Luxor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my shipping notification email, but it says shipped 5/8/15, so I hope that means tomorrow. The post office doesn't have any info on it yet.

Got my box!

Snip20150509_2.png

I really love the Lisa Stewart earrings I received.  They are stunning. I also received a vanilla body scrub (which I don't think I could ever get open), a Lavender & Bergomot body oil (beautiful smell but I wouldn't use it on my body), sugar beads for tea, self tanner (excited to try), a lip balm, and a beautiful tea light holder. I don't know if I think this is worth the 96.00 to me yet, but I do like a lot of these items, and the earrings/tea light/bronzer may be enough to make it worth it for me.

I received the same box with a different style of tea light holder.

I LOVE the earrings. They are beautiful, delicate & classic. I'm keeping those.

The bronzer I'm excited to try & will be perfect for giving my legs an extra glow in dresses this summer.

I'll keep the sugar scrub because I wax & use one every time I shower.

And I'll keep the sugar balls because it's....well, sugar.

The rest is going in my gift cabinet & up for swap.

I do like that all of the items are well packaged & gifty, but I don't really need more gift items right now. I would have been happier with a lower priced box considering it's very beauty heavy. I'm most happy with the earrings & bronzer but this will probably be my last box.

I didn't subscribe, but I think the box is very nice.  I wouldn't have used most of the products, but I figured out the second spoiler was going to be the RCK and almost bit then.  It looks like a really great product and I can't wait to read everyone's reviews on it.  The rest I would have gifted, so for me I can't see paying $100 just for the RCK and some gifts for friends/hostesses, etc.  I'm glad others I've read about are happy with their boxes and I can't wait to see what Luxor does in their next few boxes.

EDIT - spelling errors (ugh!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my box today and it's ok, nothing I'm excited about, but things I'm willing to try. I tried the lip balm, but it felt like it was just sitting on my lips and did not sink in - I ended up putting my normal balm on. My tea candle holder is the triple pearls design and this is something new to me but not the candle, I have been subbing to boxes for only 4 months and in that time I have gotten 3. I do like the earrings and will wear them. I gave the sugar scrub away (just opened a new jar from a different brand) and will give the oil and RCK a try. I wish 3 items weren't from the same brand. I'm going to stick around for the next box and if I'm not wowed, cancel.

Overall impression is that I generally liked this box, although I won't be able to use all of the products, especially the lavender items, but I still like to see the types of items that were included. This did feel like a luxury box with the types of products and the quality of them and they way they were packaged. Everything was full size also. The overall value is $255.95, so the box met the $250 value we were promised. With that said, I do hope the box continues to improve. I've found that with newer subs it's generally the 2nd or 3rd box that really wows.

Overall impression is that I generally liked this box, although I won't be able to use all of the products, especially the lavender items, but I still like to see the types of items that were included. This did feel like a luxury box with the types of products and the quality of them and they way they were packaged. Everything was full size also. The overall value is $255.95, so the box met the $250 value we were promised. With that said, I do hope the box continues to improve. I've found that with newer subs it's generally the 2nd or 3rd box that really wows.
Hopefully they maintain or even improve. I've had the opposite experience with new subs-they start strong with an amazing first box or two then drop off in quality dramatically thereafter (usually when I sub, lol).

Just wanted to say that the RCK tanner is amazing. I am very pale and this gives me the best glow ever. It made the entire box worth it for me. Everything else feels like a bonus. 
I'm glad to hear that, I haven't tried it yet! 

Just wanted to say that the RCK tanner is amazing. I am very pale and this gives me the best glow ever. It made the entire box worth it for me. Everything else feels like a bonus.
Thanks for letting us know. I think I'll look for it to trade or buy.

I just realized I didn't have money in the account I have Pay Pal linked to. Whoops. Totally my fault, no wonder they suspended my account lol. Now the question is.. do I put money in the account to get the box or do I forget it.. hmmm.

If anyone wants to trade me for the RCK tanner, please send me a message and I can share my list of tradeworthy items on MSA.  Thanks!

There is a photo of a tree of life necklace on Robyn Rhodes' facebook page that is not available on the website; could this possibly be our piece? I've never guessed anything right before; I don't have the skills some of you guys have! 

II like the items shown in the second spoiler. I can see my younger son repurposing them for his hotwheel cars using the one thing as a lake or the cat sleeping in an item. I'm not going to subscribe, but I do like the second spoiler.

I'm not a subscriber either but like the spoiler. Rooting for people who have this subscription!

Back