Makeup brands you don't want to try?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ladychris11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom Ford, but omly because I might get addicted!
OMG, same here! I want to try some of the blush and the lipstick. But the prices, holy moly! I've heard TF is very, very addicting. It's not really so much high end, it's definitely a luxury brand. 

OMG, same here! I want to try some of the blush and the lipstick. But the prices, holy moly! I've heard TF is very, very addicting. It's not really so much high end, it's definitely a luxury brand. 
Lol me too! Blushes and lipsticks, I mean. Been eyeing LoveLust and Wicked, as well as the pale peachy pink shimmery blush but I'm afraid I might end up getting all three if I indulge in one. I'm also a lipstick addict, and I've been wondering what makes Tom Ford worth the price tag, but again, I'm also afraid that I might end up getting more shades than I plan to!

Originally Posted by Ladychris11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol me too! Blushes and lipsticks, I mean. Been eyeing LoveLust and Wicked, as well as the pale peachy pink shimmery blush but I'm afraid I might end up getting all three if I indulge in one. I'm also a lipstick addict, and I've been wondering what makes Tom Ford worth the price tag, but again, I'm also afraid that I might end up getting more shades than I plan to!
i've been eyeing all of the blushes! I'm just afraid that if I buy one, it's gonna be like knocking over dominoes lol. 

my best friend is pretty much the exact shade of pale that it seems you are in the photo. she has just the same problem and she's always embaressed when MAC tells her they dont have her shade and they always suggest she goes tanning. she loves her pale skin and i wish i had it. you'd think MAC of all the places would have something for pale skin. it's a shame that companies single out the paler skintones

MAC offers a white Face and Body foundation that can be mixed with foundation to lighten it. I don't know why that wasn't told to you.

Originally Posted by KatieM12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my best friend is pretty much the exact shade of pale that it seems you are in the photo. she has just the same problem and she's always embaressed when MAC tells her they dont have her shade and they always suggest she goes tanning. she loves her pale skin and i wish i had it. you'd think MAC of all the places would have something for pale skin. it's a shame that companies single out the paler skintones

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MAC offers a white Face and Body foundation that can be mixed with foundation to lighten it. I don't know why that wasn't told to you.
Seriously?! When I was at a MAC store, I was basically told that they didn't have anything for me because I'm too pasty. I wonder why they didn't mention that?

Originally Posted by Smahama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why? I'm just curious because NARS is one of my favorite brands.
I'm a huge fan of NARS blushes. They're pigmented and pretty but not too pigmented that I look like a clown.

Lime Crime. I would never spend any money on a company as shady as that.  
YES! Funny story- Lime Crime offered to send me a bunch of free makeup to use as a makeup artist and review online, I said NO THANKS!

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NARS doesn't appeal to me at all. 
Ditto! Way to expensive for things i can find better of. 40 dollars for makeup? no thanks!

Kat Von D.

Why:

"celebutard"

Yea, I'm not always the most politically correct/sensitive person in the world, but, ugh, she is gross. That is the tip of the iceberg

of why I loathe her and would loathe myself if I supported her with my purchases. 

for the ladies talking about tom ford:

the last time i went to the CCO (cosmetic company outlet) i saw they had tom ford lipsticks for $29 (as opposed to $49, i believe). might want to check there :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always thought that Philosophy is totally overrated.

As for makeup, I agree on CoverGirl not being all that great. Their products just look and feel cheap and the formulas don't mesh well with my skin, and their mascara also makes my lashes very brittle :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also don't like elf, the smell of their products reminds me of the smell of dyes.

I do like Physicians Formula bronzers and blushes, and recently I started using their organic mascara (one that comes in a "leaf" tube) and I feel like my lashes are getting longer and stronger.

I like the Philosophy 3 in 1 shower gels, especially to take to the gym or pool. Other than that...meh. The fragrance sprays are a little too wimpy for my liking and never seem to last long. Some of the lip glosses just taste like poison and I don't like how they feel on the lips. The makeup line in general is no great shakes. I was just messing around with HSN.com and saw Signature Club A, which may be a reworking of the old Adrien Arpel line but not sure...I could never bring myself to order any of that stuff. It always seems that when a pile of makeup comes with a tote bag, and more time is spent gushing over the bag than the makeup, run like hell! I'm in the target demographic--over 40--and that kind of bugs me too. 46 is not old, but I feel like I'm going to end up getting emails for free Depends samples and Poligrip if I buy the stuff.

I have no interest in trying MAC products. A lot of the time, I don't see anything in the collections that appeal to me. And I've always heard mixed reviews on their nail polishes. Also, when I went to a MAC store for the first time, I couldn't even get any kind of customer service. I did not even receive a "hello" or "goodbye". I was disappointed since the store was completely empty and there were four people working there. You'd think they would have wanted the business! I was looking forward to buying my first MAC product, but after that experience I don't know if I will ever purchase from them. On the other hand, I love Urban Decay because when I went to a Macy's in Chicago as soon as I entered the UD section, I had a sales associate helping me find exactly what I wanted. She also gave me tips on how to apply different products and which ones she recommended for my skin tone. Customer service tends to make or break a company for me. 

I also normally steer clear of Cover Girl products. I purchased an eyeshadow from them and the pigmentation was awful! It barely showed up on my lid even with primer. I also have no desire to try Physician's Formula or Almay. Neither of those brands have anything that really appeals to me. 

It's hard-breaking to hear all of these stories about horrible service at MAC. I don't know what the problem is! I know there's a real issue because too many people are complaining about the same thing for it to just be a coincidence. That's too bad because I don't have any problems when I go to MAC. Well, then again I'm pretty aggressive when it comes to service. I'll go in there and ask for help instead of waiting. There was one time that they were really busy and there was only 2 associates working so I just started grabbing what I wanted and got in line. If they see you doing that, they'll rush over because they don't want people serving themselves.

Back