May 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Something else should be showing up tomorrow so I would probably not open that eye shadow and take it baack. 
pfeif.gif
oooh, too late! I already opened it and swatched it. I'm happy with it though--it will look really lovely with the shady lady eyeshadows I got in the mail from you today Jenna! I was just about to message you and tell you how awesome the package was! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Teal????? Why do I want that, when I've got 2 teal MAC shadows I haven't even used in quite some time?? Not to mention the other teals that come in pallettes..

I need to go through all my makeup/stuff and clear stuff out, but it's so hard. I know there's a lot of stuff I won't use, but still. I AM however giving my SIL the Fresh Sugar Affair set I got for my BF's mom for Christmas but ended up buying something more her style. It's been sitting unused under my desk ever since.
It was a really pretty color, but I was like, "what the heck is wrong with me? I will NEVER use this color." Stash cleaning is hard. It helps to have someone with tough love around just in case you try to talk yourself into keeping stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooh, too late! I already opened it and swatched it. I'm happy with it though--it will look really lovely with the shady lady eyeshadows I got in the mail from you today Jenna! I was just about to message you and tell you how awesome the package was! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
That was fast, even with the holiday!! I JUST sent it on Saturday. First class mail is actually pretty good.

That was fast, even with the holiday!! I JUST sent it on Saturday. First class mail is actually pretty good.
Whoa! That's impressive.

Whoa! That's impressive.
Yeah, whenever I send on Saturday it gets places by Monday...it's faster than when I use priority. 

I didn't take more pictures, BUT the "great makeup/hair/skin cleanout" led to THREE FULL SIZE TOTE BAGS going out. And I STILL have more products than the average person. But it felt so good to make room for new pretties.

And I've said I won't be doing any sort of shopaholic rehab in June (birthday month), but I AM focusing on buying things I'll truly love still, and not just accumulating great deals. (So far I've done a Sephora haul and gotten an AMAZING purse....One splurge for myself each week leading up to my birthday. It's what I DO LOL)

I'm still going strong on my no buy. I think I've let it go too far, I'm simply not interested in buying anything right now. I keep finding new treasures in my stash so that keeps me from adding to it right now.

Not that I am complaining!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't take more pictures, BUT the "great makeup/hair/skin cleanout" led to THREE FULL SIZE TOTE BAGS going out. And I STILL have more products than the average person. But it felt so good to make room for new pretties.

And I've said I won't be doing any sort of shopaholic rehab in June (birthday month), but I AM focusing on buying things I'll truly love still, and not just accumulating great deals. (So far I've done a Sephora haul and gotten an AMAZING purse....One splurge for myself each week leading up to my birthday. It's what I DO LOL)
Woah. That's a lot of stuff.

Woah. That's a lot of stuff.
And I kept quite a lot. As mentioned, I haven't even touched the nail bins and tool drawer yet.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa, that's quite a lot. I need to go upstairs and clean out my collection asap. It's time to give some tough love to my makeup and clear some of that out. I actually pulled out a few items last night that I know I need to get rid of, but there are many more than need to go. I'm trying to rotate out different makeup items every week, and I'm writing down whether or not I like it, love it, or loathe it. The loathe items are the ones that will be leaving. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still going strong on my no buy. I think I've let it go too far, I'm simply not interested in buying anything right now. I keep finding new treasures in my stash so that keeps me from adding to it right now.

Not that I am complaining!
Go you! That's pretty awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And it's time for me to go ahead and buy a train case. I'm so sick of looking at the fugly, massive Sterlite container sitting on the bathroom counter. I hate it, my husband hates it (even though I know he won't say anything about it to me). 

Time to get to work!

Souly, that is awesome! It really does feel great to get rid of a bunch of stuff, doesn't it?
It does and thanks. And it makes me feel better about the 3 blushes I got @ big lots.

You did really good only getting one shadow. Those shadows are gorgeous!

It feels like eternity since I hit pan on any makeup. I did finish up a bunch of items, but they were teeny little samples and that was closer to the beginning of the month. I think I've hit that weird, discouraging lull where it seems like nothing will ever be finished.

In other news, my train case should be here Monday. Then I can get down to business and get everything organized!

It feels like eternity since I hit pan on any makeup. I did finish up a bunch of items, but they were teeny little samples and that was closer to the beginning of the month. I think I've hit that weird, discouraging lull where it seems like nothing will ever be finished.

In other news, my train case should be here Monday. Then I can get down to business and get everything organized!
You can do it! Finishing make up is like losing weight, lol. I finished a mineral foundation yesterday, and that felt good. Mineral make up is so much easier to finish that pressed one's though. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm working on basically just giving everything away. My coworkers love me, lol.

You can do it! Finishing make up is like losing weight, lol. I finished a mineral foundation yesterday, and that felt good. Mineral make up is so much easier to finish that pressed one's though. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm working on basically just giving everything away. My coworkers love me, lol.
Haha, so do my friends! Everytime someone comes over, I give them a little bag of stuff, lol. 

Uggh, but the makeup! My Orgasm blush just will not die. I have about 80% of the pan showing and it does not seem to be getting any smaller. Blegh. Same with my mousse foundation. And my primer. And my pressed powder. So many products just on the edge!

I transferred all of my crap into my train case that previously stored art supplies. Except the makeup I use, which is in a makeup bag. The case didn't close all the way, but then I made my SIL a little goody bag to go with her bday gift and it did. Maybe I'll make a goody bag for my real sister too.

Day 7! I'm tempted by the gorgeous color you got lady grey. Sephora has them on clearance again

Roughly 6 days now. The nail polish I got at Sally's SUCKS. I put 3 coats of it on and it was still too sheer/streaky. It smells like coconut though, which I like.. but I won't wear it because it'd take the entire tiny bottle to do all 10 nails! It was only 35 cents though so I'm not upset about that.

Back