Manders is retiring....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif What have I missed? Who is saying negative things? I love your DTB's. Manders, you and others like you are one of the reasons that I love this place. You, unlike me, know what you are doing and do it damn well. I am always in awe even when it's just your normal everyday go to work face. Please don't stop. Don't let one or even a few negative people make the rest of us suffer. If you win...........so what. You deserved it. I have voted for you many times and there was a time or two that I didn't (sorry). You have awesome skills and I don't want to be deprived of seeing your beautiful face because someone is jealous or whatever their problem is. Please, please, please keep posting. Don't make me beg...........ok, I'll beg. I'm not too proud!!! Love you sweetie! LOL Kelly!! But, my thoughts EXACTLY! Manders, don't let others insecurities prevent you from participating! I've also voted for you alot, but not all the time, to be honest. People said stuff about La Chinita because she is also talented, so people thought she must be cheating! DUMB!! Keep on posting!

Dont retire!!!!!
frown.gif

awww please don't! I look forward to seeing your pictures in the DTB's & the FOTDs because I think you do amazing work. As a matter of fact, when I've been absent from here for a few days, as soon as I come on, I check out your most recent posts, just to check & see if I missed any of your pictures. You do a lovely job & I enjoy seeing your work. It's sad that people are making you feel this way, but I can understand why you don't want to do it anymore...but please dont stop!

Ok Amanda... if you want to retire, go ahead. But just come back in a few weeks bigger and better just like Jay Z. hee hee hee

You know how I feel about this situation and know that I am in agreement with what most of the users have posted on this thread. You know that I think you rock!

Hunny, people will always say negative things. Where I'm from we refer to them as "haters."

But honestly, I look forward to your entries every competition. I aspire to have the skill level that you have. I admire your work. You really are an inspiration. For each person that has something negative to say, there are 20 people that have many positive things to say.

Amanda I also think you shouldn't quit. I've told you before how much I love your makeup and how inspiring it is to me. I always get new ideas and it's a part of why I like MUT. I would be very sad not to see your creations any more you know I love seeing all of them.

People will always comment if somebody has a winning streak like you, but you deserved those wins. Now that there is more competition you're not winning that often so why quit now? Please don't.

If people are throwing stones at you is because they see you as the strongest one and that, if seen that way, is actually a compliment they don't know they're giving you.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im going to say that although I don't want you to I totally understand why. I have noticed Manders decreasing popularity in the DTB's. It might not be said out loud but it is noticed. Way less votes for her DTB's than they used to be, sometimes she doesnt even get in the top..and it is clear hers are far better than some of the people who are getting voted instead. People are trying to just vote for others because they don't want to see the same people winning, but I hardly think that is fair if the people winning arent even the best. It's hard to be completely fair.
I love your DTB's Manders, it sucks that people get discouraged by someone elses skills, and get sick of seeing them win even though thats the fair way.

As much as I love Amanda's makeup I don't agree with this at all. It is your opinion but I think it's rather rude to everybody that participates saying it's not fair that they get votes too. I've checked recent DTB polls and I haven't seen an unfair win even if I voted differently on some. La Chinita is winning now a lot too and she has great skills. Of the DTB's where Bene hasn't won she was either second or third on all except for Living Dead Doll. That's still the top to me.

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe we can have a poll on whether people want to keep the voting or not...mods?
smile.gif
It's already up!
wink.gif

Everyone can vote here!

Originally Posted by StrangerNMist /img/forum/go_quote.gif Not to be rude, since I don't know you very well I'm not going to use your real name, but here it goes...
I know that I don't participate in DTB's (and I know I've been away for awhile), but I I'm going to add my two cents anyway and give my outsider's perspective to all of this.

BeneBaby, of all the people on here who submit photos of their work, I have to say that yours is one of the best that I've seen on here; and I think the rest of the people who frequent this site would wholeheartedly agree with me. I think you and I (and the rest of the board) know that you have more talent in your little pinkie that others do in their whole entire body...

Seriously, why quit because of someone's else's opinion of your work. I'd hate to see someone with your caliber of talent wasting her God-given gift just because a couple goobers didn't like what was produced. Quite frankly, who cares what they think? Does it even really matter? Come on now! Granted, people have different tastes, but I thought art was objective! If there's someone out there turning a lovely shade of chanteuse "just because" should not deter you from entering contests, posting photos, etc. etc. Who gives a flying rat's patootie! Don't let them take a big fat dump on your confidence because someone was on the power trip!

Quite frankly, I don't have enough appendages to count how many times I've been in complete awe at some of the things you produce! Not only that, but the tutorials that you create are pure gold! I also don't have enough appendages to count how many times a majority of the girls on here have BEGGED, and I mean BEGGED you to make a tutorial of something because they loved it so much!

Here's some food for thought: By quitting you're letting the airheads win, but at the same time you're taking away something precious from this group.

I would suggest that you think twice before giving up.

*Gets Off Soapbox*

Wow...well done! ITA!

Originally Posted by Scarlette /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll put in my two cents ... I've been a participant on this board for many years, I introduced people to it, probably including Benebaby. (not sure if she showed me or I showed her because it's been like 4 years or so) I stopped participating in any contests or tutorials or anything else that requires user input and comments because I've had my fun and I just don't have time to do it anymore. I also find that a lot of the younger crowd (or just immature) don't appreciate people's talents and photographs, and they have to lash out and make a dirty comment just to put that person down, which isn't fair, but it's expected on an online community. I've had my life ruined in the past because of participation on an online community (nothing to do with makeup..lol) where I trusted people too much or got too close with the members and shared some private information that was posted public. You are always going to find weirdos, and mean-spirited people on the web, no matter what kind of website it is. If Amanda feels uncomfortable doing DTBs or doesn't like the comments, she has every right to retire from doing it. I personally feel that Amanda could use herself as an "example" face for the DTBs if she wanted, so she could still participate, but not be voted for.
I have considered retiring from this site altogether and have taken long absences because I've felt that my opinions and advice have been overshadowed by more of the popular posters, or my posts get moved every 5 seconds because it's not posted in a proper place, so I feel like I am just wasting time and energy being here. This place isn't what it used to be, and I do miss a particular few who were banned that I enjoyed seeing posts from. The only reason I am here is to see what Amanda is up to, she's my BFF and I stalk her on a daily basis only because I care. =)

ITA ! especially with what i posted..

If you quit i will be sad but do it for yourself not others.

It sucks that it has come down to this. I didnt even know any of this was going on. I agree with what majority of the ladies have said on here that you shouldnt opt out from the D2B challenges but I understand why. I love seein you participate. Im not going to say much just because I dont post any of the d2b challenges but I can see where your comin from. Im sorry that theres haters out there and bc of them you feel like you have to leave from that part because they are jealous of what you can do and they cant do. Its not fair to you. So what if you win back to back, its because you deserve it. You do an excellent job so you deserve to win. You cant help that you very gifted and talented at what you do with makeup. Its your job and lifestyle. Well Im sorry that you feel the need to leave but like I said I understand. Just post them in a blog like you did the sweet as candy one so that we can see your pretty face. Don't opt out all together. Take care hun.

I for one love to see your DTB's, and FOTD for that matter. I love seeing you on the board period. Do not stop just because a few people are acting all weird about stuff. I do not see you as the person to sit back and let other peoples thoughts on you affect you in the slightest.

YOu know you have skills and you know you are gorgeous, so do not leave the people that love you and love seeing your posts in the dust. I am sure on every board there are people that others talk about and it is because they are JEALOUS AND INSECURE. Ignore those people. YOu are not here for them, you are here for yourself and to talk to the people that you enjoy talking to.

I hope this all came across right, all I was trying to say is that I love seeing you post and keep on doing it. IGNORE THE HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back