Makeup that's made you break out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one that sticks out in my mind is Benefit Dr. Feelgood and I wanted to love it so bad....

Maybelline ultra-lash mascara (pink tube with green top). My lashes were actually sore and burning. I tried Prescriptives next, and that was good for me, but pricey. Now I just wear false eyelashes without mascara.

On 2nd thought I think my T. LeClerc powder makes me break out. I've been using it for months and I stopped for a bit. Upon it's return to my routine I found myself with budding imperfections!!

I had a real bad breakout problem from MAC studio fix and that was only because I NEVER changed the sponge that comes with it... I got a brush for it instead and it is fine now

I also had a bad breakout to the Clinique skincare line.

Ok so I have sensitive skin but......

I'm on my 3rd week of not wearing any MAC foundation/powder/bronzer.

Guess what ladies? No pimples/ance/blemishes. It's all gone. I can't believe this I've suffered from constant pimples for the past 2-3 years (the length of time I started using MAC). I was totally clueless why I was breaking out because though I have sensitive skin I've never had constant breakouts.

Well, since I joined this board I read that MAC foundations causes breakouts so I decided to stop using these products (it was so hard to do at first) to see if that's the reason I was breaking out so badly. Turned out it was those products. So with that said I won't touch another MAC foundation, powder or bronzer ever again.

Thank God I have no problems with the other products. I just love Mac eyeshadows, fluidlines and lipgosses:icon_love

Oh man, here we go...

Jane powders and foundations

Revlon foundations

Cover Girl foundations

Max Factor stuff

And usually any cream foundation. I don't know why, my skin just doesn't agree with the consistency. This stuff doesn't really give me zits, as I don't get zits that often, but I get narly blackheads and these brands can just suck the glow out of my skin completely. Therefore I tend to avoid drugstore face make-up personally

Sally Hansen Cornsilk No Color loose powder broke me out bad! i think it was becasue of the parfum in it n the GLITTER!

Wow, old thread! lol.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Which is a bummer because I would have totally loved it otherwise (if they had a shade that was actually light enough).

the only product that ever made me break out was the maybeline mouse foundation

it was just to heavy for my skin

dream matte mousse got me too!! I was cool the first few hours, but by the time I got home to was my face, I had a HUGE pimple on my cheek!! Needless to say it hit the bottom of the trashcan in 2.5 seconds

Maybelline great lash mascara

BE foundation

Everything from Loreal

Maybelline foundations

MAC's liquid foundations they burned my face and it stung! i couldn't keep it on for more then 10 seconds before wiping it off because it hurt so bad. bare escentuals also broke me out but i love the brand and the whole idea behind it.

I think everything breaks me out. But I have no proof
smile.gif
Physicians formula is good to me and so is Neutrogena and some Maybelline.

Nothing really from make-up makes my skin to break out. But the heating in the house dries my cheeks
biggrin.gif

All liquid foundations I have ever tried. I recently had to toss my N.Y.C. bronzer, because it made me break out bad. Too bad too, because it really looked nice and natural on me.

MAC's liquid foundation and Benefits Dr. Feelgood!

MAC's liquid foundation and Benefits Dr. Feelgood!

Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation made me break out and Revlon Colorstay foundation made me break out! And I truly loved both of them!! So sad!

old thread, lol !

MAC Select foundation

L'oréal Accord Parfait foundation (perfect match
frown.gif
)

Eye Care mascara

Maybelline Great Lash

Yves Rocher luminelle mascara

Originally Posted by MAC_Cuite /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, since I joined this board I read that MAC foundations causes breakouts so I decided to stop using these products (it was so hard to do at first) to see if that's the reason I was breaking out so badly. Turned out it was those products. So with that said I won't touch another MAC foundation, powder or bronzer ever again.
Thank God I have no problems with the other products. I just love Mac eyeshadows, fluidlines and lipgosses:icon_love

The same thing happened to me! I was having breakouts, and I was blaming Clinique's 3-step, although I've been using that for a year and it never caused me problems. I just couldn't think it'd be the make-up... but then I read some threads here about MAC causing break-outs and I stopped using the MAC Select SPF 15 immediately. A week later... breakouts all gone! I've stopped using the powder and blush for good measure and I'm now afraid to use them, even though they might not be bad for me. This was actually the first time anything caused me breakouts. I'm back to Clinique's foundation and very happy with it.
smile.gif

But like you said, thank God nothing happened with the eyeshadows. I LOVE Mac eyeshadows, they're the best I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back