May 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a hard day, I just want to spend, spend, spend. My mom picks up my son today which means I'm alone until 7PM. Alone in bed w/ 2 laptops is dangerous.

I'm going to play with the eye liners that came yesterday & try to be good. I have a $10 off a $40 purchase @ beauty.com, I want to use it!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still in "low buy" mode, but I could NOT pass up a Revlon glass file and a mini Tweezerman for less than $8 combined. That said, i'm still digging out from under the MOUNTAIN of products I have....an end IS in sight!

I did use up a few things today! A eucalyptus/spearmint body wash, an argan oil shampoo/conditioner, and have been continuing to use up one perfume sample vial per day. Baby steps, right? (And I have learned that argan oil products don't seem to be as miraculous on me as they are on other folks LOL)
I bought a pure 100% trade certified blah blah argan oil and have yet to notice a difference and I've been using it for 2-3 months now? I'm not buying all the hoopla about it anymore. Got a good deal and still have more than 1/2 bottle left, so will continue to use it as my serum, but am not going to repurchase it.

I can't say that I've been impressed with argan oil either. I got a little Josie Maran one in my TT a few months ago, and I didn't see any awesome results from it. I don't see what the hype was about. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought a pure 100% trade certified blah blah argan oil and have yet to notice a difference and I've been using it for 2-3 months now? I'm not buying all the hoopla about it anymore. Got a good deal and still have more than 1/2 bottle left, so will continue to use it as my serum, but am not going to repurchase it.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't say that I've been impressed with argan oil either. I got a little Josie Maran one in my TT a few months ago, and I didn't see any awesome results from it. I don't see what the hype was about. 
I don't use it on my hair, but I have a shea terra argan and green coffee serum for around the eyes, and I think it did a really good job with dark circles.

It's basically supposed to be another wonder oil like rose hip seed oil( which I also tried from Trilogy?) with the same vitamin/mineral/good stuff chemical compounds that you find in Retinol products, but I haven't seen any difference in using either. My skin is still combo and my breakouts are still nutty around my red wave week every month. So I think I will not worry about the hype anymore. Since I had purchased these on Amazon months ago, I also saved a lot of money..I think I paid less than $30 for both? I've used more of the argan actually, because I mix and use it in my hair. Rose hip oil I use only on my skin...but no vast improvement and it's been months, so whatever with the rave reviews. I can't offer one lol. Just stick to my multi-vitamins and regular products.

Instead of impulse shopping I went and got my hair cut. About 8" off and side bangs. But now I want to go buy a headband for when I want the bangs out of my face.

Oh, and I also got my eyebrows waxed for the first time ever. Welcome to adulthood!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Instead of impulse shopping I went and got my hair cut. About 8" off and side bangs. But now I want to go buy a headband for when I want the bangs out of my face.

Oh, and I also got my eyebrows waxed for the first time ever. Welcome to adulthood!
Yay for being adults!

But I will never, ever, ever get my eyebrows waxed ever again. One time, the chick gave me tiny little straight line eyebrows. Another, a girl gave me sperm brows. She was terribly proud of them. 

Ughhh just came back from an awful trip to the dentist, and now I want to order from sephora. My dentist is in a mall actually lol, I would've gone to sephora afterward but my mouth is frozen so I sound weird and look like I had a stroke.

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay for being adults!

But I will never, ever, ever get my eyebrows waxed ever again. One time, the chick gave me tiny little straight line eyebrows. Another, a girl gave me sperm brows. She was terribly proud of them. 

I was worried about sperm brows.. but felt safe considering I was the youngest person in the entire salon by 40 years. I told the lady to not do them too thin and she said not to worry and that she hates the little eyebrows.. and that mine already have shape to them so they just need to be cleaned up.

I'm starting to think the bangs are too harsh and need  to be feathered in or something. This feeling had me at Big Lots to check out the Philosophy makeup. I got an eyeshadow duo and illuminator.. Stupid thread on Big Lots Philosophy. I really went to Big Lots because Food City is next door and I've been wanting Horchata, but I made it an excuse to go check out the Philosophy stuff. They didn't really have much else though.

I asked hubby to stop by big lots on his way home. That damn thread!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was worried about sperm brows.. but felt safe considering I was the youngest person in the entire salon by 40 years. I told the lady to not do them too thin and she said not to worry and that she hates the little eyebrows.. and that mine already have shape to them so they just need to be cleaned up.

I'm starting to think the bangs are too harsh and need  to be feathered in or something. This feeling had me at Big Lots to check out the Philosophy makeup. I got an eyeshadow duo and illuminator.. Stupid thread on Big Lots Philosophy. I really went to Big Lots because Food City is next door and I've been wanting Horchata, but I made it an excuse to go check out the Philosophy stuff. They didn't really have much else though.

Yeah I'm thinking a low buy would be better for me than a no buy. So far I haven't bought anything new.

I'm having a bad hair day/week. I don't like my new cut, the bangs are too weird. I feel gross.

So I went to Sally's. They're doing 50% off clearance stuff. I bought some hair dye stuff (red) to hopefully detract from my fug hair, got a free after-care thing from the brand, some nail wraps, fancy bobby pins to pin back my excess bangs, a cute tiny pale blue nail polish and a plugged in mini hair brush for my purse. $14.

But I didn't buy anything from Target or Ross. Ross had a romper I really wanted but even though it fit everywhere else, it gapped over my boobs. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The large was like that, so I tried an XL and it looked exactly the same, only the shorts were baggier.

I should cheer you guys on, but my birthday month has OFFICIALLY begun and I HAVE treated myself to some things.

HOWEVER, the point in that sentence is "treated" and "some". Everything I've gotten is something that I have had a desire for for at least a couple of months, and is in NO way a duplication of anything else (I won't get specific, so as not to trigger, but: one kit of travel sized products, a Philosophy 3in1, a very specific lipstick, and a very specific perfume). No impulses, not even one. And I'm continuing to winnow things out, so I'm (for the first time in a while) actually really excited about USING my purchases.

Now, admittedly, come June 22, I'm back on "low buy/no buy", but I'm taking what I've learned and USING it, even during my "authorized splurge" time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I took some pics for my blog of all my stash. Its one thing to see it everyday, its another to see it in pictures. It made me feel overwhelmed. So I got rid of all this

It felt really good to get rid of this stuff. Alot of its new so I can sell it on ebay. After seeing how much I really have is going to help me w/ this no buy

Souly, that is awesome! It really does feel great to get rid of a bunch of stuff, doesn't it?

Well, I was good and bad today. I went into the JCP Sephora today, and they had a lot of the Sephora prisma chrome eyeshadows on clearance for only $5 each. I had picked up 4 of them, but I only ended up getting one. I got a basic, neutral champagne color that I had my eye on for ages.

A huge step for me was putting back the other ones. I had a blue, teal, and orange one in my hands and after realizing that I would never use those colors and I just wanted them because they a good deal. 

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to go through all of my makeup and clear out items that I know I'll never use. That stuff'll be going off to friends, family, and whoever else. 

Well, I was good and bad today. I went into the JCP Sephora today, and they had a lot of the Sephora prisma chrome eyeshadows on clearance for only $5 each. I had picked up 4 of them, but I only ended up getting one. I got a basic, neutral champagne color that I had my eye on for ages.

A huge step for me was putting back the other ones. I had a blue, teal, and orange one in my hands and after realizing that I would never use those colors and I just wanted them because they a good deal. 

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to go through all of my makeup and clear out items that I know I'll never use. That stuff'll be going off to friends, family, and whoever else. 
Something else should be showing up tomorrow so I would probably not open that eye shadow and take it baack. 
pfeif.gif

Teal????? Why do I want that, when I've got 2 teal MAC shadows I haven't even used in quite some time?? Not to mention the other teals that come in pallettes..

I need to go through all my makeup/stuff and clear stuff out, but it's so hard. I know there's a lot of stuff I won't use, but still. I AM however giving my SIL the Fresh Sugar Affair set I got for my BF's mom for Christmas but ended up buying something more her style. It's been sitting unused under my desk ever since.

Latest posts

Back