MAC Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by renbray /img/forum/go_quote.gif the lady at the counter was nice enough to tell me that they weren't real mineral foundations and i was grateful she didn't try to pass it off as a true mineral foundation. i hope no one got told they were true mineral foundations. I'd like to know what you mean by that too. What makes it not a "real mineral foundation." I bought it, and I love it compared to the other minerals I've tried (EDM & Lum).

I prefer the Mac. EDM & Lumiere were just too powdery for me. The Mac minerals gives me just the right coverage.

does the mac settle into pores like say BE does..I used that forever and then it seemed more and more like it made me look worse than wearing no makeup at all? Does it have the same 'glowy' look like other MMUs?

I have dry skin, and I don't feel like it settles into my pores at all. I didn't like the glowy look of EDM or Lumiere, and the Mac minerals don't look glowy on me like the other ones.

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have dry skin, and I don't feel like it settles into my pores at all. I didn't like the glowy look of EDM or Lumiere, and the Mac minerals don't look glowy on me like the other ones. that is awesome because I don't need help looking shiney at all. I need the opposite..is this good with keeping skin matte?

Cool yea like I said I tried the MAC minerals the other day n loved it but I just wanted to get a few opinions before I spent 30 bucks on it.Do u use the caplicator or a brush?

Sometimes I use the capilator, when I'm in a rush. And it works okay. But I get the best results when I use a stippling brush or a kabuki.

I love my MAC mineral foundation, but I'm thinking about taking it back.. their lightest shade just isn't light enough for me. I wish I could lighten it somehow, but I don't wanna add anything to it.. I'm scared it would mess up the formulation and reduce the lasting power or something.

I went to my Macy's store that hosts MAC and tried the MMU. Well, I don't know if it was the why they applied it or if it was the product line but it is very light coverage. My MAC counter acts so put off when I want to apply something myself...I just want to do it myself because I know I'm more 'heavy handed'. I know, I know...it's a customer service thang. Anyways, if you like medium to full coverage-this may not be for you.

Also, the colors are weird. For summer, I tan and the medium plus was too light for me and the medium dark was orange-ish.

I like Monave for full coverage, BE (wet) for medium coverage and Sheercover for light coverage.

Good luck ladies!

ps...IMO, L'oreal MMU has better coverage but it made me break out.

OK...so I bought this a couple of weeks ago while I was in Albuquerque and I love it! The MUA matched me up to Medium Plus and it really REALLY gives me awesome coverage! I use Dior Skinflash on my problem areas and then apply the MAC Mineralize foundation with the applicator sponge. (I like to set a tissue down and sprinkle the powder on it and take it from there!) I apply it all over my face, then I take the 182 kabuki and mist it with Fix+, dab the moist brush in a little more powder and buff away. It looks AWESOME. I love it, and I noticed that my complexion doesn't look as "dull" as it can get when I wear the Studio Fix Liquid. I had only tried BE minerals before and HATED it!

Has anyone else tried this recently?? Ladies are you still using it/planning on re-purchasing?

I love this product but I cannot get the right shade. I have yellow tones and I find it is a little pink for me. I was so dissapointed!

I am now trying everyday minerals. I like Mac better!

I use the loose mineral powder with the sponge applicator, although I ignore the sponge and use a brush like a normal MMU. I normally don't buy much from MAC, but this stuff looked too good to resist. I have it in Light and it works GREAT. My mom and I wear the same shade and she's just slightly darker than me, but the color works on both of us(it is yellow-toned). It does not bother my skin like BE did and covers wonderfully. I am very fair and normally wear the lightest neutral shade of EDM and IYL of Aromaleigh...BE Fair is too pink for me. The MAC blends in with my skin very well and gives me a natural glow like I have nothing on(it is also not heavy and feels like I have nothing on). I haven't decided yet if it's my HG, but it's definitely close enough for now. As far as whether it is "true" mineral makeup...I don't really know. I do know it has more than, say, 6 ingredients though. My biggest concern is staying away from all the fillers and crap in liquid and making sure my skin can breathe.

Back