Memebox Colorboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@ChullBird, I second using it as a blush! Same with those who got the orange box! I bet it could totally work as a blush on some skin tones. Probably not my pale arse, but I am sure there are some of y'all that could rock it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ya know, now that I've thought of it....what does one do with red eyeshadow? I'm really not sure how to incorporate this into a normal routine but challenge accepted.
or maybe you can consider something similar to this (from memebox) if you got both the orange and red boxes?

It's not red per se in the video but you can use the red that way and see how it works out? I got all the boxes and was planning on trying it in that combo! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked my boxes up today, the orange shadow is actually much less intimidating than I thought it would be. It doesn't have a whole lot of pigment and it's actually not that bright, so probably no blush for that one.

The red though...holy crap. I really think it could be blended out into a nice blush though....with a very very small amount. I really don't like the idea of wear red shadow on my eyes. Even after watching some videos and stuff. Red always makes me look tired. Over all, I think these boxes are really cool and I'm super pleased that I got all 3. I really don't think there's a single dud.

finally got my color box!! I love all of the products - the lipstick is just beautiful and I got the Hawaiian Blue for the nailpolish which is like a denim color

swatches in spoiler section

lipstick, eyeshadow and eyeliner swatch

colorboxblue.6.png

yeah, I haven't done a good manicure, so I just threw on ONE coat (this is how saturated this color is) and did an extreme closeup!! lol 

nailpolish swatch

colorboxblue6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got my color box!! I love all of the products - the lipstick is just beautiful and I got the Hawaiian Blue for the nailpolish which is like a denim color

swatches in spoiler section

lipstick, eyeshadow and eyeliner swatch

colorboxblue.6.png

yeah, I haven't done a good manicure, so I just threw on ONE coat (this is how saturated this color is) and did an extreme closeup!! lol 

nailpolish swatch

colorboxblue6.png
woo, the lipstick colour is really nice. Can't wait to get mine! 

I'm kind of pretty much in love with the lipstick in the blue box.  I'm on the fence about the eyeliner not because I have anything against blue eyeliner but because I'm a little *too* fond of it and may probably have a dupe of it already.  I'll just add it to the stash for Secret Santa since I'm not up to actually swapping right now.  The eyshadow is going there as well since I've got a triple-digit pigment collection/obsession (and I just received something like a dozen more Thursday and eight more today *and* have still more on the way) that keeps me away from pressed shadows.  I received the other polish, whatever it was.  I've already managed to lose the card!  I'm also on the fence about it because it, too, looks like something I already have. 

Overall, I had no business buying this box because I have SO MUCH BLUE MAKEUP that anything was probably going to be a dupe except a lip color -- and I ordered anyway and crossed my fingers that a looks-blue-in-the-tube-but-goes-on-purple lipstick would be included, and, if it was, then the whole box would be worth my purchase price since I used points and only had to pay for postage.  So *blazing* success for me!  And I have a cute pink box for something yet to be determined!  Bonus!

@@biancardi that nail polish wears like a dream too.
I just did my nails completely.  Wow - it goes on smooth and easy, and just beautiful!  I am glad I got the creme version instead of the glittery version as I will get more wear out of this. Plus, I have a lot of blue glitters from Rainbow Honey

I just did my nails completely. Wow - it goes on smooth and easy, and just beautiful! I am glad I got the creme version instead of the glittery version as I will get more wear out of this. Plus, I have a lot of blue glitters from Rainbow Honey
I got the same color you did!
It is a beautiful color.

Heh.  I just found the card.  My nail polish color:  Twilight.  While I have nothing but contempt for the book/movie series, I do live about a mile and a half from the high school where the first movie was filmed.

Something about the card:  It refers to "soft pastel violet hues."  Uh.  Yeah.  Now we know what seem to be very specific hints in the box description mean nothing in the end.

I think they thought the lipstick was a soft violet! lol

here is a better picture of Hawaiian Blue on my nails - the pic is fuzzy as I take crappy pictures when there is no flash.  Natural daylight and that is my outdoor balcony, as I do not have bird poo in my home!! lol

colorbox10.png

I think they thought the lipstick was a soft violet! lol

here is a better picture of Hawaiian Blue on my nails - the pic is fuzzy as I take crappy pictures when there is no flash.  Natural daylight and that is my outdoor balcony, as I do not have bird poo in my home!! lol

colorbox10.png
Woo, that is a nice blue! I got the glittery one, which is fine with me, as I don't have the same shade and I love glitter. i didn't know there are different shades for nail polishes.  :) I did mine in orange. I love this colour! Been trying hard to find this colour from other brands but now I finally got it! So happy.

Orange Nail Polish.ColourBox.jpg

Back