Manders is retiring....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to hear that and will miss your DTBs. ........ Those people are just jealous!!!!

NOO
scream3.gif
Don't quit! lol. I haven't been here for long & have only participated in one DTB ; but I think seeing your work will inspire other participants (including myself) to work harder and push themselves to try different techniques. I like competition. =) No competition is no fun.

oh manders, please don't. Youre an inspiration, at the risk of sounding corny do you know how many times ive seen pics of you an offed to go copy that instant? I'm with emily i would rather retire the voting. As great as it may be too many members are hurt by it. Don't stop, youre awsome at it.

I see what mindy sees too though, and it sucks, but chalk it up to haters. Its hard to be beautiful and talented people don't like you for it. And it wont increase participation, it will probably decrease. i hope its not the comments like ok well manders entered she won thats it ( i dont know if ive made them ever) but im sure they were meant as compliments. and lastly, we ENJOY you entering and it sucks that you have to feel like this, but whatever works for you *hugs*

Not allowed, Manders! lol.

Seriously, though...your entries will be sorely missed. I certainly hope this is only temporary, though!
frown.gif

....I really think voting should be eliminated, that being another reason.

I heart your face too much and will it Rest in DARE TO BE pieces. Wish you wouldn't
frown.gif

Ugh, you're a skank for that.

Ok this just really sucks big time Manders! I think you are mega talented and so awesome...I will miss your entries.I have told so many of my coworkers about your skills and your photos etc.Please don't retire.
frown.gif

You have a lot of wins because you have the talent. Whoever is making ugly remarks should sharpen their makeup skills instead of their tongue. It’s a challenge, if you want to win, you have to get better and better. And I do not believe you are getting less votes because of those people (whoever they are). It’s because there is more competition. I’ll be honest, on the last one I voted for La Chinita, it was between you, La Chinita and jlowe86. Don’t do it, let those people burn.

Originally Posted by Skyordec /img/forum/go_quote.gif You have a lot of wins because you have the talent. Whoever is making ugly remarks should sharpen their makeup skills instead of their tongue. Amen to that!!!

frown.gif
no! I love all your entries! Its not fair to you not to participate. It just isint! If anything, people should be using your skills as encouragement to do better. I can't believe it! Dont quit
frown.gif
You are so talented!

Not to be rude, since I don't know you very well I'm not going to use your real name, but here it goes...

I know that I don't participate in DTB's (and I know I've been away for awhile), but I I'm going to add my two cents anyway and give my outsider's perspective to all of this.

BeneBaby, of all the people on here who submit photos of their work, I have to say that yours is one of the best that I've seen on here; and I think the rest of the people who frequent this site would wholeheartedly agree with me. I think you and I (and the rest of the board) know that you have more talent in your little pinkie that others do in their whole entire body...

Seriously, why quit because of someone's else's opinion of your work. I'd hate to see someone with your caliber of talent wasting her God-given gift just because a couple goobers didn't like what was produced. Quite frankly, who cares what they think? Does it even really matter? Come on now! Granted, people have different tastes, but I thought art was objective! If there's someone out there turning a lovely shade of chanteuse "just because" should not deter you from entering contests, posting photos, etc. etc. Who gives a flying rat's patootie! Don't let them take a big fat dump on your confidence because someone was on the power trip!

Quite frankly, I don't have enough appendages to count how many times I've been in complete awe at some of the things you produce! Not only that, but the tutorials that you create are pure gold! I also don't have enough appendages to count how many times a majority of the girls on here have BEGGED, and I mean BEGGED you to make a tutorial of something because they loved it so much!

Here's some food for thought: By quitting you're letting the airheads win, but at the same time you're taking away something precious from this group.

I would suggest that you think twice before giving up.

*Gets Off Soapbox*

strangerNmist, I heartly agree.

And, not just taking something away from this group, but missing out on something you enjoy participating in manders! that doesnt seem fair or fun
frown.gif

I wouldn't make your decision just yet, I think there may be a revamp on DTB's; but I hope you decide what's best for you.
wink.gif

I don't think you should retire at all. You have a lot of wins because you have a lot of talent. And in my opinion, seeing such talent on MUT really encourages me to keep learning!
smile.gif

I always look forward to seeing yours. They're so creative and inspirational. Don't stop!!

manders i have not been here log on MUT at all, but when i go thru the DTB's i always look forward to seeing urs!!! u have so much creativity along with the others and urs are always so diff ans well thought out. i love them u make them fun, and also very inspirational.

i also vote there should no longer be a voting system, either that or we can vote for 2 ppl lol.

i totally agree with wat all the other girls have said on here, we all love seeing ur face in that forum and would be such a waste of talent in not seeing urs there as well as others!!!

please re think ur decision as i noe i will miss you along with others in the DTB's, just dont give up something that ur soooo talented at, i like wat i see and the ideas u come up with!!!!

Noo, don´t quit! If you still decided to do it, just PM me the pics hehe. I always love your D2B entries!

Aww sorry to hear that Amanda! I really admire and love your DB2s!
frown.gif

Btw, I just moved this thread to makeup forum.

Back