Makeup that's made you break out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L'oreal true blend, it's a great foundation to match shades, but with acne and irritation I just couldn't stand it.

yea the MAC eyeshadows are really the best. high quality and very beautiful colors.

Loreal True Match

Maybelline Age Defying Makeup

Cover Girl TruBlend

Physicians Formula Blush

Estee Lauder Foundation

Pretty much everything that Ive tried but Covergirl and Loreal are the WORST!!

I now use Everyday Minerals.

CoverGirl TruBlend Whipped Foundation... it's too bad because for the price, I really liked how it looked before it broke me out.

The Makeup Goddess must be watching over me. I have never broke out and I having been wearing cosmetics for almost fifty years. Beyonce - Makeup Lover

Most of the stuff that broke me out was when I wear any foundation (whether mineral or not) around my chin but I think that's more due to having to answer phones and I constantly rest my hands on my chin area.

The only thing that really broke me out in small bumps that made me look blotchy was Jane's blushes. The color was perfect but I immediatly noticed that throughout the day it just got nasty on me. I do have an oily face but I've never had much of any other breakouts.

Oh, proactive made my skin dry as heck and just made my face full of mini pimples everywhere. It itched too much.

i dont think ive ever broken out from a makeup product before,

but i do have a question....

wen you guys break out, how do you apply waht you are breaking out to?

are you sure you arent using a sponge that youve BEEN using for awhile. or even a few times?!

i hear that SPONGES are waht cause you to breakout. at least wit the MAC stuff. they have bacteria and if you keep using it, your spreadin bacteria back onto your face.

although im juss gettin into foudations and concealers and stuff (i never even owned them up until after my first year out of high school) i will never use a sponge more than once and ill only use brushes after their clean...

so mebbe think about waht you used to apply that specific makeup.

Really sad for me - but MAC's face products. I was getting bad acne this past year and I swear I was in denial it would be my MAC studio fix liquid and powder. Nope. And also their concealer too. I really liked it too - the coverage it gave me...

But I rather be acne free than have a full face of makeup, so yeah.

First I thought it might be other things like, not washing my face enough or not changing my pillow cases often. Still got the acne. The minute I made the decision to stop using it... my acne subsided. It's been over 2 months now and I haven't had acne, only the ones that come before my period begins.

I apply my make-up with a brush, which I frequently wash, so it's not the way I applied it. Like CellyCell says above, I wanted it to be anything else but that. I changed my whole skin care routine, I washed my face religiously day and night and still the breakouts wouldn't subside. Once I decided to stop using the foundation (the SFP15), my skin calmed down. It's been a month now and the breakouts are all gone. So, sadly, it was the foundation.

da-- that sucks.... ive been using the MAC studio stick, i actually wore it today, it doesnt seem to bother me but i dont wear it a lot. to be honest i dont reallyy wear makeup a lot anymore.

but it also could be because i have dry skin?? iono...mostly waht ive read is ppl are having problems wit MAC foudations and concealers have oily skin....??

Newbie.gif

If you hear a lot of MAC users who have problems are mainly ones who have oily skin, you might be onto something...

I have combo-skin though, only oily on my t-zone and my cheeks are dry...only break out in my cheeks. So, dunno :/

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif my cheeks are dry...only break out in my cheeks. So, dunno :/ Same thing, I only got breakouts in my cheeks. I don't have oily skin; it's normal, tending to get dry. That was actually the first time I ever got any breakouts and this is why I was so surprised. It took me forever to find out what was causing it.
My sister got breakouts too (she was using Studio fix) and she has got dry skin, but her skin is a lot more sensitive than mine so we weren't exactly shocked about that.
laughing.gif

Mac Studiotech is the only thing that has ever broke me out... although I tend to think of the few spots that I do get as 'just part of life', so there could be more and I haven't noticed.

Originally Posted by classylass /img/forum/go_quote.gif da-- that sucks.... ive been using the MAC studio stick, i actually wore it today, it doesnt seem to bother me but i dont wear it a lot. to be honest i dont reallyy wear makeup a lot anymore.
but it also could be because i have dry skin?? iono...mostly waht ive read is ppl are having problems wit MAC foudations and concealers have oily skin....??

Newbie.gif

see the same goes with me..i have dry skin and a patch of eczema on my face from time to time...i just moisture my face with MoistureLush by M.A.C. and it gives my face that extra "water" feel that i need so that i can make sure if i put something on, that it wont make my face ashy or anything...and i used like touches of the Moistureblend skin products with M.A.C. so i never really had any breakouts..if i did it was because i fell asleep with makeup on

Originally Posted by classylass /img/forum/go_quote.gif da-- that sucks.... ive been using the MAC studio stick, i actually wore it today, it doesnt seem to bother me but i dont wear it a lot. to be honest i dont reallyy wear makeup a lot anymore.

Newbie.gif

I have dry skin and can wear all MAC foundations EXCEPT Studio Fix Fluid. As soon as I put it on, I got super itchy and started breaking out within hours. I applied it with a clean foundation brush, so it wasn't my application that caused the breakout either. It took weeks for my skin to even start to get better. Studio Fix Fluid contains Algae Extract, which is a known skin irritant.

Back