MAC Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this in light medium, I got it at nordstrom..I'm an NC30 by the way, Filipina with yellow undertones. I thought light medium will be so light for my skintone. I did a swatch on my chin and forehead and its a perfect match for me. I heard also that this turns dark the more you buff it in your face or if you have oily skin so i guess its a perfect shade for me. This has Bismuth oxychloride in the ingredients though, I know some are allergic to this, I never tried BE before so I dont know the effect of bismuth...but I have sensitive skin and I've been using this for a week now since I bought it and so far so good, no breakouts and I really like this!

yea a lot of the more mainstream brands have bismuth in it, which is why i avoid them.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif yea a lot of the more mainstream brands have bismuth in it, which is why i avoid them. this is what I thinking.. with bismuth.. but this is not 100% minerals like EDM or somthing simmiler?

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is what I thinking.. with bismuth.. but this is not 100% minerals like EDM or somthing simmiler?

I dont know if all the ingredients in MAC are pure minerals or not.... but I'm guessing not.. EDM and similar brands and very pure, simple, and minimal. But that doesnt stop me from wanting to try the MAC minerals.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't think they had it yet because I didn't see it on the Mac website. However, Nordys had it in 4 shades. I bought the color Light/Medium. The product is "Mineralize SPF15 Foundation/Loose". It cost $29 for .30 US OZ.
The ingredient list is long, but here goes:

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 7%

Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

Thank you for that! I've seen much worse ingredient lists in other brands of mineral makeup.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is what I thinking.. with bismuth.. but this is not 100% minerals like EDM or somthing simmiler?

i mean technically bismuth is a mineral, but it's not very good for you.

I have dry skin with a fairly light complexion. I'm 41, never had any major breakouts or skin issues. Most of the other minerals I've tried are too powdery and feel dry and cakey, no matter how much I put on. I tried my old EDM today with my new Mac brush, but it was still too cakey. To me, the Mac feels different. I had been wearing Mac Studio Fix N5 and then switched to Mac Moisture blend foundation NC15 for winter. I think the Light/Medium is the perfect mineral shade for me. I'll continue testing it, but so far I love it.

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have dry skin with a fairly light complexion. I'm 41, never had any major breakouts or skin issues. Most of the other minerals I've tried are too powdery and feel dry and cakey, no matter how much I put on. I tried my old EDM today with my new Mac brush, but it was still too cakey. To me, the Mac feels different. I had been wearing Mac Studio Fix N5 and then switched to Mac Moisture blend foundation NC15 for winter. I think the Light/Medium is the perfect mineral shade for me. I'll continue testing it, but so far I love it. I'm curious to try this as well! What shade did you wear for EDM?

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have dry skin with a fairly light complexion. I'm 41, never had any major breakouts or skin issues. Most of the other minerals I've tried are too powdery and feel dry and cakey, no matter how much I put on. I tried my old EDM today with my new Mac brush, but it was still too cakey. To me, the Mac feels different. I had been wearing Mac Studio Fix N5 and then switched to Mac Moisture blend foundation NC15 for winter. I think the Light/Medium is the perfect mineral shade for me. I'll continue testing it, but so far I love it. are you putting too much EDM on? when there's too much on, sometimes it looks cakey. mineral makeup is counterintuitive, you need very little for full coverage on your face.

I think I used the shared Fairly Light in EDM. I used up what I had and threw the container away the other day. I tried all the different finishes and a few different colors. I kept trying to put less and less on, but it always seemed cakey on me. The Mac so far doesn't. I've had a hard time finding a mineral makeup that I like, but Mac may be the one for me.

Hi Everyone:

I'm an NC35, and I currently use Medium Plus in the Mineralized SkinFinish Natural (The pressed version.) I'm going to get the loose powder soon, and i'm not sure whether I should go for Medium or Medium Plus. I heard the colors are darker in this collection?

I'm thinking of going for Medium but that might be too light for me.. How much darker are these powders than the pressed kind?

Has anyone heard of MAC mineral make up? Do you know if it is 100% pure mineral with no additives? I am a die-hard MAC fiend but I can't where the foundation because it breaks me out BAD! So I have been wearing ELF (eyeslipsface.com) mineral make up but I would love to use MAC if its any good. Anyone know anything about it?? Thanks

Many thanks! I was looking for a thread but couldn't find one. Thanks again!

Its $29 at Nordstrom's (in Las Vegas, anyway) and I didn't get it because the girl didn't have much info on it and I wanted to read up on it before I made the investment. If it works well, it will be a dream come true!

Back