Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I'm trying to set up a spot for my makeup vs just using my train case and 3 organizer buckets. Here is what I have so far:
Still have a long way to go, but it's nice to have a spot dedicated to just my makeup vs putting on my makeup on my bed with lighting that isn't all that spectacular. Getting lots of great ideas from this thread on how to expand and organize my makeup area and drooling over everyone's stash!

I'm looking to reorganize my makeup. I'm thinking about purchasing these:
I know I would use one for brushes, and maybe one for flowers, but I'm not sure what I could use the other for.

hey just wondering, where did you get that at? Ive been looking for something simular and i would love that to store my makeup. Please let me know :) thanks

hey just wondering, where did you get that at? Ive been looking for something simular and i would love that to store my makeup. Please let me know :) thanks

This is my main stash that I use most often. I am a very unorganized individual, and sadly make-up is no exception. But although it looks like a hot mess, there is a system inside my head!

This is my over flow which is just a organizer I hung over a closet door. This is for things I use less ofter or duplicate items. Also for eyeshadows of which I have so many I don't know where else to put them!

You know what is funny is that I really thought I had too much make-up before I peeked at this thread! Now I feel right at home. You ladies have put me to shame!
icon_cheers.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FunAtTheCircus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whoa some of you girls have amazing collections! I love all the lippies on the first page of this thread. Here is my vanity table and my little makeup storage wheel. I also have a few tins I didn't take pictures of in a drawer. One of them has eye stuff in it (lines, pencils, mascara) the other has all my face products (concealer, powder), then I have a bag of makeup wipes, and some lip stains in an old cleaned out jam jar. 

I really love having my makeup vanity in my bedroom, somewhere nice and comfortable to get ready in the morning. In the flowered tin on the vanity are cotton pads, cotton balls, a pencil sharpener, and sponges. 

(Excuse the pic of me in the mirror, I'm leaning back and have no makeup on yet.) The white wheel spins and has all kinds of compartments. The gold cat is a ring holder. I put my rings on the tail while I put my makeup on. The little purple and white box is just Q-tips. 

This is the drawer of my vanity. It has one drawer in the middle. 
I love that white wheel!!! Where is it from?

As I get more and more makeup, my bathroom organization just keeps evolving. For anyone who doesn't have a vanity in their room, then they are probably sharing the counter space with hair and skin products too. I used to just have those two orange pots, so I've added a lot lol. That corner tower was a godsend. I got it from Marshalls for $12. If you're looking for great storage solutions Marshalls and Homegoods is great!

I feel like a kid starting out again reading these threads and looking through a lot of the photos because we lost everything we owned, and I lost my health in the process, back in 2010.  (We moved into a brand new home in Orlando back in 2007 and three years later found it had Chinese drywall.  If you don't know what that is, feel lucky!  It's basically like having your house burn to the ground, but instead of everything inside being burned, it's extremely toxic and has to be destroyed.)  At the time we moved in that house, I was in my mid-30s and had two toddlers.

I just turned 41 in November and I'm finally feeling better enough most days to care again.  My boys are a bit older and in school, so I also have more free time to do so.  I'd picked up a few cosmetic / beauty items here and there the last few years - and thankfully still had a few items that were in storage / not ruined - but for the most part, there was no need to replace the majority of my girly-stuff because I was simply too sick to use it / care.

Now I find myself in a new decade of life, old enough that previous skincare items and certain staples aren't quite appropriate any longer, and completely oblivious to most new brands and new trends.  This forum, blogs, magazines, box-subscription services, and the fact I was a former Sephora junkie have all helped a lot.  For the first time in years I finally have things together enough I'm actually excited to "share with the class".  I recently bought several Martha Stewart organizer pieces (at Staples) when they had a 40% sale and staked out my counter space.  Here's the almost-end result, which hopefully can expand a bit more after Christmas!

And last but not least . . . my husband and MIL hooked me up with lots of LUSH goodies for my birthday!  
bath.gif

It's great to finally start feeling like "me" again - I'm so excited to have the opportunity to share with like-minded people who "understand"!

Oh wow that stash is incredible ! Your family obviously loves you a lot to shower you with goodies like that. I'm jealous of that Lush stash!

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I feel like a kid starting out again reading these threads and looking through a lot of the photos because we lost everything we owned, and I lost my health in the process, back in 2010.  (We moved into a brand new home in Orlando back in 2007 and three years later found it had Chinese drywall.  If you don't know what that is, feel lucky!  It's basically like having your house burn to the ground, but instead of everything inside being burned, it's extremely toxic and has to be destroyed.)  At the time we moved in that house, I was in my mid-30s and had two toddlers.

I just turned 41 in November and I'm finally feeling better enough most days to care again.  My boys are a bit older and in school, so I also have more free time to do so.  I'd picked up a few cosmetic / beauty items here and there the last few years - and thankfully still had a few items that were in storage / not ruined - but for the most part, there was no need to replace the majority of my girly-stuff because I was simply too sick to use it / care.

Now I find myself in a new decade of life, old enough that previous skincare items and certain staples aren't quite appropriate any longer, and completely oblivious to most new brands and new trends.  This forum, blogs, magazines, box-subscription services, and the fact I was a former Sephora junkie have all helped a lot.  For the first time in years I finally have things together enough I'm actually excited to "share with the class".  I recently bought several Martha Stewart organizer pieces (at Staples) when they had a 40% sale and staked out my counter space.  Here's the almost-end result, which hopefully can expand a bit more after Christmas!

It's great to finally start feeling like "me" again - I'm so excited to have the opportunity to share with like-minded people who "understand"!

I love your story and your stash!  Your photos are very sweet yet sophisticated, not to mention organized!  

@shutterblog, your stash is so beautiful! I just love how you used your space. Plus, now I really want my own stuffed Louise doll.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And last but not least . . . my husband and MIL hooked me up with lots of LUSH goodies for my birthday!  
bath.gif

This was just awesome all around. Also, where can I find my own Louise?

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
This was just awesome all around. Also, where can I find my own Louise?

Thank you!  My husband actually surprised me with Louise for my birthday and had her custom-made by a guy here in ATL.

Here's his website - there's a link there to his Etsy page there, and you can send a request for a design on Etsy I believe.

http://channelchangers.blogspot.com/2013/01/louise-plushie.html

I can't answer any questions about the ordering process, design time, or cost since it was a gift - but she's just as adorable in person as she looks in photos.  Love her!

Happy New Year!  
15d.gif

@shutterblog I just am drooling over your collection and organization. It is just pure perfection! When I am able to get my own place where I can actually have a set-up that is what I hope mine will look like. It's amazing.

Back