Manders is retiring....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad Manders! You're stuff rocks, I'm a big fan! I understand you though...

I don't know if there needs to be a change in the dtb's. I don't post in the challenge now, and I probably still wouldn't if the voting was eliminated. I think the participants should have a say in if they want the voting or not. People like me who never entered a single dtb have no right to complain bout this issue, unless in all honestly we would decide to participate if the voting was elimated. I know I still wouldn't, I don't have the time. I LOVE the dtb's though, everyone is soooo talented!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sad Manders! You're stuff rocks, I'm a big fan! I understand you though...
I don't know if there needs to be a change in the dtb's. I don't post in the challenge now, and I probably still wouldn't if the voting was eliminated. I think the participants should have a say in if they want the voting or not. People like me who never entered a single dtb have no right to complain bout this issue, unless in all honestly we would decide to participate if the voting was elimated. I know I still wouldn't, I don't have the time. I LOVE the dtb's though, everyone is soooo talented!

That's exactly how i feel - sometimes i forget , sometimes i don't like the theme, but i participated once on DTB . I don't think that vote or no vote would change that

nooo, don't stop posting DTB, they are too beautiful and creative! At least opt to not be in the voting. But we all still want to see your beautiful art. Please rethink this

I would still do DTB if voting was eliminated - reason why participation is down are because of themes or time constraint.

EVENTUALLY, people did put pictures up on the Halloween thread - I saw a good amount of participation. The time for that thread was off.

I have never posted in a D2B but I have voted several times, and while I'm sorry that BeneBaby feels like she should retire, I can kinda understand the other side too. She is a professional make-up artist, and I'm guessing 99% of the other women on this site are not. I wouldn't want to play a tennis match against Venus Williams. LOL Even so, BB I greatly enjoy your D2Bs and hope you continue to post, even if you choose to remove yourself from the final contest.

I agree with everyone else, it is not fair that you have to retire because other people are whining. You truly are one of the best artists I've seen, and that is why I vote for you.

Honestly, I probably won't do it either way but I always vote. Maybe one day I'll participate. I do, however, think that as a community forum that the majority should rule. Post a poll and have people vote. Say for instance you have one week to post your vote. After that too bad about you. Whatever wins should be. That is the fair and democratic way of doing things. If it's a bomb and no one participates then you (those of you who want voting) can stick your tongue out like this
moa.gif
and say "I told you so".

Im still very new here compare to you other girls, but I did check out manders and looked at all her work and I can already see in the short time Ive been on here what a beautiful talent she has, she was very helpful when I asked her for application help, she responded right back to me I could feel her compassion and appreciate the fact that she likes to help others with their make up concerns, I DONT WANT HER TO LEAVE EITHER
frown.gif

I'd like to say that the real popularity contest isn't held at the end of the DTB for those who dislike voting, but it's through the whole thing... but that it's only a popularity contest if you make it one. I admit there were times when I got a bit bummed when in the last DTB (my first!) I saw a picture of someone's work that really good that I thought "No way could I do that" but most of the time, I was inspired, or if it was after I had already posted my own DTB, I tried to find out from them how they did their own, or just congratulated them, because I KNEW I had done my best and what I had done was *over*. It really comes down to self confidence. Visiting the board and simply waiting for people to hand out compliments to you is not as fun as going and rallying everyone else on and swapping tips, and I think that is why some people who don't participate now, or who don't like voting. The voting, in fact, is quite painless, because people just go on and anonymously cast a vote, and you don't know who voted for who, but its all the compliments beforehand that matter...and if you don't get one when you wanted one....that's what hurts.

So the voting won't change a thing, in fact, it WILL cause less people to enter because there will be less incentive. How do I know, because I won't have as much of an incentive to, and I know I can't be totally alone in the way I see this. What needs to be changed, or adjusted, is people's attitudes, but only they can do that, and perhaps all we need to do is just not pay any heed, because I'm sure MUT isn't the only place where when they aren't happy they complain and want everything changed for them.

I'm sorry if I sound insensitive but I just don't think the real issue is being seen here, and it would be a real shame for everyone to vote for something that would ruin a perfectly fine way of doing things and then the real problem would still be there. Simply put, if having to know people's lighthearted opinions of everyone's pictures is too much for you, then simply opt out (not speaking to Manders), there is always FOTD where there isn't any voting, but there is still the chance where you might not get a compliment, and that is what the whole issue is really about: *who* gets *how many* compliments. And if that is too much for you, then perhaps MUT is too much for you.

I have seen such unpleasant people hop from site to site on the internet over and over again and trust me, even if the voting is eliminated, they won't be happy, be surprised if they stick around long enough to notice it is gone!

WTF??! I look forward to your entries into every D2B Manders, I know you love makeup artistry and it shows in your work. Please do not stop, you are an inspiration. I feel so sad right now that some people have been negative towards you and that it makes you not want to participate. I do hope you reconsider your decision, the D2B's just wouldn't be the same without your beautiful face.

I have to agree with Shaundra (StereoXGirl) about the voting. It's a contest, if you don't want to be voted on, say you don't want to be voted on, or post it in the FOTD thread. Also, for those who complain that the *same people* always win, well it's because they're taking the contest to a higher level and actually making it a contest with their great entries. For those who may not be on that level, at least you're trying and participating. Everyone who comments on someone's entry always (except for the few bad apples, but I don't see that TOO often) have something nice to say. I've had entries on there that have gotten one vote (and it wasn't even me lol) and I didn't care. I did it because it was fun to do, I knew a few of the other girls' had way better entries than me.

To answer the question if I would participate if there was no voting? Probably no, or maybe once in a while. It's a challenge, what would be the point? I have no problem if someone like Manders wins 3 times in a row, obviously she's doing something right because people are liking what they see! I seriously just hate whining.

Please don't stop doing the D2B. You are one of the main reasons I check that forum. You are such an inspiration and I really hope you don't stop participating in the D2B's. It's a shame that people have to be so petty and complain because they aren't winning.

I would be really disappointed if you stopped participating, and it's obvious alot of people agree with that.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif If it's a bomb and no one participates then you (those of you who want voting) can stick your tongue out like this
moa.gif
and say "I told you so". I don't want to say I told you so or stick out my tongue! lol. I just want the D2B forum to be successful.

Amanda,

I always enjoy looking at your DTB entries, your FOTD's etc. You are very talented and an inspiration.
smile.gif
Please don't stop posting your photos.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to say I told you so or stick out my tongue! lol. I just want the D2B forum to be successful. I know, I know. I just can't comment too much because I never post in them. I don't even know the real reason if I think about it. Just throwing some suggestions out there. There is never going to be a way to make everyone happy, unfortunately. I know yall try very hard and I have no complaints with the mods.

personally, it will make no difference to me whether voting is suspended or not.. I participate based on whether I have time, the makeup i might need and if the theme is something I think I can either do, or sounds fun.

to be quite frank if that forum is going to cause so much misery and disappointment maybe it should be closed for a while. I feel bad that anyone should feel hurt as a result of participating, or of comments they have recieved
frown.gif

I truly wish that you will reconsider your decision, Manders. You and your work are an inspiration to many.

It makes me feel really disapointed and angry whenever something like this happens. Noone should have to hide their talent and stop doing something they love, just to make others feel better about themselves. Come on people, there will probably always be someone who does something better and is more talented than you are. Don't hate them for it or feel thereatened by them; make them your inspiration and learn from them. Try harder to get to where they are.

I wish you could appreciate the fact that someone with such talent is even willing to share their work and art on the net for everyone to judge, analize, critique or admire and copy for that matter.

well Manders........from all the opinions I've seen on this thread, none seem to be negative toward your talent!!! so please don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch...........majority of us LOVE your DTB's.....your pics will be sadly missed.

as for me I don't enter DTB's b/c I'm lazy.....not b/c I won't win.......it's fun to see EVERYONE'S interpretations and creativity!!

don't let them get to you hun....xo

I'm so sad to read that you're retiring but I understand. No one wants to be the target or cause of drama. There's too much going on in life to have to deal with something like this. I just want to say that you have some MAD SKILLS that don't go unappreciated!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank You everyone for your encouraging words and kindness. I never posted DTB's to win or to have people stroke my ego. I posted because I have a genuine love for the artistry of makeup. This isn't a hobby of mine that I occasionally do, this is my career and my life.
I had always looked forward to posting my DTB's. Excitement about telling people what I used and the hope that it would inspire someone else. But as time went on things on the site began to change. I am not sure what it was, I can best describe it as a negative feeling. I did the Halloween Hotties DTB and went I went to post the pics...I couldn't. It was the first time I ever had a bad feeling when it came to makeup, my passion. So I didn't post.

It is unfortunate that it comes to this, but I will not let anyone make me feel bad about what I love. And that started to happen. It's not about votes or popularity. I could care less If I won, although any vote is appreciated. Ultimately I made this decision because I have enough to worry about in my life aside from feeling bad about posting my DTB's. I apologize for disappointing some of you.

Oh Amanda,I am so sorry to hear that, you are a HUGE inspiration and I admire your skills so much. Its just so amazing to see someone with so much passion and dedication and skill posting either d2b's or FOTD. I do hope you will post your d2bs when it feel right. hugs

Originally Posted by Maja /img/forum/go_quote.gif I truly wish that you will reconsider your decision, Manders. You and your work are an inspiration to many.
It makes me feel really disapointed and angry whenever something like this happens. Noone should have to hide their talent and stop doing something they love, just to make others feel better about themselves. Come on people, there will probably always be someone who does something better and is more talented than you are. Don't hate them for it or feel thereatened by them; make them your inspiration and learn from them. Try harder to get to where they are.

I wish you could appreciate the fact that someone with such talent is even willing to share their work and art on the net for everyone to judge, analize, critique or admire and copy for that matter.

Thats my thoughts exactly! well said Maja!

Back