Memebox Colorboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any a consolation for those who got orange... any fav products from the box so far? 

And yassss tmr is finally Monday.

I just found this for the red box: http://boxesfordays.wordpress.com/2014/06/28/memebox-color-box-1-red-review/

I ordered all the colour boxes and now have seen all of them. It seems like the items in each box is the same, just with the respective colours. But given the price, I think it's a good deal still. I already have a lot of nail polishes but those colours are still nice. The only thing I think I probably won't use (unless it's Halloween :lol: ) is probably the blue lipstick. But if you girls have any idea on how to incorporate that into a daily routine, please let me know!

I just found this for the red box: http://boxesfordays.wordpress.com/2014/06/28/memebox-color-box-1-red-review/

I ordered all the colour boxes and now have seen all of them. It seems like the items in each box is the same, just with the respective colours. But given the price, I think it's a good deal still. I already have a lot of nail polishes but those colours are still nice. The only thing I think I probably won't use (unless it's

Halloween :lol: ) is probably the blue lipstick. But if you girls have any idea on how to incorporate that into a daily routine, please let me know!
If the blue lipstick works like Lipstick Queen's Hello Sailor as I have a feeling it does, it's not blue on your lips. That's the "colorful twist" mentioned in the box description: It looks navy blue in the tube but turns a lovely berry shade once on. It seems more like a tinted lip balm than lipstick.

If the blue lipstick works like Lipstick Queen's Hello Sailor as I have a feeling it does, it's not blue on your lips. That's the "colorful twist" mentioned in the box description: It looks navy blue in the tube but turns a lovely berry shade once on. It seems more like a tinted lip balm than lipstick.
Um, interesting. Thanks! I'll let you know how it works once I get mine!

Tried it yesterday and you are spot on, comes off a nice berry color in the end.

*raising hand to be a test subject for anyone who decides to not want the blue/purple/berry lippy* Totally regretting not jumping on the blue box just for dat lipstick!! Can't wait to see you guys rock all these boxes!

*raising hand to be a test subject for anyone who decides to not want the blue/purple/berry lippy* Totally regretting not jumping on the blue box just for dat lipstick!! Can't wait to see you guys rock all these boxes!
I got this box pretty much entirely in the hope that it would be in there!

And a mod note:  Referring people to a swap site other than MUT is a violation of TOS. 

Links to competing beauty forums are not allowed.
Since we have a swap section, an outside swap forum is considered to be a competing forum.  Any such link or post will be removed.  The Memebox swap thread is over here:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/129763-memebox-swap-thread-2014/

sorry, I didn't know - someone else did this on another thread for glossybox, so I thought it was okay - they were looking for the actual june box. I thought that the swapping was okay, as that isn't really a forum.

but now I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, now that I've thought of it....what does one do with red eyeshadow? I'm really not sure how to incorporate this into a normal routine but challenge accepted.

Ya know, now that I've thought of it....what does one do with red eyeshadow? I'm really not sure how to incorporate this into a normal routine but challenge accepted.
use it as blush? 

I guess it would be pretty cool with a deep brown color and to blend it with that.

I wear blood-red (especially blood-red *metallic*) eyeshadow on a regular basis.  Red on the lid, brown in the crease, a champagne-y highlight color, and brown liner.  Chocolate-covered cherries!  Or if you're a horror fan, blood mixed in dirt!  It's actually much prettier than I expected.  I only tried it one day because I happened to have a red eyeshadow I had *no clue* what to do with, but brown crease/liner is a default thing for me, so I tried it, and I was surprised by how much I liked it -- and have ended up adding it to my color combination library/repertoire.  I think the brown liner is the key.  Black liner makes it look OH HAI HALLOWEEN COSTUME, and no liner makes it look unfinished and special effects-ish.

ETA:  And I'm 42, have no social life, and work for a bank, so I'm not talking about a club look.  It's everyday for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back