Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the DIY polish rack! The crafty makeup board is cool too, but I'd also be nervous about the products falling off. It's a very creative idea though!

I need a more organized stash! I'll post pictures as soon as I get one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

This is my small make up stash before and after a little clean up hehe. I have to do my make up on the ground for now in front of a mirror because all my stuff is packed up for college! 

I read this entire thread on Sunday and it motivated me to totally reorganize my stash.  I moved all makeup from bathroom to my spare bedroom/home office and set up a makeshift vanity.  I went to Big Lots and bought a 5 tier rolling cart and a few organizer type boxes.  I can see things so much easier now and items are much more organized.  Fortunately, two of the furniture pieces in that room worked perfectly - an old stereo table w/album slots and a hutch.

I'm going to need a new lighted makeup mirror, however.

My makeup collection has gotten to the point where a makeup case is no longer realistic unless I plan on using a small suitcase. I keep everything in drawers and bought drawer organizers meant for desk drawers. You can get them anywhere (Target, The Container Store, etc) and most allow you to mix and match the sizes and shapes so you can fit everything. The pencil-shaped ones are great for brushes, eyeliners and mascaras. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's my concern as well. There's another method... a cookie sheet with a lip but even then there is the possibility the magnet would fail.

When I did this, I got strong magnets and for the heavier stuff I glued multiple magnets onto them.

It doesn't work for me because I don't have anyplace to hang the frame right now... but it was fun to make!! (mine's a little different than hers though)

I recently reorganized all of my makeup and perfumes and I'm very excited about it.
smilehappyyes.gif

my bathroom, aka my favorite room in my apt :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  my fragrance collection

eye makeup

listicks 

glosses

blushes, bronzers, stains

other face stuff

The bathroom closet:

mani/pedi stuff, and the Sephora box is all my surplus toiletries

the front basket has lotions, back basket has surplus shower gels. The boxes to the left have all the random samples (and other unused items I want to dig into later) I've accumulated: hair stuff, makeup and skincare.

My collection is literally out of control....I have a 4ft rubbermaid and a few train cases full of makeup sitting on my kitchen counter because I ran out of space everywhere else. Hoping to buy a couple of these organizers soon...I think each one is about 4ft tall by 2 ft wide. 

I have the same organiser but just in single and I love it, I put label stickers on each drawer so i can easily find where things are...I keep it in my bathroom and I use it to store the makeup that I mainly use at the moment plus I keep my older makeup in makeup bags and box.

Also in the organiser I have cut out some material that sticks to the plastic and I have put them in all of the drawers and on top of it so if anything spills it wont be so messy and I can easily replace it with another sheet. It also keeps things from shifting and moving.

Originally Posted by Amarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the same organiser but just in single and I love it, I put label stickers on each drawer so i can easily find where things are...I keep it in my bathroom and I use it to store the makeup that I mainly use at the moment plus I keep my older makeup in makeup bags and box.

Also in the organiser I have cut out some material that sticks to the plastic and I have put them in all of the drawers and on top of it so if anything spills it wont be so messy and I can easily replace it with another sheet. It also keeps things from shifting and moving.
I'm so glad you like it!!! I haven't heard any reviews so it's nice knowing it does work well for that purpose. Thanks for including the pics and suggestions as well 
smile.gif

Where did you buy yours from? I love the color

I'm from Australia and I got it from Officeworks... Dont know if you have that store where you live.

How I used to store my stuff (and what god awful organization this was):

How I store it now. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Enjoy!

To note: the stuff on the keyboard pull out of the desk is stuff that I use and abuse of the most. The same goes for the lip products that are on the lipstick holder organizers. 

The clear 3-drawer units which are 6"x6"x6" if I'm not mistaken in size, they as well as the lipstick holders (24-count holders) can all be purchased at the Container Store. When I bought them the drawers were on sale for $8.99. Not sure how much they are now. 

Also to note: This is the majority of what I own but not all. Under the pull-out I have my nail polishes and makeup I want to either sell/discard in small green boxes, and I have a traincase that is currently only holding the brushes that I used when I used to do makeup on other people as a hobby. 

Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You guys are going to think I'm nuts, but for travel, I use one of my husband's old gun cases. It keeps all of my makeup safe and it's protected from the heat and shifting during car rides. Otherwise, everyday, it's all in a makeup bag in my bedroom. I don't have a lot of it.
Hee hee! If you fly, I bet that's fun to explain. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my updated make up storage. I have added new Muji plastic containers as I have ran out of space in my big dressing table. Here's the whole setup. Forgive me for the messiness in some of the drawers. I need to get organized. >.<

Thanks for looking. I  have a serious obsession with blushers / cheek products and I need to stop buying anymore blushers. Sorry for the messiness of my drawers, gotta pack them all up soon

that's why we are all in this community, coz we are all hooked to beauty products XD. I LOVE looking @ other people stashes too...

Very impressive collections! It is really neat seeing everyone else's stashes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I need to figure out better storage organization for my stash.

I am absolutely in love with all this makeup.. it makes me feel like I should go and buy more products lol. 

Latest posts

Back