Makeup that's made you break out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobbi brown shimmer brick -brownie and a few Revlon colourstay quads. Its a shame coz I really like both of them.

The only thing I am sure of are the Cover Girl powders that have the Noxema smell to them- Noxema breaks me out horribly!!

The only makeup that broke me out ever was Sheer Cover. That was last year on my 50th birthday - August. Bad peri-oral dermatitus. Little acne like bumps with no real substance - e.g. Can't squeeze them, just pick and turn them into everlasting scabs that I can't stop tearing off.

Bismuth oxychloride- STAY AWAY!!

I love mineral makeup. It looked fab. Trying others. -- Still dealing with problems. Now I'm older ( by 6 months) and wiser. Did I actually age that fast or was it the fault of Sheer Cover?? Seems I have not been the same since. Used Mac in the past - was going back but no store near.

Still experimenting with Everyday Minerals (think there's a prob there) and

Signature Minerals. LOVE Signature Minerals, their customer service is super and samples are generous. Eye shadows are wonderful. You can try it all for a small shipping fee. My favorite is the Adobe Sun blush a peach but natural color.

Signature Minerals = great value, great customer relations, ....

I just pray that it's not Minerals in general but something else because once you get the hang of application - minerals are great!

Stay tuned. Will a primer help?

Did anyone else had to swear off Minerals all together?? Please say that hope is there.

J.

Most liquid foundations seems to make my skin crazy which is a shame because I really liked how the Revlon Colorstay looked on my skin.

I'm adding ELD's Tone Correcting Concealer, no joke it gave me seven cyst on my chin. That stuff smells like pure Orange Oil, I don't know what I was thinking by using it.

1. Bare Escentuals Foundations-It is okay if I don't use it everyday. But, if I use it everyday then that means trouble for my skin!

2. MAC StudioFix Liquid SPF 15 Foundation-It has a chemical sunscreen in it that broke me out. My face just can't tolerate chemical sunscreens unfortunately.

3. Most drugstore foundations-I don't buy drugstore foundations anymore. As, they just ultimately end up clogging my pores and breaking me out!

4. Prescriptives Magic Powder-Does nothing but clog my pores and break me out every time I wore it!

Honeslty my barekiss has clearwed up my friends acne, she had the most severe acne you have seen, and wouldn't go out, Barekiss makes this acne soap and with the MMU and the soap her skin cleared up completely.

MAC sheer pressed powder...after that, I vowed to never buy or use any MAC face products..eyeshadows an exception

Za (a sub product line from Shiseido) tinted moisturizer. I rarely break out from cosmetics, but this one made me break out, especially on the cheeks. Its a pity though, its very light and gives good coverage as well. I really did like it, but pity it gave me blemishes.

The only makeup I can ever really pin breakouts to is Studio Gear's Satin Foundation.

I am not at all prone to acne, I never have been. I don't get acne unless I have been slacking on my daily facial routine, which I am normally militaristic about. Every day before I put any makeup on my face I use an SPF 15 moisturizer. Every night I use a face wash, then I use witch hazel on a cotton square all over my face, and then I moisturize. I used this foundation for about two months. At first I figured I was slacking on the face routine. After about a month of perfect performance, I was still breaking out with this foundation.

This is a great foundation, but it isn't worth it. It's fairly expensive and damaging to your face. It's not full coverage-worthy.

Back