May 2013 No-buy/Low-buy thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In need of support :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm trying to suck it up and cancel popsugar for June-  I like the box but don't love it and it's my most expensive sub by far and I'm not in an income bracket where $35 is the same as $10 to me.  But somehow-- it's so HARD to cancel.  Help?!?!?
You can do it! Think of it this way: whatever's in the box, you can buy later, especially since it's unlikely you're going to love 100% of everything that's in your box. You can get the items at another time, but you can't get your money back once they charge you

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In need of support :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm trying to suck it up and cancel popsugar for June-  I like the box but don't love it and it's my most expensive sub by far and I'm not in an income bracket where $35 is the same as $10 to me.  But somehow-- it's so HARD to cancel.  Help?!?!?
I feel ya. I canceled for June. I like the box but just like you I'm definitely not in an income bracket where $35 is the same as $10. 

What helped me cancel was looking at the items that were in the last two boxes and thinking about how many items I actually used. I ate the food items, I wear the perfume in last month's box and the lip balm received this month. But that's it. I liked almost everything else that I got but they're just collecting dust.

So far I'm keeping Birchbox and Ipsy because they make my bank account and I happy so I think I can live without popsugar. 

Back