Memebox: 10 Minute Box Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got tropical lovers, princess oo3 and the burgundy red lippy,the ono thing not my cup of tea is the eye lashes but they are gone anyway. this morning i have a stain from swatching the lipstick last night and forgetting to wipe off but the swatch from the gloss in box 11 is still fluro pink. forgot to put balm or bb underneath the swatting hense my tiredness
I sthe power a beige, light color tone?

Hmm this is the only Memebox I'm not super thrilled about. Perfume is really kind of a personal thing, and I already have way too many to get through in a single lifetime. The hair perfume sounds interesting, but I always spray perfume in my hair to begin with. The lashes look like something you'd find at the Japanese dollar store, and they'd only work with certain stylized looks. The body powder I'm fine with, so long as it's not glittery--I can just use that as a mattifier/setting powder. The lipstick looks like it's good quality, but I have sooooooooooooooooooooooo many red lipsticks from years of subbing various sample services, and I just don't do red lipstick.

Oh well! I only got the box for like $12 so I'm not devastated or anything :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. But seriously, I must have 20+ red lipsticks from sample services, that I just don't wear. Not to mention all the red lipglosses--Ipsy went through a phase where, for like a whole year, everything came with a red lipgloss of some sort. I'd love some peachy-nude or berry lipsticks, but all I ever get is red.

@@americanclassic I feel you, sista. Also not that into red lippie anymore. Or strong perfumes with pheromones or whatnot. I personally prefer light florals/ sweet scents.. But the deal has been done! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I'm pretty happy with the 10 minute box. It wasn't quite as exciting to me as a Global Edition box, but the products do seem to be high quality. 

The pheromone perfume smells so much nicer than this Pure Romance brand one that I also own and I love the way the hair perfume smells!! It was a lot of scents in one box but a fun change from getting mostly skin care products. At the very least those Hope Girl products will look great in my bathroom :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got mine today, and while I was a bit disappointed at first, I have to look at it objectively as a blogger, and I think this is actually a pretty nice box!

For the theme, I'm guessing it's kind of like a "getting ready for a date" box. While I think 3 out of 5 products being perfumed was kind of an overkill, I think that it was nice to get a box that wasn't filled with skincare.

I don't think the perfumed powder has much of a scent- is it just me? The red lipstick is nice for fall, but not something I wear much of in the summer. Cute packaging on both of the Hope Girl products!

The pheromone perfume is incredibly, incredibly strong. Not too fond of it, but I have friends to give these things to!

The lashes are OK. I actually really enjoy false lashes, but I have a massive, massive box of them and I don't use them often enough to ever really need a big package like this. Not to mention the ones I got were not really "every day" lashes. Even so, they seem like they're fun and different so that intrigues me!

My favorite item in the box is definitely the scented hair essence. Even though it says it's rose scented, I find it to be a light, pleasant generic floral scent. It reminds me of the Cherry Blossom conditioner from the Hair and Body box, which I am obsessed with.

It was a cute idea and decent curation, just not every item was up my alley. I still think it was a solid box overall!

This box was a bit disappointing, but only because memebox usually has their standards set up really high! Still decent value I suppose.

The scented stuff really was overkill! I know a lot of people enjoyed the idea of hair perfume, but I think it's a little ridiculous because... well, in that ten minutes you're getting ready, are you supposed to apply all three scents? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That and I think a lot of girls will already have nice smelling hair because of our extensive haircare routines!

The body powder perfume stuff smells nice. The designer fragrance I didn't want to open because I don't fancy smelling like "American Girl Pheromones"..

The lashes I can appreciate even though I don't use them because I enjoy collecting them. I think the best item was the lippie =) 

I only spent $5 (including shipping) on this box because I used all my points, so I will just think of it as $5 for a new lipstick!

@@MissJexie is back
loveshower.gif

I did a little swappy swap with @@Deareux and ended up with the lippy. I quite like it, then again, I have a weakness for red lipsticks. I can never have too many. It has pretty solid staying power and is a nice color! Just take caution in applying, if you go outside the lines, it's a bit of a pain to remove! 

So I got my 10 Minute Box but the perfume oil was leaking and smelled horrible to me, was giving me a headache- when I handled it it got all over my fingers and I finally just threw it out because it was stinking up my apartment and making me feel ill. I emailed Memebox about it, asking for a partial refund, and they asked me to take a picture, I explained I had already thrown it away so I couldn't take a picture (and it wasn't even visible that it was leaking) so they replied: 

"hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for reply.

We need to picture for figure it out, but could not take a picture for your damaged item.
We can give 4 damaged points in your account, If you okay.
Please let us know.

Also please note, if you get the damaged items from us, you need to take pictures for complaining us.
Thank you"

So yeah...I'm not ordering from them again and this box was basically a total loss for me. 

So I got my 10 Minute Box but the perfume oil was leaking and smelled horrible to me, was giving me a headache- when I handled it it got all over my fingers and I finally just threw it out because it was stinking up my apartment and making me feel ill. I emailed Memebox about it, asking for a partial refund, and they asked me to take a picture, I explained I had already thrown it away so I couldn't take a picture (and it wasn't even visible that it was leaking) so they replied: 

"hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for reply.

We need to picture for figure it out, but could not take a picture for your damaged item.
We can give 4 damaged points in your account, If you okay.
Please let us know.

Also please note, if you get the damaged items from us, you need to take pictures for complaining us.
Thank you"

So yeah...I'm not ordering from them again and this box was basically a total loss for me. 
Honestly, that seems like a pretty standard response in that situation. Every single time I've had an issue with a product and I plan on complaining to the company, I take photos of the damaged item(s) because the company will always ask for photos. There are way too many people trying to commit fraud and get extra or free items which is why photos are required by most companies when dealing with issues.

I think it was a fair offer to give $4 in points since you didn't have a photo of the damaged item. Maybe it's just me!

I recieved this 1,5 week ago and this is actually one of the best boxes I peronally think..

I LOVE falsies, and we're really happy to get some in memebox, kinda waited for it. They will be so fun for a girl night out or something ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The body perfume had a settle lovely smell, and it lasts quite a while after put on. And the packaging itself.. Gorgeous!!

The hair essence is right up my alley, love hair stuff in general and the scent were nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only thing I didn't fancy were the smell of the roll perfume, but it's fine..

If anyone's interested, I'm giving away the Memebox 10 Minute Box over at my blog. I purchased it myself but I wasn't really all too happy with it so I thought why not give it away to someone else who might enjoy it more. Here's the link:

*Edited by KellyKaye to remove bloglink per our TOS*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a little disappointed at first but I am really happy with this box. The powder scent is not strong at all but I do love the packaging. I was also a little sad that I didn't get the bright red lipstick. I wanted to keep that cute thing in my purse. I'm over it now though. lol The hair lovely perfume smells wonderful and makes my dry hair feel nice. I really didn't like the roll-on perfume at all at first. Like at all, I had to move my nose away from it. My husband said he liked it so I put some on. The more I try it out the more I really like it. It's not floral or sweet or musky or anything it's just clean smelling to me. So overall I'm happy. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested the powder, and although it feels nice, it smells sorta like sour dough to me. And the perfume was way too strong and actually triggered my nausea. Overall, I'm rather disappointed in this box. It was my first Memebox too. Oh well.

Back