Makeup Stashes & Organization

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I NEED THIS~!!!!!!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a very tiny apartment so its a little difficult for me to keep things organized, I'm always changing things around.

Originally Posted by xina751 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOLA i used to have that lipsticks too! oh my god! i got so sick of them all one day that i melted them into lip palettes though lol

Bonnie...I just got a great makeup case from amazon for my birthday. here is a link for the one i bought. http://www.amazon.com/Shany-Rolling-Makeup-Premium-Collection/dp/B003QAFW72/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1306642326&sr=8-5

Interesting you say that - I was doing a few searches a while back and realized that I had created threads that people have already started a while back.

Today; however, I did search Birchbox and the June Birchbox thread came up - so that worked. LOL!

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you search for?  I'm asking to find out if our search is broken.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting you say that - I was doing a few searches a while back and realized that I had created threads that people have already started a while back.

Today; however, I did search Birchbox and the June Birchbox thread came up - so that worked. LOL!
I have a hard time with the MUT search as it doesn't always pull things up properly.

yeah you have to do an advanced search and adjust the way the search comes up... 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a hard time with the MUT search as it doesn't always pull things up properly.

I'm working on trying to get some sort of vanity. Even if its just a desk and a lighted mirror. I always hog the bathroom lol

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol I'm the same way Hezzie.  I drive my bf crazy with it

I want to get a desk and hang up a  mirror and then get those strip light things and hang them on the wall like what Xina has.  The light I'm working with now is so god awful I'm surprised I can any makeup at all

I need a new computer desk because the one I have is actually a pattern desk bought when the local Joann's closed. It's heavy and made of metal and I love it but it's not practical for a computer desk but ideal for a makeup station.

I thought of posting a thread like this! I need to reorganize and take pictures!!

Thats the same problem I'm having, the lighting is terrible in my house. I already have a mirror for the wall, just waiting to get a desk and some lights and like I said, a lighted mirror for the desk as well. I was looking for strip lights but I couldn't find any that plugged in, they all had to be hard wired :/

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to get a desk and hang up a  mirror and then get those strip light things and hang them on the wall like what Xina has.  The light I'm working with now is so god awful I'm surprised I can any makeup at all

Hey ladies - consider a console table as a vanity... its not as wide as a desk and doesnt take up soo much room - it also provides the same amount of storage as a desk depending on the style.

Here are some awesome ideas:

And never under estimate the value of Craigslist - you can do a search for console table and save yourself some serious $$$$$.

Try LED rope lights from Home Depot - LED lighting is brighter and softer on your eyes than a traditional light bulb.  They come in string form that plugs in, also a cheap alternative are LED Christmas lights!! Did I say that?! YES! Those tiny round bulb ones (LED only of course) are an excellent way to decorate and light up your mirror area!

Check it out:

Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202042654/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Its pricey - but can be used in so many different ways that you end up using its full value.

Christmas Lights:

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats the same problem I'm having, the lighting is terrible in my house. I already have a mirror for the wall, just waiting to get a desk and some lights and like I said, a lighted mirror for the desk as well. I was looking for strip lights but I couldn't find any that plugged in, they all had to be hard wired :/

Just a picture of my personal stash of makeup... I tell people this is why it takes me 2 hours to get ready! As far as organization... there is none. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the great ideas!! I LOOOOOOOOOVVEE this one. Its GORGEOUS!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh - that last pic doesnt want to download right - here it is as a jpg file.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh oh that's no good ><  Did you check home depot of lowes yet?  Hmmm I dunno if those vanities have enough drawers for me lol.  They ARE all very very pretty though!

Strip lights? You mean like the 1970s vanity mirrors? Like this?

http://www.vanitygirlhollywood.com/

At any rate, you CAN make something like that at home using the $9 strip lights at Lowes and Home Depot. The thing is you're going to need to know some electrical know-how or have someone who know electrical work to do it for you. It's pretty easy, if you watch DIY channel it's been done to death on how to make your own lamps. Same process but I don't recommend it if you have no electrical skills at all. I plan on doing it once I have some extra money since buying three sets of lights with four bulbs each will cost about $10 to $15 plus the cost of the wiring and the outlet plug. In all it'd be under $100.

Yeah, you can make that but like I mentioned only if you have electrical skills otherwise it can become a fire hazard.

http://www.diylife.com/2008/08/13/make-a-lamp-with-household-objects/

It's the same principal as the video in that article except for a few things. I'm lucky that I learned to do those things as a teenager but I really don't advise it to someone who doesn't have the knowledge to do it because it can become a fire hazard.

Lol, I can turn a light on and off...does that count  jk  I'll make my dad do it when I do home to visit or something  he's an engineer of all types

Back