well.. Maybe MUT being down for a few minutes had something to do with it..

Oh wow I never even thought ab my packages getting lost in the mail!! I need check my mmu's policy.

yea some companies want you to pay extra for insurance and stuff like that which i hate. there are companies who DON'T make you pay for insurance which i definitely prefer.

I just had to jump in here. Regardless of a company's policies, it's their responsibility to make sure that the package is delievered to the customer (or replace it if it's not). Things do get lost in the mail from time to time and it's not the mmu company's fault, but as was said in the thread, if it's a huge # of packages, then something else is wrong. If they're not willing to fix a package not delivered - by replacing or refunding or whatever, it's time to take it up with the credit card that was used to make the purchase. Always fund your paypal payment with a credit card if paying with paypal. That way you can take it up with the credit card company if needed. You have that protection. The great thing about it is that most companies give you 6 months-1 year to dispute a purchase. I've never had to do so, but it's nice to know that I have the protection.

I can relate as I live in Canada. I love Lumiere - BUT I haven't placed an order since all this shipping hoo-rah (I think it was free shipping last time I ordered?). It sucks... I will NOT pay that much. Period. No Way. But I am looking at the bottom sprinkles of my foundation jar from them (HG) and am not sure what to do... :/

The point of my post was really to say: Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Fyrinnae have free International shipping for all orders over $25 - I think that's awesome. I just placed another order with them because of it.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I order from this site a few times.. and I didnt know about all this.. Have you ever had a package from Lumiere go missing? Basically I think if you don't pay for the insured shipping and it doesn't arrive they won't replace it for you. I don't understand how this works all the time though - because I know I have heard Karen at Silk Naturals say that they have their own insurance thing that covers them if packages go missing and then they will reship them if you don't receive it. I guess I don't understand if some companies can do this with no problem and others can't or won't?

i definitely agree with you carmonious. i've ordered from a lot of companies (MMU and non-MMU) and i've never had to pay for shipping. i'm sure all of these companies have a form of insurance, but they don't pass that on to the customer.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever had a package from Lumiere go missing? Basically I think if you don't pay for the insured shipping and it doesn't arrive they won't replace it for you. I don't understand how this works all the time though - because I know I have heard Karen at Silk Naturals say that they have their own insurance thing that covers them if packages go missing and then they will reship them if you don't receive it. I guess I don't understand if some companies can do this with no problem and others can't or won't? I'v never had apckage from Lumiere go missing. I think Lumiere have the best shipping time from all the brand I order from. I live in Israel and the post here is not the best and from Lumiere I get packages in 6 days.. its very very fast.

but regredfully some packages from ather brand went missing.

its make me very sad but I have nothing to do.

I hope the brands that I buy from them will understand that things like that can happend and concider it..

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'v never had apckage from Lumiere go missing. I think Lumiere have the best shipping time from all the brand I order from. I live in Israel and the post here is not the best and from Lumiere I get packages in 6 days.. its very very fast.

but regredfully some packages from ather brand went missing.

its make me very sad but I have nothing to do.

I hope the brands that I buy from them will understand that things like that can happend and concider it..

I am not trying to tell you not to order from Lumiere but just be aware of their policies - it says in big letters on the shipping page that the only shipping method that is guaranteed is USPS Express domestic and international. If you choose another shipping method other than that and your order doesn't arrive or is damaged they won't be responsible to reship or refund your order. I don't know what the cost of that shipping method internationally is but here in the US it's $20, and I don't know that I'm willing to pay that - but then again if my order didn't arrive and the shipper (Lumiere) wouldn't take any responsibility I'd be mad about that too - I do know that if I chose to pay the express shipping charges I'd expect my order to be delivered pretty much overnight - and I'm only about half-kidding when I say that - !!

I know that you didnt tell me that .. lol !! my english isnt so good..

what I trying to say that I hope my package will not go lost becouse I have no money to pay for the pricy shipping.. !! I cant pay for a packge 20 $ and for the shipping more 20$... this is crazy..

Back