Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will def try, since there's really nothing to lose. And I've heard such great things about Monave...but waiting for my Meow samples, gotta say every day is like a week in comparison. I just can't wait to try it, I'm so excited, so excited!!!!:rockwoot:

Sunny-

Got my Meow samples today. I am thinking I will be a Frisky Korat or a Naughty Aby. I think I have a bit more tan undertones than Lilita rather than peach. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Wearing Lauress Elemental today in Radiant Gold (I think I can stick with that because I probably don't need more yellow than what the golds supply.) I am wishing I had numerous heads like Lilita is always talking about. :laughing:

Oh Hoozey, you're so lucky...I'm SO JEALOUS!! in a good way. :rotfl:

I can't wait to get mine...just can't wait! I'm so happy for you, I hope you find your perfect match so you don't have to go through all that mixing craziness...unless you like it. I, however, unlike Lilita, do not have the patience or perseverance to keep up this mixing/mad scientist stuff, I just would like to find a perfect match and perfect formula...hope I'm not being an unreasonable brat. How do you like the Elemental? I ordered my samples yesterday too, can't wait to try those as well. I'm thinking I'll be more a Subtle Yellow or something along the "yellows", but I did order a gold or two. With all the sample ordering again, can't remember what I ordered in anything anymore...lol. About the Lilita/numerous heads...me too, me too!!!:vogel:

oh yeah, and Hoozey, if you get a chance can you take a look at my new thread regarding skincare routines and mmu. I would love your opinion on that, thanks!! :rotfl:

Sunny-

I love the feel of elemental but I have some hyperpigmentation that makes me self-conscious and prefer a tad more coverage. But today we only went to the bowling alley so I am not too concerned with looking stunning. :rotfl:

I don't think I'll have to mix with Meow because it looks like Korat or Aby are going to do it. The only mixing I don't mind doing is say for summer tan color- where I just add varying amounts of a golden tan to get a match. When I wore BE I wore light and then just mixed in tan as I got darker. I seem to get a decent match most times so I can't complain. Tomorrow I am going to do 1/2 face and make my hubby tell me which he likes best- rethink--- I am going to do 1/2 face and ask my DAUGHTER which she likes best. Much better plan. :rockwoot:

With all these mineral talk, I ended up ordering samples of Sleek and Frisky in MAU, KORAT, CHARTREUX, SIAMESE, ANGORA, Abyssinian, and Persian. All in Flawless Feline.

These are in addition to samples I order from Aubrey Nicole, Everyday Mineral, Lauress, Lumiere, Ocean Mist, Elegant Minerals, and Buffd.

I'm only two weeks into this Minerals; by end of the month I'm going to be broke. To tell the truth things are blurring for me. I can't remember which one is good. I'm starting an excel tracking systems.

Hoozey, yeah much better plan. I was going to say, you're so lucky to have a husband who actually would be able to tell the difference and pick a favorite...mine doesn't know when I'm wearing mu and when I'm not...he thinks I look "good" all the time, lol. Honestly, I look horrible without mu, but he rarely gets a chance to see me that way. He's already in bed when I do my nightly skincare routine and crawl in beside him, and in the morning, I like to hop in the shower right away and do my face before anything else. I'm also self-conscious of the way I look without mu, I guess you just get so used to looking nice and when you don't look as good, it doesn't feel so great:glasses: .

Can't wait to see how it goes. I was thinking of trying the lightest shade in Korat. (I just found Lauress, what am I doing to myself!? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I'm curious what you think of the texture & coverage of Meow too.

Peri-I love your blogs! And I'm also glad to see others using different brands together.I used to think that if I used a certain line of MU,etc...that I shouldnt mix with other brands.Not true though I see now

The Meow Pamp. Puss is my favorite- it is super light feeling- like elemental but seeing it comes in big tubs, I don't mind having to do several layers on my trouble areas. Meow is definitely one where I diverged from the ladies like Lilita. I found the Angora too yellow and the closest mix was Aby/Pers. rather than Ang./Pers. The korat seems to pick up my tan undertones best. Hope it works for you. You have such nice skin that I think you'll really like Meow too. I am eyeing some of the e/s too. It really doesn't end. Too much lovely stuff out there. :rotfl:

Thank you! I can't give up my BE, Monave, Valerie, even MAC (eye and lip products, no foundations!), even though I keep finding new brands. Each brand has a particular forte, so I mix and match them accordingly.

I'm with you Aileen! I find something I just love at just about every brand. I can't use BE face products but still use the e/s regularly. I just can't limit myself to one brand.

totally agree with you Peri; couldn't give up my Benefit Bad Gal mascara, still love MAC lipsticks, my favorite l/g's are the DiorKiss and Smashbox l/g are really great too!! Why do we have to limit ourselves to ONE brand when there are so many out there to enjoy? I'm pretty sure none of the companies insist on your sole devotion to them. But as far as Meow...can't wait for my order to get here, I think Hoozey mentioned that she loved the Purrfect Puss formula, or was it the Pampered? Anyways, I have a good feeling about this brand, for some reason my skin is going through this dry thing and none of my mmu looks good except the BE...weird. I tried the OM yesterday...fine until I looked at myself around dinner time...BLAH! The day before that I tried Buff'd...no good. also tried Signature, my old Pur Minerals and today I'm trying the EDM...we'll see...so far it's ok but my problem is not really immediate, it's after several hours of wearing it.

oh yeah, and I do still love BE but I just wish there was more shade selection and it's kind of pricey too...Blah!:frown:

Hi Sunny. I love Dior show mascara and Lancome mascaras. I also love Dior glosses and Mac lipglasses!

hi Bridge, I also love Lancome mascaras too, but lately I've fallen in love with the Bad Gal mascara...know of any comparable mascaras that aren't so pricey? I'm a mascara girl and I think I'm gonna go broke because of it. The DiorKiss l/g are so awesome...I just love the diamond specks in them and I haven' been able to find one that is just as good. I've tried lots with the glitter, but none compare to the perfection of the DiorKiss...too bad cuz that's also pricey...:frown:

Dayna- yay! you got your samples! I am dead set on ordering Frisky Chartreux in FF, but I'd like a deeper shade to mix it with for my summer foundie.

Meow experts (Lilita, ruby), what do you think I should mix with the Frisky Chartreux to make just a tad darker? Mixing it with Naughty Chartreux gets TOO dark. Should I get Angora, Persian? TIA!

Sunny- that's one of my probs too, staying power, especially since I live here where it's warm (although thank goodness not humid!). Meow's staying power is not as good as J.Lynne, Monave and Lauress, but I SO love the light feeling and the fact that I look like I didn't pile up on the foundation.

Hi periwinkle - if you added less Naughty Chartreux would this work? Persian is actually darker (and more reddish-peach) than Chartreux so I don't know...

Angora is yellow - Maybe if you tried Naughty or Fierce Angora? I am not sure if it would 'darken' the frisky chartreux or just yellow-it up...

Sorry, I'm not any help here...

I got my samples of Flawless Feline 2-Frisky Chausie! I dont think I'm going to have to mix it with 1-Sleek Chausie...it may be a match. Oh and I think I just may love the flat top brush even more than ever now that I'm using MMU that I dont have to buff into my skin.

Back