MAC Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the big step and purchased it today. I will post again everyone once I have had a chance to use and develop an educated opinion.

I've been using mine for a while now, and I love it. It give my face a much more natural look than I was able to get with the EDM I tried. It lasts all day as well.

yes plase keep us up to date!! I want to know how it works
smile.gif

So far so good!!! I am dark skinned african-american woman and the color is a really good match for me. I get a really smooth application and a very natural look. If things drastically change and my face suddenly turns into a pizza, you'll hear about it
smile.gif
I went to MAC again yesterday (they're everywhere in Vegas) and the sales rep told me that they are 100% natural.

Originally Posted by tyarishanese /img/forum/go_quote.gif I took the big step and purchased it today. I will post again everyone once I have had a chance to use and develop an educated opinion. Originally Posted by tyarishanese /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far so good!!! I am dark skinned african-american woman and the color is a really good match for me. I get a really smooth application and a very natural look. If things drastically change and my face suddenly turns into a pizza, you'll hear about it
smile.gif
I went to MAC again yesterday (they're everywhere in Vegas) and the sales rep told me that they are 100% natural. COOL!
Thanks for the info, keep us posted!

this is the ingredients list:

ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 7 %Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

this is 100 netural?

I keep saying I'm a MMU purist but I just tried it and it was surprisingly good. I used Medium Plus and I'm NC30. It looked very natural and lasted the whole day; and the best part was it didn't break me out, considering that ALL of MAC's foundations broke me out (of course except this).

i tried the mineral makeup at the store and the ma there frowned and said "maybe minerals aren't for you" it was just too orange for me! but i hope it works for you!!!

I've been curious about this , and really tempted to try it . I am kinda new to MAC , but if it doesn't work out , don't they take returns ?

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is the ingredients list:ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 7 %Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

this is 100 netural?

In MAC speak this is 100% natural, but in reality it is not. Methicone is a silicone, Yellow 5 Lake is a synthetic dye, Chlorphenesin is a synthetic preservative. Plus with oils added (wheat Germ Oil) you have to watch out for rancididty. The only antioxidant is Vitamin E Acetate, so this will have a shelf life, unlike other MMU that is inert. Also , based on the ingredients list it would appear this is mostly mica. The Titanim is listed as an active due to the SPF claims, so it is out of order. But Mica is first, then Barley extract which we don't know if it is a powder of oil, then the next 7 ingredients are liquid. Based on the FDA laws of listing by predominance, we can assume these are not in a large quantity since the product is still a loose powder not a cream or oil product. Now pigments are supposed to be listed last after all other ingredients, but since they went against tradition and listed the Mica first, we can assume they are actually using the descending order for all ingredients. Because these products are not all extremely dark, and Iron Oxides is near the front of the powder pigments line up, then we come to the conclusion that in essence this powder is mostly mica. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but there ya go.
kopfkratz.gif
Pretty sure I will not be hitting the MAC store anytime soon. LOL.

the lady at the counter was nice enough to tell me that they weren't real mineral foundations and i was grateful she didn't try to pass it off as a true mineral foundation. i hope no one got told they were true mineral foundations.

Originally Posted by renbray /img/forum/go_quote.gif the lady at the counter was nice enough to tell me that they weren't real mineral foundations and i was grateful she didn't try to pass it off as a true mineral foundation. i hope no one got told they were true mineral foundations. what do you mean? mac's mineral foundation is not a real foundation? I hope I understand you well becouse my english not so good.. lol !

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif what do you mean? mac's mineral foundation is not a real foundation? I hope I understand you well becouse my english not so good.. lol !

ah ha. sorry my english isn't too good either and i've been speaking it since i was a baby! no, it's a real foundation it's just not a real "mineral" foundation. it isn't purely minerals like other true mineral foundations. it has a few minerals in it with a lot of other fillers in it as well. so it's not a true "mineral" foundation.

OMG!! I went to MAC yesterday and treid the loose mineral powder its amazing!! I looked flawless and lately I've been breaking otu cuz I normally use proactive but I ran out so while I was waiting for my next shipment I starte dusing another soap that made me break out.So newho I told the lady and she recommended it and it covered EVERYTHING!! I had it on all day and it stood on flawlesly.Im going back to buy it Friday!! =) WOOP WOOP MAC IS CRACK

Originally Posted by renbray /img/forum/go_quote.gif the lady at the counter was nice enough to tell me that they weren't real mineral foundations and i was grateful she didn't try to pass it off as a true mineral foundation. i hope no one got told they were true mineral foundations. Cool, thanks for the info. But, still I'm curious to try lol

Back