Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear I've seen this on Pinterest every day for 2 years lol I'm glad I know where to get it!  Thanks for the link :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need some more ideas on how people organize drawers. I was using plastic drawers, but I just bought a Recollections 5 drawer from Michael's (it's basically an Ikea Alex 5 drawer dupe), and I am still organizing the drawers themselves. I was also curious for anyone who has the Alex drawers, do you keep your everyday stuff in there or just your main collection? Also, how many of you have a little vanity set up for makeup application? I usually just do my makeup in the bathroom mirror, but I kind of want to set up a makeup area in my guest room. 
I just organized my ikea 5 drawers. Some of the drawers I made my own dividers using foam board. The others I used stacking acrylic dividers that gave me a lot more space. My collection isn't as large as it used to be. I am rebuilding with items I love and doing project pan's to use up the stuff I just like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just filmed me reorganizing my drawers if you'd like to take a look. 

I am on a quest to organize my makeup stash today! I have a very small bathroom, so I think I'm going to try to clear off my dresser to turn into a vanity. It's going to be a real project...

Okay. So, instead of organizing all my makeup in my tiny cramped bathroom, I finally cleared off an old desk I've just been stacking things on and turned it into a vanity!

I'm pretty excited. It's so nice to be able to sit down and do my makeup instead of crowding in front of a tiny bathroom mirror with my roommate. I cut up an old yoga mat for the surface and inside my drawers so that they would be easy to clean (and cute). It's a work in progress. I'm planning to decorate more as I go. 

I ended up throwing out a lot of things, which made me realize something... I don't have nearly as much makeup (that I actually use) as I thought! Guess that means I have to bolster my collection! The boyfriend was not happy about that revelation. Hehe.

I waited until the after Christmas sales to get my Christmas present - this arrived on Friday.  I had outgrown my nail polish storage method and wanted something nicer / easier to access.  I'm so proud of how everything turned out!

I bought an "Apothecary Chest" (in look only, as the mini-drawers are 'cosmetic' and it actually has three large drawers) - and then I moved a mini-storage chest in from my office and placed items like Q-tips, cotton balls, cotton pads, cuticle balms and cuticle pens, etc., in each of those drawers.  Everything is right there next to me and organized when I do manis and pedis now...

And here are my separate Julep polish storage boxes on a chest next to it...

The OCD girl deep inside me is doing back-flips right now!

I waited until the after Christmas sales to get my Christmas present - this arrived on Friday.  I had outgrown my nail polish storage method and wanted something nicer / easier to access.  I'm so proud of how everything turned out!

I bought an "Apothecary Chest" (in look only, as the mini-drawers are 'cosmetic' and it actually has three large drawers) - and then I moved a mini-storage chest in from my office and placed items like Q-tips, cotton balls, cotton pads, cuticle balms and cuticle pens, etc., in each of those drawers.  Everything is right there next to me and organized when I do manis and pedis now...

And here are my separate Julep polish storage boxes on a chest next to it...

The OCD girl deep inside me is doing back-flips right now!
That is so awesome! I love your storage for your nail polishes!!!! I aim to be as organized in my life.... but it ain't happening yet! Hahaha!

Is the hourglass for anything besides being pretty (because it's really pretty!)? Like do you use it to let your coats dry? That would be such a  good idea!!!!

Okay. So, instead of organizing all my makeup in my tiny cramped bathroom, I finally cleared off an old desk I've just been stacking things on and turned it into a vanity!

I'm pretty excited. It's so nice to be able to sit down and do my makeup instead of crowding in front of a tiny bathroom mirror with my roommate. I cut up an old yoga mat for the surface and inside my drawers so that they would be easy to clean (and cute). It's a work in progress. I'm planning to decorate more as I go. 

I ended up throwing out a lot of things, which made me realize something... I don't have nearly as much makeup (that I actually use) as I thought! Guess that means I have to bolster my collection! The boyfriend was not happy about that revelation. Hehe.
That looks awesome! I love what you did!!! I love the look of the cut yoga mat!!!! My makeup collection is the same- I don't use but maybe 10-20% off it.

Back