Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for all the sweet replies and compliments!  You can see most of the Martha Stewart stackable items I have here:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/martha-stewart-home-office/stack_fit_desk_accessories.html

Check around when you're ready to buy because they offer several 40% off and $10 off coupons for her stuff throughout the year.  Staples is on eBates as well.  The textured-laminated coating is holding up really well in our bathroom's humidity.  That was my only concern and I've been really pleased so far!

See Jane Work also has a lot of colorful / fun organization products (both at Office Depot and their website):

http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/seejanework/shop/  (edited because O.D. link won't launch - please copy / paste this in browser)

http://www.seejanework.com/productcart/pc/Desk-Sets-Accessories-c141.htm?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=1&page=2&idCategory=141&viewAll=yes

I have a 6 drawer thing from Walmart..kinda like the alex drawers from ikea for my blushes,bronzers, lipsticks..ect and I use the muji drawers for my eyeshadows...primers, concealers ect... my stash is very organized..it took me a bit to get it to how it is now

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's great to finally start feeling like "me" again - I'm so excited to have the opportunity to share with like-minded people who "understand"!

I'm so glad you're feeling more like 'you' again, and I'm so glad you shared your collection with us. It's so drool-worthy and I love looking at these pictures!

I was wondering something- did you do any updates after Christmas like you  mentioned? If so, I'd be interested in seeing!

Also, how do you have your brushes standing in those Martha Stewart organizers? Did you get some beads to put in there or something?

*** I feel the need to preface this by saying I am aware of the issues posed by storing makeup in a bathroom. It was the only option available to me when I moved into my current residence, which is a very small townhouse. I looked into the risks and the negatives, and I made sure my boyfriend and I took precautions to make everything safe and clean. All of my cosmetics are kept in makeup bags, we always keep the lid closed and have a sign for guests to do the same when flushing, and we leave the door wide open during showers/baths so that no heat/moisture accumulates in the room. The white over-the-toilet rack is definitely getting pitched when we move if it doesn't give out on me sooner! Starting on the top left basket- I have products sorted by type in small makeup bags (lip products, face, etc.) The middle basket has all of my palettes and single shadows, plus I have my eyeliners inside a stila tin. The basket on the right has my Monday Club picks for each week so all I have to do is put that basket on the sink when I do my makeup. The large basket on the left below has hair products and body lotions, and makeup bags with categories of product in them (backups, hair ties, bobby pins, etc.) The basket on the right has my brushes, combs, hair dryer and the like. You can kind of tell my straightener is looped around the brackets on the left side. On the top of the toilet is another basket with stuff like face cleanser, beauty blender cleanser, and other things. My brushes are kept in a holder on the sink countertop, and other toiletries and extras of larger items are organized under the sink. Behind the sink mirror is just enough room to keep things like toner, moisturizer, deodorant, etc. I know this was long-winded but I wanted to express that you can have a *tiny* bathroom and still fit a hoard of beauty products if you try. All of this storage stuff was purchased at Target.

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I wanted to add my storage! This is in my bathroom. The BF and I have a small townhouse with one bathroom and it was the most convenient place for my stuff.

The white over-the-toilet rack is definitely getting pitched when we move if it doesn't give out on me sooner! Starting on the top left basket- I have products sorted by type in small makeup bags (lip products, face, etc.) The middle basket has all of my palettes and single shadows, plus I have my eyeliners inside a stila tin. The basket on the right has my Monday Club picks for each week so all I have to do is put that basket on the sink when I do my makeup.

The large basket on the left below has hair products and body lotions, and makeup bags with categories of product in them (backups, hair ties, bobby pins, etc.) The basket on the right has my brushes, combs, hair dryer and the like. You can kind of tell my straightener is looped around the brackets on the left side.

On the top of the toilet is another basket with stuff like face cleanser, beauty blender cleanser, and other things. My brushes are kept in a holder on the sink countertop, and other toiletries and extras of larger items are organized under the sink. Behind the sink mirror is just enough room to keep things like toner, moisturizer, deodorant, etc.

I know this was long-winded but I wanted to express that you can have a *tiny* bathroom and still fit a hoard of beauty products if you try
wink.gif
. All of this storage stuff was purchased at Target.

Get your makeup out of the bathroom NOW. Especially get it away from the toilet! Every time you flush, especially with the lid open, fecal matter and urine gets into the air and lands everywhere including all over your makeup. Plus the heat from a shower or bath... not good for cosmetics.

then I have drawers next to it with my less used items. The carousel is from lauri on qvc and I love it. I rigged some lighting it's not pretty but it works.

I am well aware of the potential issues and risks and I take steps to ensure that my bathroom and especially my beauty products stay clean as I added to the original post: All of my cosmetics are kept in makeup bags, we always keep the lid closed and have a sign for guests to do the same when flushing, and we leave the door wide open during showers/baths so that no heat/moisture accumulates in the room.

Nice to see how other people organize their makeup. I use some boxes from Ikea to store my things.

Unfortunately there is not much space left and I have to reorganize. It's kind of messy.

Lip products:

Mascara etc. and Brushes:

Eyeshadows, Blushes etc.:

everything else:

Nice to see how other people organize their makeup. I use some boxes from Ikea to store my things. Unfortunately there is not much space left and I have to reorganize. It's kind of messy. Lip products:    Mascara etc. and Brushes:    Eyeshadows, Blushes etc.:    everything else:
I am struggling with organization right now too. I like the way you did yours.

Thanks! I really love that item. However, they don't ship to Canada. Does anyone know where I can purchase this in Canada?

At the moment my makeup is very unruly and unorganized… I just have entirely way too much stuff! I think  I need to have a sale! lol

You can get it on eBay.ca - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tabletop-Spinning-Cosmetic-Organizer-White-Lori-Greiner-/390794766544?pt=US_Makeup_Bags_Cases&hash=item5afd2ee8d0&_uhb=1 But it looks like it's pretty pricey! I'm sure you could search amazon for a similar product but I don't see the *exact* one there.
Thank you very much! It's unfortunate that it's so expensive. I wish this was offered locally. I wonder if there's any other substitute product that's available in Canada.

I don't have a whole lot of makeup, but I use a small 3-Drawer smokey black sterilite container I bought from Walmart for all of my loose pigments and pigment samples and single eyeshadows along with small eyeshadow palettes. The top has two compartments that I keep some of my brushes, liners and mascaras in, and a lid that I keep my go- to items in like my eyelash curler, sharpener, eyeshadow primers and concealers and the like.

I have a bigger 3-Drawered Sterilite container that I keep my bigger palettes in, more brushes, samples and things I don't use often.

A coffee mug stores some more of my brushes, liners and mascaras.

Thinking about it now, I feel as though I should go through it and organize it a little better.

I need some more ideas on how people organize drawers. I was using plastic drawers, but I just bought a Recollections 5 drawer from Michael's (it's basically an Ikea Alex 5 drawer dupe), and I am still organizing the drawers themselves. I was also curious for anyone who has the Alex drawers, do you keep your everyday stuff in there or just your main collection? Also, how many of you have a little vanity set up for makeup application? I usually just do my makeup in the bathroom mirror, but I kind of want to set up a makeup area in my guest room. 

I was wondering something- did you do any updates after Christmas like you  mentioned? If so, I'd be interested in seeing!

Also, how do you have your brushes standing in those Martha Stewart organizers? Did you get some beads to put in there or something?
Wow - I totally missed this one 'til now!  Sorry about that!

I do have A LOT more products now from birthday / Christmas / subscription boxes through the months.  I need to take a new pic soon.

These photos of my polish collection were taken in June - I've got even more since then.

Re: My Brushes - Yes those are the Martha Stewart pen/pencil holders.  I took blocks of foam cut to size, put it inside each pen / pencil cup, and created slots for each brush with a craft knife.  After that I used fine-point scissors to make bigger "cut-to-fit" holes out of each slot.  I have a few more brushes now, too.

Hi, I'm Robyn.  And I'm addicted to cosmetics.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back