Mac Barbie collection...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Mac, she was real nice showing me the catalog of the barbie collection and tried to get me to sign up to get done. Though I liked the purple I recently got. I couldn't imagine hot pink, though it looks good on me, I can imagine what people think of a guy wearing not just makeup but hot pink makeup. She was also suggesting the bright almost neon lipstick all glossy with blue undertones. So lets be real here. Does anyone seen anything in the barbie collection a guy could realisticly wear? I suppose that might depend on how it's done.

the beauty powders are really great. Im not sure about the eyeshadows since im allergic. lol get some blushes too!!

Beauty powders? What is exactly is that? Eyeshadows are cool, I just can't resist all the colors, but don't wear it that often. Just too tired to do myself up after work, and going nowhere. I really need to step it up.

The beauty powder looked really nice. I was tempted to buy one, but they're almost like MSF's. The makeup artist told us that she would use a blush, and then use the beauty powder on top to give it a shimmery glow. She also said putting it on your nose would give it a nice touch of color. That's as far as I know about beauty powders...lol

I bought all the e/s as well. I think whistle is a nice neutral color which you could wear everyday and not look too bold or bright since it's like a pale beige. I really love the Springtime skipper. It's almost like Golder's Green pigment ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

UK UPDATE!!

Release is deffo 1st March looks like we aint getting the quad

and there will only be 14 dolls avaliable in the UK and those will all be sold at Harvey Nicholls in London

another update for those in the UK

the doll will cost £28 (oh yes surprise surprise we pay a fortune compered to US prices) and harvey nicholls *SHOULD* be getting the Dollymix quad in, i dont get how 2 weeks away from release they can only say should, surely they should know for sure by now

I got my package in the mail from MAC today!

I got a t-shirt, all 4 lipglasses, the 5 lipsticks, 4 e/s (springtime skipper, magic dust, moth brown, playful), Pearl Sunshine Beauty Powder, and the black liquid last liner (not a limited edition item).

For me the things I really loved after having a bit of a play were: the beauty powder (dang, I so should have got both!), skipper e/s, sweet and single L/S and the malibu barbie lipglass (perfect replacement for a Stephane Marais one that I have been using sparingly since his brand got the can).

RE: Moth Brown E/S - what on earth was all the fuss for??? Sure, it's nice, but it is such a generic greyish colour!

I just snagged the very last beauty powder in Pearl Blossom from my MAC counter! It's beautiful applied on top of blushes. It is a little like MSFs but not as frosty, just a subtle sheen. I am not surprised to know that this is sold out. It really is beautiful and "de-flats" the entire face, giving it a certain lift.

So I was looking at the Barbie Collection at the MAC website to buy some stuff and some of the stuff that I thought were sold out or I thought were in stock now say Comming Soon ?

And I'm happy that I snagged Fashion Leader and Pearl Blossom because now they are sold out!

Barbie is so 90's everyone is over them, so why would anyone want to look like one. pluss they have freakishly long necks ad there is WAYYY to much pink in that collection. What were MAC thinking :madno: :stupid2: :s: :nixweiss: :tonton: :plthumbsdown: :wtf: :doh:

I totally agree! Thats why I wanted to get a backup lol!

And I think MAC knew what they were thinking because I believe this is their most successful collection yet. And I do love em pinks.

I have to agree, this is one of their best collections!

They really hit the nail on the head with this one. I wish I had the cash to get back-up on some of these colors, but I guess I'm going to have to go easy, lol!

I really love the colors, they're gorgeous! Call me a sucker, but I really liked Rocking Chick! Very pretty, and very fun to wear!

their best collection! seriously! the colors suit everyone! versatile!

& the packagginnng is so adorable!

i cant even think of any fav item from this collection, every single item is a must-have

especially the beautypowders & fab blush!!

Latest posts

Back